Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [Casual Raid] Mage (DPS) - Mexa [Declined]

December 26, 2011, 10:44:43 pm
Read 1934 times

Applicant

[Casual Raid] Mage (DPS) - Mexa [Declined]
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:44:43 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Mexa
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Dunemaul/Mexa/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Raid: Casual Raid

Personal Info:

My name is Karl Andrias, but my friends call me Kalli :p Im 18 years old currently in my first year of college. I live in the Faroe Islands, im pretty sure u have some faroese ppl in the guild :p

Spec:

My main spec is fire. I've always loved playing fire and I cant stand arcane. Its not because its boring or anything (I love the mastery changes that were implemented in cata) it just doesnt feel like a manly spec :p
My offspec is PVP frost, but atm i dont PVP. I stick with it cus i sometimes to BGs and i like world pvp.
Regarding the gear requirements; I nearly went head out when i saw the required ilvl was was close to 384, im currently at 372 PVE and 377 PVP

Class:

Well ive played a mage since i started in late vanilla, i didnt hit the lvl cap before TBC though, and when i hit it, i was hacked shortly after, so i stopped playing and started again right before WOTLK launched. There i started raiding right away. I killed everything on normal and a few things on HC. I managed to pug lich king right before cata though, its not a kill im proud of, but im glad i managed to kill him before the expansion.

As for my stat prio, its Int>Haste>Crit>Mastery.
the rotation is pretty simple. I usually start of with scorch, although i like it when other ppl bring the 5% crit buff :p Then I keep living bomb on the target at all times while filling with fireballs and hurling pyroblasts when they proc.
I try getting a combustion in pretty early in the fight. Usually u dont get more than 2-3, so i try arranging it so i get the last one when the boss is under 20% health.

Alts:

I've only leveled one alt in cata because of how bad i think the replay value of the new zones are. And I leveled him only using instances, so i cant talk to any quarter masters for gear :p Well the only thing i use him for is helping friends do HCs and getting bags from random HC dailies and sending them to my main. I have 2 lvl 80 though, 1 DK and 1 Shaman. I planned on leveling the shaman, but when i played him, i used to use the addon Clique which lets me bind spells to my mouse easily. But all those bidings are gone, and i cba binding them all again. U would understand if u saw my Action bar, it looks just hideous :p

Professions:

I have tailoring and engineering. They arent maxed out yet. The only prof thats maxed out so far is Archeology and i regret it the day i hit the cap.
I dont like the way they made grinds in Cata. The only real grinds there were in the beginning atleast were Archeology and those dailes at Tol Barad, and they were so mindless. After u hit 525/exalted, u have to keep grinding for the loots

Raid Experience:

i only killed a few bosses in TBC, they can proly be counted on one hand. Mainly because i got hacked before i got into raiding.
But since then i've killed everything on normal at appropriate times. Most of it atleast.
I didnt really start raiding before WOTLK. And i raided with a guild called Red Sun Rising up till ToC when the guild split. I then bacame a pug whore. I arranged pugs with IRL friends. We were about 5 IRL friends and some ingame friends who manned the core of the raid, and then we pugged the rest.

In cata i held a break after hitting level 85 and getting exalted with some dungeons.
i started again some time after the firelands patch came. I then pugged the old raids and got enough gear. Then I joined Red Sun Rising again.
We cleared the firelands on normal 10 man and formed a 25 man team after. We then cleared it on 25man.
Then when Dragon soul launched the guild split up again. The raid leader left with alot of other ppl and created his own guild.

This is the only log i could find, its pretty old. Sometime in the firelands

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/de0d6mllnjqfdmgb/details/24/?s=959&e=1346

Previous Guilds:

Well, i think it got explained prett well in the above question, but i can sum it up. I joined Red Sun Rising in the start of WOTLK, cleared everything up to ToC when the guild disbanded and i became a pug whore. Untill firelands when i rejoined the guild and cleared firelands to see the guild disband again.
One of the sad things about it is that im halfway through revered :p Im proly gonna buy what i can before leaving it :D

Availability:

Your times fit me perfectly and i usually dont have anything unexpected coming up. But its called unexpected for a reason, right ? :p

I most likely wont even have exams this year either.

Communication:

My english is fine. I dont have TS3 atm but i got ventrilo. Speaking is no problem.
In the firelands, i steered the legs on Lord Ryolith.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is new and my internet is good :p I play on highest settings and my World ping is around 50-80ms.

Addons/UI:

I use Bartender for easier keybinding. I also use recount, omen and grid. I use grid for neater raid frames. And i use that chat fram addon which name i dont remember.

Other Games:

I play MW3 *put on flame secure west* And HoN, the Matchmaking rating just got changed in the game, so atm im at 1680 rating which is the same as 17something in the old scale :p I i got my brother a Dota 2 beta key for christmas. He plays it more than me :p

And i play Skyrim alot and love it :D

Why Iron Edge?

You seem like great guys and i heard u play other games than wow together :p

I also want to get to raid more seriously :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a good player and a good personality. Im always prepared for raids and im dedicated.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Well, i've been playing on dunemaul for most all my time of wow, so its hard not to know about you :p

Last Words?

These are always clic?s, i'll see if i can come up with something original.

thanks for taking the time to read my application

close enough

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:39:56 am by Yoica »

December 27, 2011, 03:09:58 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: [Casual Raid] Mage (DPS) - Mexa
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:09:58 am »
I raided a few times with Mexa back at the start of WotLK, seemed like a nice guy. :)

Good luck with the application!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 27, 2011, 01:51:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Zeref

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:51:27 pm »
ur gear needs upgraded alot having t11 raid tier items now its rly outdated with all the new hcs,ur missing the haste cap ur geming is a bit off to,progress in DS only first boss normal. well i guess gl with ur apply
I had no reason to come to this age. I'm not an ally to anyone. I'm not an enemy to anyone. But still, if an age is about to end right now... I might awaken once again

December 27, 2011, 03:58:41 pm
Reply #3

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »
Hi there and thanks for applying. I'm afraid we are full on mages in casual raid, 4 very active ones. Good luck in findin a guild!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:30:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

278 Guests, 1 User
kodin