Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Spore

September 08, 2008, 08:31:57 am
Reply #45

Offline Lotinja

• Former Member

• I are Tabdot

Re: Spore
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 08:31:57 am »
ya my buddy said it would be impossible to do something non-cute as its a maxis game! But i hope i did fairly well!
All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.

Because, all grass withers, and the flower falls away

September 09, 2008, 12:30:31 pm
Reply #46

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 12:30:31 pm »
LOL!

What a piece of badly-designed casual shit this game is... Unbelieveable.

Played it the whole evening up into 30 mins of the 5th, final phase.

Phase 1: OK, this is a simple flOw clone. At least it has nice graphics and funny cute sounds. Nice introduction phase.

Phase 2: Creature designer is awesome. Phase 2 gameplay is okay-ish but boring due to constant repetition.

Phase 3: Worst pile of dung I have played in a long long time. Imagine 3 students coding their own Age of Empires clone. Just way way worse. Everything about this phase is shit. The controls, the design, the balancing, the user interface. Fighting other tribes is mostly luck/randomness due to lack of minimanagement control. Befriending them however took 8 seconds, just wait till the "I like you"-bar is complete. Optionally, do the awesome press-the-correct-instrument-button to speed up the process even more.

Phase 4: Conquering opponent cities. This whole phase took me maybe 15 minutes to complete, it's that trivial. There's no enemy AI. Just build vehicles, send them to siege the cities, wait. Rinse and repeat.

Phase 5: Finally some missions are introduced. Flying around in my Goza spaceship. Kinda funny. Shit interface. To fill in missions, they really expect me to manually fly back to the star system & planet where I initially took it? Yeah great... ::)

All the designers in the game are great: The creature designer, the vehicle designer, the building designer. They are intuitive to use, give huge options, results are great. The guy who coded those deserves a double promotion.
Too bad almost everything about them is eye-candy. OK, so I can design every building and vehicle in phase 4. Too bad that phase is over in 15 minutes. Guess they show up again in phase 5, haven't really paid attention and honestly I don't care much.

Whoever came up with the gameplay however should be shot to the moon. Unbelievable as it is, that's prob Will Wright. What-the-fuck...

very brutal review!

I've been playing it for quite a few hours and the creator creators for things are quite fun. ships/boats/cars/animals etc etc but are quite limited in the amount of parts you can have.

I played it on hard to start and its still not a huge challenge, I havent played to the space stage yet as i've been treating it like B&W which lots of people just played the 4 levels and didnt quite get the point of it.

It is awefully simple and i am not sure if the space age when the game is meant to really start will increase the interest. its been fun for sure but how long that lasts I am not sure as i have two planets on the go at the same time.

I dont think it lives up to the hype at all. the creator technology is very easy to use but the first 4 phases are very short. Making friends was far from easy for my race as they were pure military but blowin the crap out of them wasnt that hard (even on hard).

I totally lack the ability to create awesome designs like some you can see online but its nice having such a vast pool to play in.

Summary:

The game is cute and easy to play and good fun but each phase is dreadfully short. and I mean DREADFULLY. it totally lacks any depth i expected from each phase or freedom to grow. Worth getting to pass some time but lastability I really dont know. I gotta get into space i guess but i cant see how the depth will get better.

I guess to really sum it up it could have been a brilliant game but its been dumbed down SO hard and i think thats why goza hates it because its truely quite offensive at how pathetic the phases are. I'm 100% sure ill finish this miltary race. then try my herbivore race. then leave it on the shelf. Oh and the evolution is dumbed down as well HARD. its completely decided on if you eat meat or eat veggies. thats how simple it is.

September 09, 2008, 10:11:51 pm
Reply #47

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 10:11:51 pm »
My Penis house got banned from the network =(

But it did mean I got the "Bad Boy" Achievement! (Get one of your creations banned)

I have no idea why they are rewarding you with an achievement by going against their ToS but hey - nevermind.

On another note - I quite enjoy it.

I guess since many people were expecting it to be a hardcore creature evolution sim, lots have been dissapointed, however if you just look at it as a random piece of fun to eradicate other people's creations off the face of the universe every now and again, it's pretty fun.

And the space game is much bigger than the rest of the game Payu

September 10, 2008, 10:36:34 pm
Reply #48

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2008, 10:36:34 pm »

Took me 10 minutes to make the body-builder.. Pretty poor that one, but I will improve it!

September 10, 2008, 11:59:31 pm
Reply #49

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 11:59:31 pm »
haha nice

Also whats your ingame name so I can track you?

Mines obviously Meeckah.

September 11, 2008, 05:05:11 am
Reply #50

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 05:05:11 am »
And mines obviously Grilldyret? :P
Playing the space-phase at the moment, but the GROX EMPIRE keeps crushing my cities! Mean GROX guys!

September 12, 2008, 09:55:47 pm
Reply #51

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2008, 09:55:47 pm »
Made this last night

and my second penis hasn't been banned yet

September 12, 2008, 10:18:07 pm
Reply #52

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:07 pm »
Awesome red dwarf ship :D (starbug?)
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 12, 2008, 10:19:37 pm
Reply #53

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2008, 10:19:37 pm »
I tracked your creations, and I hardly found one that wasn't tits or penis-oriented.. :P

September 13, 2008, 02:21:22 am
Reply #54

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2008, 02:21:22 am »
Awesome red dwarf ship :D (starbug?)

Yeah it's starbug =)

@ Grilly - Haha - Just seeing if it's possible to get banned haha.

September 13, 2008, 03:40:32 am
Reply #55

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2008, 03:40:32 am »
just add tags to your creatures like "penis" and "fuck", and you'll be banned in no time;)

October 13, 2008, 12:28:30 pm
Reply #56

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2008, 12:28:30 pm »
"EA has unveiled the very first expansion pack for Spore, called the Creepy & Cute Parts Pack.

The game appears on the US EA Store, carrying a date of 18th November and price of USD 20."

Lol, it begins! The game has been out for...uh... one month?
5 new beaks and 3 new eyes are totally worth 20 dollar!

October 13, 2008, 07:08:32 pm
Reply #57

Offline Otori

• Forum Member

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2008, 07:08:32 pm »
For the extra fun 45 min ingame!
Holy Priest.... Shadow Priest..... Disc Priest of Iron Edge

Whats your game?

October 13, 2008, 10:56:05 pm
Reply #58

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2008, 10:56:05 pm »
Spore, while fine for a creation toy, is a total let down as a game overall. Deffo won't be getting the expansion pack(s) for it.

Fable should be of a higher standard I expect though. I hope, at least. If it's as good as fable 1 I'll be happy, if it's worse I'll be disappointed.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:04:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

296 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv