Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Lagom holy paladin

January 26, 2011, 11:15:16 pm
Read 5582 times

Offline Erter

• Guild Member

Lagom holy paladin
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:16 pm »
Personal Information

My name is Erik Henrysson and I live in Stockholm Sweden with my girlfriend. I have a son who soon turns 3 years. Me on the other hand is a full grown man in his best years (31). I work in sales and have done so for the past 11 years.

In my free time I try to play as much golf as I can. Only problem is the lack of time. I also hang out with my family and friends. I regular go to the gym to work on my STR when I have lunch breaks at work.

If I would to describe my characteristics it would be: reliable, funny, helpful, patient and competitive.

Character Information

I play a holy paladin named Lagom (Swedish word). I have played him since WOTLK. I have blacksmith and enchanting for the extra benefits it gives, of course I gem/enchant/reforge my gear.

I have played a lot of dps and heal classes in raids and I like ?the heal? better since I think it needs more skill to master. A great healer needs to make fast decision regarding who to heal and what spell to use. As a healer you will make or break the raid. 

I am protection as my secondary spec and I have same level of gear as my main spec. Reason I am protection is to help out in raids if we miss tanks at some point (and get fast que in dungeons :P).

Faction reputation in Cataclysm:
Dragonmaw Clan   Exalted
Guardians of Hyjal   Exalted
Ramkahen      Exalted
The Earthen Ring   Revered (working on it :P)
Therazane      Exalted

But to sum up the characters I have:
Lagom lvl 85 Paladin (main)
Erter lvl 80 Shaman
Healme lvl 80 Priest
Fettnice lvl 70 Mage
Hsson lvl 63 Warlock

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/lagom/

Raiding

I?m free to raid 2 raids peer week with start at 20:00 and end 23:30. Not on Fridays or Saturdays because then my girlfriend will use my nuts in her serials next morning. And we don?t want that.

I think I will fit the profile in a newly started 10man team. But I don?t really mind to wait for a new team to start from scratch. I like to be part of the first time the group kills different bosses.

Gaming and World of Warcraft history

I have always played games mostly first person shooters like quake and Counter Strike since I was a little kid. I have never owned a gaming console like PS3, I have always played everything on PC.
And of course, I was the master on warcraft 1-2 :D

WoW: It all started out late in 2004 when wow was new. My friend Henrik aka Skinkelike told me that we should try this new awesome game. I told him it wasn?t a good idea since we already played a lot of counterstrike and we both have a bad habit to play games we like a bit TO much. But he keeps nagging me and I finally agreed to test the damn game. I have played ever since 

Vanilla: Started to level a warlock (Hsson) to 60 and I got the dreadmist set (now that?s epic)  But let?s face it. Locks are not the funniest class, so I level up a priest (healme) to 60 and do some raiding as holy in MC with Berzerkers of Flame. We got all down except raggy. I also leveled a mage (Fettnice) to do some pvp. I even made 5 pvp movies with him back then and regularly joined the premade pvp groups.

BC: I raided as shadowpriest (healme) in Berzerkers of flame and we did Karazhan, gruul, maggy and some bosses in TK/SSC. But the raiding cooled down and some players left. So I level a resto shaman (Erter) and join Guild of Sun in TK/SSC raiding. I think it was a great guild with fun people, almost everyone knew one another IRL except me but I still had a lot of fun during raids. But with my bad luck they quit raiding after 3 months.
I did some more raiding with my shaman and mage in Berzerkers of flame the last time of BC. I got ZA down aswell.
I took some time to play arena and got the Gladiator title with my shadowpriest in 2v2 with a rogue named Doomblade. I think I became the best ranked 2v2 resto/warr setup on dunemaul as well.

WOTLK: I stopped playing for like 6 months or so at the start. So I was left a bit behind when started. But I leveled up a paladin (Lagom) and did some raids with Berzerkers of flame. We did Naxx, Ulduar (most bosses) ToC, Onyxia, VoA, OS and ICC (never killed the king tho).  Most of this I also did with my shadowpriest and resto/enhance shaman swell.

Cataclysm: Now I play my paladin (Lagom) and I have done every single HC dungeon there is. I really like what they have done to the Paladin class in this expansion.
For now I am one of the officers in Berzerkers of flame and have been that for most of the raiding since starting wow.

Why I want to join Iron Edge

Iron Edge has always been the best guild on this server in my opinion. I even have Delling on my friends list to see where you are raiding (don?t tell him I don?t want to look like a stalker). My impression when talking to IE members (and other people) is that they have never been rude at any point witch is a big +. A mature approach is very important to me.

I also want to raid with good people and I?m sure I will find some of those in IE.

To sum up: I want to have more fun in the game and I really think I will accomplish that with you guys.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am one of those people that will help out even if I don?t benefit from it. It?s very important to remember we do this for fun and should keep it that way. I always come prepared for raids with flasks and so on. I don?t mind wipe all night with a big smile on my face. And I will be an excellent healer who keeps you alive.

I read a lot about my class so I can perform my best.
I have this theory that great PVPers makes great PVEers, especially when it comes to healing. All my hours in PVP have made me release I can run, jump, dispel, watch everyone?s HP, heal, chat with random player and scratch my balls (not necessary in that order) at the same time.

I do think I will bring some laughs to the table, especially if you have a bad sense of humor ;D

Last Words

I do want to point out that I don?t need a raidspot right now. I can wait for a new 10man group to come around. But I really want to be part of the IE community and get to know you all better. I even had some laughs when I reading replies to some of the applications on this forum.

As a mention earlier I am IRL friend with Henrik aka Skinkelinke and my goal is to raid with him in the future in some form.

/Erik Henrysson
 In game: Lagom

January 27, 2011, 12:08:32 am
Reply #1

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

Re: Lagom holy paladin
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:08:32 am »
Nice app. Think there is one 10 man 1day a week. One two days a week. And then the b-raid which is 25man. Then two with 3+.  But All these raids start inv at around 19:30 and end 00:00. So as you said you might need to wait for a new raid group to start unless your a bit flexible with the times.
GL.

January 27, 2011, 12:42:43 am
Reply #2

Offline Mekky

• Former Member

• MekLOL

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 12:42:43 am »
Damn we've lots of holypaladins, but holyshit a application good luck :)
You think you can take me? You need a fucking army if you gonna take me!

Tony Montana

www.Protonica.de - BEST MUSIC EU !!

January 27, 2011, 12:47:55 am
Reply #3

Offline Chippen

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 12:47:55 am »
raiding that few days aweek aint lagom at all! goddamn scrubbing casuals!

January 27, 2011, 09:20:53 am
Reply #4

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 09:20:53 am »
good friend of mine and a good player, its a go grab in my opinion (if it counts).

As he writes in his application he is like me, not in a rush and focusing on getting in to the IE community. About raid times, most groups start invites 19:30 and makes first pull at 20:00, dont really think that would be a problem for either of us.

C-raid raids 21-24, and thats even more optimal. That group is full atm but who knows what will happen in the future and what raid groups will pop up and how high the demand for stand by players will be.

January 27, 2011, 09:30:23 am
Reply #5

Offline Erter

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:30:23 am »
raiding that few days aweek aint lagom at all! goddamn scrubbing casuals!

I do want to point out that i?m not applying for A-raid or even B-raid at this point. They start a bit to early and I don?t want to sit and raid instead of putting my kid to sleep. So if you want to call that casual it?s all good. But I do want to raid "hardcore" when i raid, and I think I will find more people in IE that wants the same thing. You even have a team that only runs one raid per week.

Damn we've lots of holypaladins, but holyshit a application good luck :)

And you can never get enough of great holydins  ;)

January 27, 2011, 10:22:15 am
Reply #6

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:22:15 am »
With those times I think only the C-raid will fit. The B-raid raids mon/tue from 19:30-00:00 and we are thinking about looking for another holy pala. Just have your wife do those 2 nights and you do the other 5! That's the deal I have with my wife  :P

January 27, 2011, 10:34:26 am
Reply #7

Offline Erter

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 10:34:26 am »
With those times I think only the C-raid will fit. The B-raid raids mon/tue from 19:30-00:00 and we are thinking about looking for another holy pala. Just have your wife do those 2 nights and you do the other 5! That's the deal I have with my wife  :P

Yeah might be time to call my manager to arange a meeting with my girlfriend for heavy negotiations.
Sounds like you lost your battle, 5 Vs 2  :D

January 27, 2011, 12:00:25 pm
Reply #8

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »
There is no winning in those battles.

It's all about damage control.
Trolls are awesome!

January 27, 2011, 03:42:23 pm
Reply #9

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 03:42:23 pm »

So true!

January 27, 2011, 04:04:28 pm
Reply #10

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 04:04:28 pm »

So true!

Mitigate more!!

January 27, 2011, 04:14:01 pm
Reply #11

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 04:14:01 pm »
My girl friend enrages, 300% more crit chance any time i turn on wow... iv only got enough cool downs to survive monday and tuesday !!!
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

January 27, 2011, 04:32:57 pm
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 04:32:57 pm »
Eep, a stalker!

Nice app, mate :)

Two raids a week would probably work, but it would be up to Kilizion and Monstar to decide on whether they want a holy paladin. We have quite a few active paladins though (most of our groups have 2 already!), so I don't think you will fit into our existing raids.

Forming another 10-man group is possible, but we would need a few more people to make that work.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

January 27, 2011, 04:58:14 pm
Reply #13

Offline Rucious

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 04:58:14 pm »
and more tanks for it as well!
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

January 27, 2011, 06:35:19 pm
Reply #14

Offline Erter

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 06:35:19 pm »
Eep, a stalker!

Nice app, mate :)

Two raids a week would probably work, but it would be up to Kilizion and Monstar to decide on whether they want a holy paladin. We have quite a few active paladins though (most of our groups have 2 already!), so I don't think you will fit into our existing raids.

Forming another 10-man group is possible, but we would need a few more people to make that work.

-D

Hi Delling. Don?t be afraid im not really a stalker  ::)

I am in no rush atm, there is no problem to wait for a new 10man raid since I know it will be with good and friendly people in the end.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:11:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 0 Users