Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Re-rolling pally

September 24, 2006, 02:30:47 pm
Read 10831 times

legintown

Re-rolling pally
« on: September 24, 2006, 02:30:47 pm »
I know this topic has already been made in the paladin section, but no1 has really stated if they want to reroll pally and give up their current main for it. I think we should make sure that we know who is going to reroll, so that we dont have to "waste" any more loot on their mains...
For starters, I'm ready to reroll BE pally, since i think i'm one the shamans who has the "worst" gear in the guild.

For people rerolling pally, i think it is only fair that for giving up their main whom they have spent so much time on, that they are given full tier2 set for free. For rings, necks and trinkies, I dont know if anything should be given, but people should maybe consider that pallys have started all the way from the bottom, and be nice by letting them have some of the better ones from MC/BWL.

So, whats your oppinion, and who would like to reroll..??

September 24, 2006, 03:32:19 pm
Reply #1

Offline Mutley

• Vendor Trash

Re: Re-rolling pally
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 03:32:19 pm »
I'm debating re-rolling as a loladin, as i'm rapidly losing faith in Blizzards treatment of us hunters.

when i'm back in England next week i'll be rolling a Pally on another server to try them out and see if i'll actually enjoy the class, and i'll go from there.

September 24, 2006, 04:53:45 pm
Reply #2

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 04:53:45 pm »
For starters, I'm ready to reroll BE pally, since i think i'm one the shamans who has the "worst" gear in the guild.

For people rerolling pally, i think it is only fair that for giving up their main whom they have spent so much time on, that they are given full tier2 set for free.
So, whats your oppinion, and who would like to reroll..??

... I/Sapa trialed you as a shaman. Stating that you will reroll and want tier2 for free... is like *sich*.
You havent even finished your trial :D
Secondly, what made you think we will be doing BWL when expansion comes? And why would it be fair to give them stuff free?

Kind Regards
Cwave

September 24, 2006, 05:07:26 pm
Reply #3

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 05:07:26 pm »
What you have to see aswell is that we trialled your shaman, not your BE paladin... And I don't see why we should give you anything at all for free.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 24, 2006, 05:14:47 pm
Reply #4

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 05:14:47 pm »
Nothing is free in life. We're definatly not gonna cater the rerollers.
Trolls are awesome!

September 24, 2006, 07:53:46 pm
Reply #5

legintown

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 07:53:46 pm »
I just think that if ppl have to get dkp for all their gear from the very bottom again, I don't think that many people are interested in making a pally. You have to think about the fact that ppl rerolling are giving up 1-2 years of work...
Tbh i'd hate to give up my shaman because i really love playing this class, but we do need pallys when BC comes out, and imo it would be better for people already in the guild rerolling, rather than inviting new members we dont know.

September 24, 2006, 08:21:21 pm
Reply #6

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 08:21:21 pm »
I'm leaving my main behind and rolling paladin =)

September 24, 2006, 08:24:30 pm
Reply #7

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 08:24:30 pm »
Oh, we're not gonna have any shortage of paladins when the BC comes out...
Trolls are awesome!

September 24, 2006, 09:35:18 pm
Reply #8

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 09:35:18 pm »
No, this is really a silly matter, because I know that most of those that want a paladin won't get past 30...
We'll wait and see...
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 24, 2006, 09:46:29 pm
Reply #9

legintown

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 09:46:29 pm »
Yeah you might be right Nach, the first 30 lvl's are fast, but then comes the down period hehe

September 25, 2006, 04:42:31 pm
Reply #10

crazylock

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 04:42:31 pm »
I'm sorry to say this Legintown, but you don't seem to know much about itemisation for a paladin in the game, for starters, Tier two's a "Hybrid" set based on average healing, average damage, average mitigation and average spell damage, for a real holy paladin (Or even a tank if that's what blizzard's planning on), nearly every piece can be beaten by random blues from 5man instances currently ingame, even most tier 1 beats tier 2 for healing.

And you being the "Worst" geared shaman, as far as I understand, most tier 1 beats tier 2 for healing, and you also have the mace from aq40 rep, how can you be the worst geared...?

so please, research more about itemisation for a paladin before you consider to reroll one, my two cents.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 04:45:02 pm by crazylock »

September 25, 2006, 06:09:54 pm
Reply #11

legintown

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 06:09:54 pm »
Tbh I dont know much about pally items, it was just to set some sort of standard that I mentioned T2. Keep in mind that this is only a suggestion :-) However, after discussing this matter with some of the guild members, it seems that the stuff you get from the new 5 man instances will be better than average BWL gear, thus making the T2 set kinda useless anyway. But anyhow, would be nice to know if any1 would like to go 70 with a pally, because I think its better to have 1 or 2 lvl 70 pallys ready for the 25 man instances, rather than wait for others to lvl them up,  since they are most certainly made so that you need to bring pallys.
Thx for complementing my gear crazy :-D

October 05, 2006, 11:02:53 am
Reply #12

drameus

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 11:02:53 am »
well i have a 55 level paladin and on Ragnaros I knew alot of top paladins with the best gear beofre AQ40 and NAxx tier sets - and basically a top spec is 32/0/19 build - geeting top healing and good dps down - protection tree is also good like a good off tank -

But paladins I got bored with, thats why  rolled a mage, then i got bored with mages that why I rolled a lock - for me lock is the only and top character, I did roll a priest for PVE purposes maybe that was a mistake - but I am a imba healer so - its a reserve tool

I would say dont play a class thinking u goona do tis or that until u actually played it for a while is a mistake - u never know if u goona actually like it.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:07:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

96 Guests, 2 Users
Gaeios(Graxlos), Oni