Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Fury warrior - X realm - A raider

June 17, 2010, 02:38:35 pm
Read 5568 times

Offline warrior

• Vendor Trash

Fury warrior - X realm - A raider
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:38:35 pm »
Personal Information

Name: Zaniar
I have just completed my degree. I studied Biochemical Engineering at UCL (London). What i mean by I have just finished is that, I graduated basically a few days ago  . I plan to do a masters in engineering but I still have not offically made up my mind yet. I enjoy smoking shisha (middle eastern thing) and my family own a shisha cafe. I stated playing wow a couple of years ago and am still very much addicted!

Character Information
Character name: Ironarmz
My gear can be seen here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&n=ironarmz
Pre WOTLK bosses: The Black Temple, sunwell, shadow lab, molten core and a few others
WOTLK
Naxx 10: complete
Naxx 25: complete
Sarth3D 10: compete
Sarth3D 25: complete
Ulduar 10: complete
Ulduar 25: complete
Toc 10: complete
Toc 25: complete
TOGC: 4/5
ICC 10: 12/12
ICC 25: 11/12 (know LK tacts - I have not killed lk on normal cos i took a break cos of exams and by the time i got back guild was only doing heroics)
Icc 25 HC: 7/12 (know all tacts except lk hc)

OK I will take you through my gear and rotation:
For fury I have spec 18/53/0 I have points in UWrath for extra rage because I have a macro where I switch to battle stance and cast rend when I have 4secs left on BS. Rend does between 2-5% of my total damage at times. Hence why I have spent the few talent points on it. Some warriors use it on intercept or percingwhowl. 
With my current gear ive crafted this to maximise my dps. My dps on my mainhand outwights the dps lost my not being expertise capped on my off hand. I have shadowslayers vault cloak 277 – but I won’t equip this until I get DBW (Iit has only dropped twice in several months) or get more ARP and then gem down 10 str + 10 crit to cut the rest of the arp. Darkmooncard greatness is the best current trink until dbw or deaths verdict/wish.  I do have 264 ring with expertise to replace with Frostbrood Sapphire Ring but it does not outwight the damage lost.
FURY SPEC
For fury I follow the rotation (Talent free 18/53/0)
BS  WW  Instant slam (when proc)  and spam heroic strike (with HS glyph)  Switch to Arms stance and use Rend (Only when there is a time lag of 4 secs – i.e. BS just got used and no procs are up and WW has over 4 secs). On multiple targets use cleave. Depending on the fight I pop cd at specific times.
2 main macros – (i) switch to battle for Rend and (ii) equipping shield and poping shield wall.  This can be affective on fights such as blood queen heroic air phase.
Depending on the fight I use death wish at different times. A 5 min fight allows me to use Death wish 2 times and I prioritise its use either at the beginning and end or to stack with other cd.
I enjoy theory crafting on warrior dps. I tend to spend many hours doing this. I like to know what gear I need before the next patch is officially released.

ARMS SPEC
For arms I adapt the talent spec is 55/8/8 This talent spec maximises my dps and any good arms warrior would agree. A common talent spec is 57/14. However, Incite on the protection talent tree (which is 55/8/ gives me 15% more crit on heroic strike which i use frequently (heroic strike glyph can be used but can also be debated). The talent spec is the best dps spec for arms on a single target boss or bosses. However, on a boss like LK. 57/14 would be a better spec becuase the cleave ability (with the 120% damage bonus) would be better for that fight because the adds are tanked near the boss and the cleave ability comes in extremly handy.
My current rotation on a single target boss fight i.e. Fester or Surfange stands at,
Charge, rend, MS, OP.
Between Rend and MS there is room for slam or HS.

Spam heroic strike over slam because of incite which gives me 15% extra crit on HS (HS glyph can be good).
Never the less, My top priorty on rotation would be OP (6sec cd) --> MS (5sec CD) --> Execute if it is up. then slam or hc depending my rage generation.

Arms warriors do not need  much/if any expertise. If a boss dodges or parrys an attack, you get instant OP. The only downside is that you lose 1sec in your rotation. However, i can counter act this by using HS more after a dodge or parry. As OP only uses 5 rage.  This is my theory and it can be debated if it’s perfect in reality. Never the less a macro to switch to fury and pop relentless before starting the first attack can also be helpful.

Raiding

I am available to raid all days required. I aim to keep to 95% of raid attendance regardless of progression or farm runs.

More specific times:

Mondays: YES
Tuesdays: YES
Wednesdays: YES
Thursdays: YES
Fridays: ISH (if needed I can)
Saturday: ISH (if needed I can)
Sundays: YES

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history
I started out a couple of years ago and I chose to play a warrior because I thought it was the coolest character. I didn’t have any friends at the time that played wow so I had to learn everything the hard way which is the long way. After endless hours of research and reading I started getting good at being a warrior. I enjoyed doing  dungeon in TBC. At the moment I have several warriors on different severs. I just love the warrior class and refuse to switch to any other class. I have played other classes but I enjoy playing a warrior the most. I am also mount whore. Ive tried pvp but haven’t gotten far.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I feel that  Iron edge  can offer me a much better and suited raiding environment for my needs as a hard core raiding player. I know my class and specs very well. I theroycraft on warrior dps often and use spread sheets

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I am very quick to adapt and a quick learner. I believe i can offer the guild a lot of dedication, team work abilities, high skilled playing in any spec. I always come equipped to raids with potions, flasks, food. I am patient when it comes to hours of fighting because that is progression is. If players can’t understand the term progression and what factors influence it then a core raiding team is not for them. I take criticism and don’t take it to heart. It’s all part of becoming a better player and better guild. I can offer dedication, team work abilities, high skilled playing in any spec and memorable times.

Last words?
Tech Stuff:
Computer Specifications:
Model Dell XPS710
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4
64-bit capable Yes
Total size of hard disk(s) 932 GB
Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Total available graphics memory 2046 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 768 MB
Fans left, right and centre to keep it cool

Broadband: 24meg. I get about 45ms and 45+ fps.
Total time played = 165 days
I have vent and speak on it aswell.
I have just come back from a month break (final year exams) and my current guild is over populated. Likewise do not have the attitude to raiding as I would expect anymore . I’m ready for some more hardcore raiding.

P.S.  DON’T mind my user name: I was trying to multitask and I don’t think im too good at multitasking. :D 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:12:50 pm by X realm fury warrior »

June 17, 2010, 02:39:53 pm
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Fury warrior - X realm - A raider
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:39:53 pm »
[13:34:50] <vorteruki> bold post on the forum
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

June 17, 2010, 02:43:24 pm
Reply #2

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:43:24 pm »
Any post with 'ish' used to describe availability gets my vote.
Now I run a tech website.

June 17, 2010, 02:45:02 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:45:02 pm »
[13:34:50] <vorteruki> bold post on the forum

Two nails with one hammer!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

June 17, 2010, 03:19:50 pm
Reply #4

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:19:50 pm »
I enjoy smoking shisha (middle eastern thing)

Seems fun. Just look at all that activity.

I myself enjoy sleeping

June 17, 2010, 05:28:27 pm
Reply #5

Offline Gozhell

• Guild Member

• tumblr blog
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 05:28:27 pm »
My sister has a similar sleep time lapse video!

June 17, 2010, 07:55:15 pm
Reply #6

Offline warrior

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 07:55:15 pm »
Update

I am off spec tank. I have no difficulting playing Protection - Arms - Fury specs and willing to spec if ever needed.

June 17, 2010, 11:05:11 pm
Reply #7

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 11:05:11 pm »
A good app with decent 264 gear.

I'm a fan of those willing to crunch numbers, so you get my vote.

Are you a fan of the vuvuzela?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

June 17, 2010, 11:06:41 pm
Reply #8

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

June 17, 2010, 11:09:43 pm
Reply #9

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 11:09:43 pm »
Don't mind offering a trial. Turn up on Wednesday. Also, rather than ventrilo you'll need teamspeak3.

Looking at your character sheet, it seems like you're only bringing up expertise to the cap for your mainhand, unless they've changed it recently that racial expertise no longer treats main and offhands seperately.

June 17, 2010, 11:21:03 pm
Reply #10

Offline warrior

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 11:21:03 pm »
Don't mind offering a trial. Turn up on Wednesday. Also, rather than ventrilo you'll need teamspeak3.

Looking at your character sheet, it seems like you're only bringing up expertise to the cap for your mainhand, unless they've changed it recently that racial expertise no longer treats main and offhands seperately.

No they havent changed the racial. Orcs have +5 expertise on axes only. However, if i was too gem expertise or get gear for expertise to capp my OH. I would lose ARP!!. At 99.56% arp atm with my food buff. Losing arp to expertise does not outweigh the dps loss i would get from having the arp and lossing the expertise.

Not being expertise capped on the off hand is not too much of a big deal becos i gain more dps from mh and its not worth loosing the arp.

Never the less, I will have to get expertise capped when i get the "cryptmaker heroic".
Here cryptmaker has an extra gem slot where i can gem expertise. Or i can switch to Agility Meta gem and use up one of my blue slots back to arp or expertise.

June 17, 2010, 11:22:11 pm
Reply #11

Offline warrior

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 11:22:11 pm »
Thank you, ill transfer over soon.

Regards

June 17, 2010, 11:24:12 pm
Reply #12

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 11:24:12 pm »
You have pro forum name.

emo? >3

June 17, 2010, 11:24:55 pm
Reply #13

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 11:24:55 pm »
Agility meta is always good, your nightmare tear will fill the requirement on its own, then you can gem completely freely with the rest.

June 17, 2010, 11:32:30 pm
Reply #14

Offline warrior

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 11:32:30 pm »
My fourm name...sigh...i was multitasking and men cannot multitask well i cant anyways. As i was registering I was thinking about what i would wrtie about while on the phone at the same time and poof ... without knowing my fourm name became ...fail

yeh i am a fan actually BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Spain failed....:( :(

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 07:36:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

38 Guests, 0 Users