Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Prototype

June 17, 2009, 04:44:13 am
Reply #15

Offline Lotinja

• Former Member

• I are Tabdot

Re: Prototype
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 04:44:13 am »
For the platinum part, i think i remember them saying in a hint early on in the game that you need to earn gold on all the challenges to unlock platinum challenges.

Reached day 8 today. Just got my sword arm, but tidehunter spikes are massive fun

Does the musclemass power have any worth to it? Or is it just something you use when you want to throw a car at a helicopter a few miles away?

Have'nt used whip arm much, but it's pretty cool that you can use it to grapple (Hookshot!) helicopters!

Were there any flaws with the pc version? I guess youd have to play one of the console games to know, but some games are horribly converted (saints rows 2)

Any obvious mechanic flaws?
All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.

Because, all grass withers, and the flower falls away

June 17, 2009, 04:59:58 am
Reply #16

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 04:59:58 am »
Muscle mass is one of the greatest things in the game. It makes things explode in a cloud of blood. A lot. Jump on someone's head? They explode. Punch someone? They explode. Dragon punch someone? They become a nasa rocket launch, where the metal is flesh and the fire is blood. Muscle mass is truly one of the most fun powers. It's also great versus hunters (they can take your musclemass attacks without exploding), once you have dragon punch and air combo + spike, you will put them right into consume status from the dragonpunch combo alone, and given that the dragonpunch disables them with the air knockup, once you land that it's good night for the hunter and omnomnom for Mercer.

Whip arm is really wonderful when you need fast food and don't have the luxury of going to it. Also the street sweeper combo is unbeatable for clearing large numbers of weaker enemies at once, and the single charged special attack has really great range to dish out some damage on something really dangerous from range. Like you said as well, whip arm makes airjacking much easier, and also allows you to jack something that would otherwise be totally and utterly out of range for you even to attack, as you can use it even after doing a charged fly kick to close more distance.

PC version for me, was flawless. Vista64, ati4870x2, and a creative x-fi sound card. If a game can't find a stability or glitchy problem with any of those, it's unlikely it'll find a problem with much at all. Naturally, the graphics can be turned up higher than the console versions, though this games looks are hardly stunning anyway.

June 17, 2009, 10:21:21 am
Reply #17

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 10:21:21 am »
I've only had 2 problems with Prototype on the PC.

1: I sometimes get tanks and APC's flying around after me, and then I normally die after because you just can't kill them. (Or well you can, it just takes a really long time and hard early on in game without cannonball)

2: My sound was sometimes low, It's a well known bug my sound would just be really low and I'd have to turn it up 1/2 of the way to get it to minimal sound, I fixed that one on my own though.

June 17, 2009, 03:03:37 pm
Reply #18

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 03:03:37 pm »
The speech sound?  How do you fix it?  I assume it's poor 3d audio positioning...
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 09, 2009, 04:56:49 pm
Reply #19

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 04:56:49 pm »
not sure if you guys have watched the prototype review by yahtzee so ima go link it for you
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/789-Prototype
anyway here is the result of the challenge

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/op-ed/6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

July 09, 2009, 06:57:47 pm
Reply #20

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 06:57:47 pm »
I've only had 2 problems with Prototype on the PC.

1: I sometimes get tanks and APC's flying around after me, and then I normally die after because you just can't kill them. (Or well you can, it just takes a really long time and hard early on in game without cannonball)

2: My sound was sometimes low, It's a well known bug my sound would just be really low and I'd have to turn it up 1/2 of the way to get it to minimal sound, I fixed that one on my own though.

Flying invincitanks, hahaha, wtf.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:45:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

320 Guests, 0 Users