Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Rumly - Frost DPS Death Knight (A or B)

June 08, 2010, 04:18:55 am
Read 5495 times

Offline Rumil

• Vendor Trash

Rumly - Frost DPS Death Knight (A or B)
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:18:55 am »
Hi all, Rumly here. Actually my char is Alliance side right now, but I am looking for a new home and figured I would see if Iron Edge had an opening for DK dps. So here goes...

Personal Information

So irl stuff? Well my name is Tim, I am 27 years old, live in the UK and I'm a musician. For a living I sell sound and music loops on-line via a third party seller. I also write and record music for various other projects. I'm fond of camping, hiking, bbq's and beer.

On to the interesting stuff... ;)

Character Information

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&gn=Fluffy&cn=Rumly

As you can see I'm Frost DPS spec. I really enjoy this spec because it's quite challenging gcd wise and the rotation is kind of a fluid priority system, it's dependant on the procs basically. I was a bit dissapointed when they made Frost into the dual wield spec, as I always preferred Frost Striking with a big fat axe, but I'm glad to hear they will add support for 2h frost again in Cata. I've been playing this toon as main since LK started, and also had a dk in the beta; I just like the rune mechanics a lot which has made me stick with it through all the changes the class has seen.

Raiding

I can raid anything Sunday to Wednesday basically. I like to do some more social activities on the other nights. Sometimes I might be around Thursdays, but not normally.

More specific times:

Mondays: Whenever Required
Tuesdays: Whenever Required
Wednesdays: Whenever Required
Thursdays: Normally Unavailable
Fridays: Unavailable
Saturday: Unavailable
Sundays: Whenever Required

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I've been gaming since I picked up Super Mario Bros. on the NES as a child. Over the years I've played all kinds of platformers, fps, flight sims, rts, rpg etc etc.

First MMO was actually EVE Online, but I never really got that involved due to the really punishing pvp environment (you get pod killed, yea that's it you got raped and lost everything!). Later I moved over to WoW (I guess around 8 months after launch) and leveled a Gnome Warrior, to play with my friends in a small gaming clan/community who needed a tank to start UBRS raids! Later our small guild merged with another small guild to start MC runs, then after some stupid loot drama caused by the selfish gleader of the other guild, I left for The Garrison.

In The Garrison I progressed as a tank up through MC into BWL and got to go on a few runs in AQ40 and Naxx40, though not many really (did tank adds on an Anub kill :D). In TBC a load of people split off and I moved into the Class Officer position for Warriors. Then sometime about halfway into SSC/TK I took a few months break to pursue an important irl project, and returned to the game on my Rogue. I quickly geared up some welfare epics from heroics and rocked some S2 gear and weaps, which was enough to get into BT. I found I really enjoyed the Melee DPS game and was good at it to boot.

When LK came around I decided to do something different again and leap into the unknown with the DK, although I had played it in beta and had a fair idea what I was getting into. I became Class Officer for the DK class due to my firm grasp of the mechanics when it was still a bit of a mystery to the uninitiated.

Now in LK The Garrison raiding kind of gradually took a nose dive imho. There were some significant changes in the leadership. The 25 mans seemed to have very little focus and people were generally just unprepared, and little was done about it. There seemed to be some fear of scaring people away whenever performance was called into question, and so it all just kind of went really bad. On the flip side, some of the better players banded together and formed a strong 10 man group, which had tremendous success. I was part of that team. We completed most achievements, hard/heroic modes and metas and had a lot of fun doing it. Currently the team is on 11/12 IC 10 hc.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

Well after some recent fall outs with the TG leadership I decided I'd had enough and left the guild. I had attempted to point out a few failings of the 25 man, and people overreacted. Right now I still play in the ten man team, and we are working to complete the 10 man meta, but I miss being part of a larger community and am on the search for a new home. I thought of asking Iron Edge because it has been around on the other side of  the faction lines since as long as I can remember, so you guys must be doing something right. Iron Edge is also reputed as probably the best progressed English guild on the realm; so I thought I may as well try my luck before going further afield.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

You mean I'd have to do something for you guys? Hehe... seriously, though, I am someone who does his best to succeed basically. I come prepared with consumables and pots aplenty, watch the videos (tankspot ftw), read class discussions on EJ, have my keybinds sorted etc. I game on a pretty beastly rig. I am not turned off by wiping, as it's part and parcel of the whole raiding thing. Not to sound arrogant or anything, but I pretty much think of myself as a good solid dependable player.

Last words?
Moooo?

June 08, 2010, 08:36:01 am
Reply #1

Offline Cheerycoke

• Guild Member

Re: Rumly - Frost DPS Death Knight (A or B)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:36:01 am »
good experience and good gear! dont know if we need more dks in b raid we just recuited another dk dps but i like you!

you got my vote

Also very good application!
I am a mage

June 08, 2010, 11:54:40 am
Reply #2

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:54:40 am »
nice app nice guy :)

where in the UK u from?
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

June 08, 2010, 12:14:47 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rumil

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 12:14:47 pm »

June 08, 2010, 12:23:21 pm
Reply #4

Offline Blankshot

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 12:23:21 pm »
we need more melee!

June 08, 2010, 12:42:14 pm
Reply #5

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 12:42:14 pm »

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

June 08, 2010, 12:47:22 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rumil

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 12:47:22 pm »
Hehe, nice one. Been to Surrey but not Guildford itself! :O

June 08, 2010, 01:47:17 pm
Reply #7

Offline Hazenrage

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 01:47:17 pm »
Great app, got my vote as well :)

June 08, 2010, 02:13:50 pm
Reply #8

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 02:13:50 pm »
I demand a sample music loop!
Now I run a tech website.

June 08, 2010, 02:39:03 pm
Reply #9

Offline Rumil

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 02:39:03 pm »
You can have this Interlude, just a demo a did a while back.

:)

June 08, 2010, 02:45:20 pm
Reply #10

Offline Blackwhale

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 02:45:20 pm »
how do we know its not a keylogger and you're after dellings jew gold?!

Love the fact that its not some techno crap but actual real music, he gets my vote jute because of that
If pluto isnt a planet because its a dwarf, does that mean dwarfs aint people?

June 08, 2010, 03:06:48 pm
Reply #11

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 03:06:48 pm »
One man and his samples!
Now I run a tech website.

June 08, 2010, 03:38:22 pm
Reply #12

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 03:38:22 pm »
i miss the love blackfail!!! come kiss me online !!

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

June 08, 2010, 05:34:35 pm
Reply #13

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »
I'm open to having another DK in the A-raid.

Any thoughts on the space we have dell?

You don't need a point in subversion btw (i'd put it in CotG), our tanks are pretty good TPS wise when they get their finger out. Your gear is 'ok' and considering alot of our (plate)melee now only need 1 or 2 items, it wouldn't be hard to gear you up.

Frost spec is certainly fun, the whole raping of your GCD's is an aspect i fairly enjoyed when i played frost because it kept you on your toes. However i do prefer the 2h style to a dk which also made me pleased they were making 2h frost viable (unholy sux :P).

Edit: Why are you not running with Glyph of Disease?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:48:48 pm by Intrinsic »

June 08, 2010, 05:40:40 pm
Reply #14

Kilizion

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 05:40:40 pm »
Good luck.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:50:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

160 Guests, 0 Users