Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Demon's Souls

August 06, 2010, 01:18:45 pm
Read 3149 times

Offline treachery

• Former Member

Demon's Souls
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:18:45 pm »
I just finished this game and...wow! It is great.

Everyone with a PS3 should pick it up.

Its a dark action RPG with zelda style combat (lock target, roll, sidestep, block, combos, etc). However there are alot more abilities/spells than in Zelda.

The game is extremely unforgiving. Remember when you reached a boss back in the days and if you died you'd have to start the level all over? Yup, that's how Demon's Souls work. And yes, you lose all your souls if you die, which is the games currency. Souls are used to buy stuff and level your character. The only way to get it back is to get back to your dead body. With a fully respawned level. If you die again before reaching it everything will be gone. This will happen. Alot.

There are no maps. There are no arrows telling you where to go. If you kill an NPC it is gone. Too bad if it was the repair guy.

That being said, it's not that bad. Just unforgiving. It rewards cautious play. You cant just run in to a group of enemies with a twohander and press square button for insta-gibs. This will get you killed. You can get one shotted behind EVERY corner. So play accordingly and you will be fine. Well, you will still die alot. But you will progress. It is very rewarding when you do beat those boss demons at the end of every level.

I have already started a New Game + (play again with same char, harder mobs more xp, etc). I will try out some online gaming this time. PVP seems pretty cool. There is also alot of extra stuff I missed out on in my first playthrough.

TRY IT OUT! And let me know if you have the EU version so I can invade your game :)

August 06, 2010, 01:23:14 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Demon's Souls
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:23:14 pm »
I had enough hard gaming back in the NES days :P
Now I run a tech website.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:34:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

243 Guests, 0 Users