Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Cleanlock

January 30, 2020, 11:52:30 pm
Read 2883 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Cleanlock
« on: January 30, 2020, 11:52:30 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Cleanlock
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Cleanlock
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hi,

my name is Leif, I'm 23 years old and I'm living in Germany (yes I'm german :D). I currently work as an IT engineer (full-time // 8am til 4pm), so I'll be always free on mondays and thursdays for the main raid.

Class/Spec:

Havoc since I'm not a big fan of tanking. It's kinda boring.

Currently 451 iLvl.

Crit > Versa > Haste > Mastery.

Rotation is pretty easy. Keep Eye Beam on cooldown, same for Blade Dance.

Alts:

120 Restoration Druid (~2.7k Raider.io Score in Season 3, 2.4k Raider.io Score in Season 2)

Professions:

Leatherworking / Engineering. No special recipes.

Raiding Experience:

Cleared 7/8 HC EP in the first week. I went inactive after 2 weeks, and also left the guild. In mid season 3 I came back, and focussed on Mythic+ since I love Mythic+. Raiding is also nice, but I prefer Mythic+ overall.

Previous Guilds:

None I could talk about tbh. The guilds I was in weren't any top guilds or something. As mentioned above, I left my guild because I went inactive.

Availability:

Most likely from 5pm til open end. Depends if I have homeoffice the next day or not.

Communication:

I speak fluent English, I got TeamSpeak3 - and yes, I can listen and ofcourse got a microphone which is necessary since I'm a streamer.

Computer / Connection:

I got no FPS issues at all.

I got 250Mbit/s Down/40k Mbit/s Up and always around 10-15ms on kazzak. I disconnect very rarely.

Addons/UI:

Angry Keystones
BigWigs / LittleWigs (yes I prefer BigWigs over DBM.)
Details!
Method Dungeon Tools
OPie
Premade Groups Filter
Raider.io
TrufiGCD (for my stream to show my recent used spells)
WeakAuras 2
ElvUI

I guess it's pretty much self explanatory for which purposes I use these addons.

Screenshot: https://cleanlock.pro/i/l8q1x.jpg

Other Games:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Why Iron Edge?

I want to be part of a guild which has good players with which I can play M+ and raid.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I bring a good working brain, I learn pretty fast. Also not standing in stuff on the ground, always prefer playing mechanics over DPS etc.

Only problem: I'm a lil slacker when it comes to my neck level, but if some people want to farm neck level, I'll be down for that for sure. I need some people to do this to get motivation :v

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Megafunny told me about the guild and actually sent me the link to this page.

Last Words?

I just hope that you actually need a Demon Hunter for the raid and that I convinced you with my application.

Thank you very much for reading :)

January 31, 2020, 12:03:50 am
Reply #1

Megafunny

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Cleanlock
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 12:03:50 am »
I vouch for this lock(dh)

January 31, 2020, 12:27:21 am
Reply #2

Offline cleanlock

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 12:27:21 am »
Thanks @Megafunny <3

I noticed that I didn't really provide any further information about myself, so I'd like to add some more information now.

First of all I want to thank you for reading my application, and I hope that you read this post too before you come to a conclusion.  :)

So as I said, I'm an IT engineer (full-time). In my Job, I basically debug programs and improve them. I put a lot of time into World of Warcraft (my girlfriend says it's not healthy, and I always reply to her that my Raider.io score is still too low :D). Whenever I don't play World of Warcraft, I most likely do something with my girlfriend, such as watching a movie at the cinema or at home, cook with her or do some activities outside.

I also code/script stuff privately in JavaScript/Node.js, PHP, Bash (Linux shell) etc. I also create websites with HTML/CSS5 sometimes when I'm bored and want to be productive.

Okay, I want to go a bit back to World of Warcraft for now.

Around 13 years ago I started playing World of Warcraft . Yes, I know - I've been only 10 y/o back then. But damn, I just love this game, and I can't quit it. I've had a lot of breaks in the past years, but I've always come back. This game just catches me everytime again. And this season I want to get at least 3.4k Raider.io score. This is my goal for this season. And I also want to raid mythic. I want to have fun with other people, all the years I never really had any friends I could play with. I had to play pugs everytime, which is kinda sad if you think about it. Since last season, I finally got some buddies with which I was able to play - and I made it til 2.9k Raider.io score. I was so proud that I've actually came so far and now I know that I can even reach more.

In December last year I decided to transfer to Kazzak, to find a guild and be interactive with international people. I just love to communicate in English.

I'm an honest person by the way. If I don't like something, I'll tell you that. I hope you don't have a problem with that. And ofcourse I always try to help others whenever they need help. :)

Alright, I'll stop for now. If you have any questions, let me know. :)

Thanks again for reading!

Best regards,
Leif (Cleanlock)

(Oh, and for those who are wondering why my name is "Cleanlock", I got it from CS:GO. There's a famous video on youtube, go ahead and check it out :P)

January 31, 2020, 09:35:16 pm
Reply #3

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 09:35:16 pm »
Hey Leif,
Thanks for applying and showing an interest in Iron Edge. As with the other applications we have recently received, I will spend the weekend reviewing and seeing what we can do.
In the mean time, feel free to answer any questions our brethren may have for you starting with this one:

How long have you known Megafunny?

I very much look forward to your response :)

- Shimmar

January 31, 2020, 09:40:27 pm
Reply #4

Offline cleanlock

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 09:40:27 pm »
Hi Shimmar,

Thanks for taking time to process my and the other applications! :)

I know Megafunny for about a week now.

Best regards,
Leif (Cleanlock)

February 02, 2020, 06:47:49 pm
Reply #5

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 06:47:49 pm »
Hey Cleanlock,
Thanks for your prompt responses and bearing with me. Unfortunately I don't think we can offer a spot in the main raid for you as it stands.
You're welcome to join the guild as a social with the possibility for another review further down the line if that interests you. If not then thanks for your time and good luck on the search :)

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:19:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

132 Guests, 0 Users