Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Skalywag - B Team Raider Application

January 09, 2011, 08:56:47 pm
Read 5970 times

Offline Skalywag

• Vendor Trash

Skalywag - B Team Raider Application
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:56:47 pm »
Personal Information

Hi there, My name is James Francis. I live in South Africa  :D No I don't have AIDS. I just finished school and begin collage tomorrow  :'(. The good thing is a will have a steady day to day plan so I will be very active on World of Warcraft. I am studying Software Development for 2011. Other than Collage and World of Warcraft I spend a lot of my time on the beach surfing  :P. I am 18 years old and currently have no girlfriend (SUCKS!) but at least it allows me to be 100% focused when on World of Warcraft. I'm a fun guy and enjoy talking junk late into the night on vent (Not when raiding obviously). I work hard and always try beat the other players that share my class and roll in raids. Enjoy the little competition. I'm very focused in raids and always try to view as many tactic vids so I have a good knowledge on what to do and what not to do.

Character Information

Skalywag
Retribution Paladin
Blood Elf - Totally not gay!

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/skalywag/simple

My gear is not very great but I am working on it as you read this  :) The shitty green head is about to be replaced. Hopefully tonight with the JP head and I am almost Exalted with Ramkahen to get my Epic Neck. I am doing Tol Barad dailies to replace my sword with the Commendation points sword, just in case it takes forever to get the dungeon heroic axe. I havent fully enchanted or gemmed some gear as I aim to replace is asap, but I can enchant it if needed... I am Hit and Expertise capped for raiding :P

This character has been my MAIN since I started playing World of Warcraft in December 2008. I worked hard in WOTLK and became the best Retri Paladin in my former guild. I love playing paladin DPS but also have tanking gear and spec (Not sure if the spec correct just through it together to farm dungeon heroics). I enjoy getting achievements and hope to get above 10k Achievement points sometime.

My Previous guild experience  :) well I joined Anguish in June 2010 and worked with the guild and through the reforming into Intensity. After the reform I applied to become an officer and was accepted. I was dedicated and loyal to the guild, kept everything in smooth running order and even lead our first ICC 10 kill as the Leader was away on business. A few days after Cataclysm was released our Guild Master abandoned us claiming Person issues and Promoted me  :P to Guild Master. Leaving me in full control with 3 Officers. Long story short the guild slowly crumbled as many followed of Descent left and raiding slacked... I just left the guild as it was too much for me to handle.

I dont have any other level 85 Character at the moment as I am trying to gear my paladin as fast as I can. I was absent form WOW for about 3 weeks so my gear slacks.

Raiding Information

I began serious raiding with ICC but have experience with all WOTLK raids.

Naxx - Full Clear.
Ulduar - 7/13
Onyxia's - Full Clear.
TOC - Full Clear - 1/5 Heroic.
ICC - Full Clear 10 and 25 - 9/12 Heroic on both.
RS - Full Clear 10 man only.

I have not killed ANY  :'( Cataclysm bosses yet but know tactics for first two bosses in Blackwing Descent and Baradin Hold. If I get accepted I will watch TONS of tactic videos but at present thats the only stuff I have attempted.

Gaming Experience

Well I basically summed that all up in my previous guild information paragraph.
Other than World of Warcraft I do play Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Team Fortress 2 and Source. Just some great shoot 'em up games  ::) I once was heavy into DOTA but once I began to play WOW that became boring.

My computer specs are not really great but I get a stable 35 - 45 frames in raids.
Intel Core2duo - 6750 - 2.6ghz
Gigabyte 8800GTS 512mb
4gb DDR2 RAM - 667mhz <- shitty
Intel Mobo DP35D <- shitty
Zboard Merc Gaming keyboard <- Great for wow
Sum random Wireless Laser mouse.
AND
World of Warcraft Cataclysm Collectors Edition Mouse Pad  :-*

My Internet Connection is a 4mb ADSL line <- Remember I live in SA, its the fastest for my town. I use WTFast to boost my connection and have a stable 250-300ms latency. Fine for raiding and vent.

In a month or so I am buying a full new PC so I can play Crysis 2 with ULTRA HIGH GRAPHICS  :-* :-* :-*

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

Well who would want to join IE  ::) BUT I want to join Iron Edge cause I want to get back into raiding and because I know some characters in the guild at present - Whitewash, Imperfection <- Came to Dunemaul cause him and some other SA guys play it. Also I want to join Iron Edge to prove I am good enough to be in an elite guild. Other than that I dont enjoy World of Warcraft when i am guildless...

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

A great character that is reliable in raids and puts loads of effort into being the best possible. I can also offer Enchanting - Have most of the Melee DPS enchants. Further more I am always questing or farming when I'm not raiding or waiting for a dungeon. So I will put my fair share of guild experience into getting higher levels in guild progress.

Last Words?
Hope my App wasn't boring  :-[ 
Let's Rock ::)

January 10, 2011, 12:23:42 am
Reply #1

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

Re: Skalywag - B Team Raider Application
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:42 am »
I liked it. But the b-raid is not elite if that's what your seeking.
GL.
I'm sure hugman/yoica will be around on the forum before the raid so keep looking.

January 10, 2011, 12:50:59 am
Reply #2

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:50:59 am »
Hi there, My name is James Francis. I live in South Africa  :D No I don't have AIDS.

Pro.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

January 10, 2011, 01:18:07 am
Reply #3

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:18:07 am »
In a month or so I am buying a full new PC so I can play Crysis 2 with ULTRA HIGH GRAPHICS  :-* :-* :-*

thats the dream

January 10, 2011, 03:31:10 am
Reply #4

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 03:31:10 am »
Hi there, My name is James Francis. I live in South Africa  :D No I don't have AIDS.

Pro.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol HI JAMES tell ur brother hes a wanker
*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

January 10, 2011, 06:20:09 am
Reply #5

Offline Skalywag

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 06:20:09 am »
I just told him  :'( MORE SLEEP!
Thanx tronz. I chose B Raid team cause I might get a evening job(Waiter SUX!) and A team raids too often for me to be active enough but I can plan my work evenings around the B team raid nights

January 10, 2011, 07:11:49 am
Reply #6

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:11:49 am »
Wow, a South African that is not applying as a F&F of Footmunch. Haha. GL with app.
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

January 10, 2011, 10:20:10 am
Reply #7

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 10:20:10 am »
nice app,

Gayest pose EU on your armory!
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

January 10, 2011, 11:41:25 am
Reply #8

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 11:41:25 am »
Fix your enchants, you missing 4 that i can see.

emo? >3

January 10, 2011, 12:36:18 pm
Reply #9

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 12:36:18 pm »
I just told him  :'( MORE SLEEP!
Thanx tronz. I chose B Raid team cause I might get a evening job(Waiter SUX!) and A team raids too often for me to be active enough but I can plan my work evenings around the B team raid nights

The A-raid no longer raids 25m, at least until the next tier.  Fyi!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

January 10, 2011, 02:37:32 pm
Reply #10

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »
he didnt say anything about 10/25 .. he said days raiding :P

Nabbby nabby nab-kins!

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

January 10, 2011, 04:39:21 pm
Reply #11

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 04:39:21 pm »
he didnt say anything about 10/25 .. he said days raiding :P

Nabbby nabby nab-kins!

Nobody said he did.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

January 10, 2011, 04:41:35 pm
Reply #12

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 04:41:35 pm »
Ah your comment looks really out of the blue then :D

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

January 10, 2011, 04:43:52 pm
Reply #13

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 04:43:52 pm »
He brought up the A-raid, I just mentioned the recent change that wasn't on the forum yet.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

January 10, 2011, 04:45:45 pm
Reply #14

Kilizion

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 04:45:45 pm »

Hi there, My name is James Francis. I live in South Africa  :D No I don't have AIDS.

Blood Elf - Totally not gay!

So clearly you're gay and have aids, it all adds up. :D Good luck with your application, it's good, don't slack on gear though! B Raid is serious business, check out Yoica on armory, that's the level your gear should be at, he's the resident B Raid retribution paladin and the recruitment officer. :P

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:41:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

267 Guests, 0 Users