Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia III - World War III

October 10, 2011, 10:45:14 am
Reply #900

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Mafia III - World War III
« Reply #900 on: October 10, 2011, 10:45:14 am »
Wasnt really that relevant to kill him early, since he didnt have his skills or votes.

But I agree that it was weird people didnt discuss it.

Bears like alts!

October 10, 2011, 10:47:49 am
Reply #901

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #901 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:49 am »
Wasnt really that relevant to kill him early, since he didnt have his skills or votes.

But I agree that it was weird people didnt discuss it.

101 things that people did wrong in this mafia. I'm just listing a few because I had a shitty night sleep and can't think.

Nuking cwave was stupid. Sure he was nuke happy but people claiming he was the failed state. Really? Why would palmar give the failed state so many nukes seeing as they need to nuke to win? It's stupid conclusions like that. Or him being a red. Again, why would palmar give the reds so many nukes?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:50:19 am by Douchebag »

October 10, 2011, 10:50:11 am
Reply #902

Offline Goza

« Reply #902 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50:11 am »
IMO the game setup looks a bit favoured to red. China seems OP with the ability to convert a green into a red, that's quite a wtf ability. While town has a lot of strange abilities, a lot of which I don't see how they are of much help.

October 10, 2011, 10:53:00 am
Reply #903

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #903 on: October 10, 2011, 10:53:00 am »
IMO the game setup looks a bit favoured to red. China seems OP with the ability to convert a green into a red, that's quite a wtf ability. While town has a lot of strange abilities, a lot of which I don't see how they are of much help.

I agree with some points there, but the town did drop the ball. Cwave was the best nation to be kept alive

October 10, 2011, 10:55:26 am
Reply #904

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #904 on: October 10, 2011, 10:55:26 am »
Well I was quite scared about the invasion ability. If people had used a slight bit of logic then what country would be able to invade the US?
I think the skill was cool if the countries were secret, then people wouldnt know who was the US and then people wouldnt know what player had done it.
My reasoning for picking tyler was that he hadnt announced his country yet, so people wouldnt know who had been invaded. Sadly Tyler announced it during the invasion and then I thought all was lost.

But we were saved by sleeping townies.

Bears like alts!

October 10, 2011, 10:56:04 am
Reply #905

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #905 on: October 10, 2011, 10:56:04 am »
The invasion was mostly just like one perma-vote/roleblock.

Bears like alts!

October 10, 2011, 11:08:20 am
Reply #906

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #906 on: October 10, 2011, 11:08:20 am »
You realise of course Douche that if we'd left Cwave alive for 1 more day he would have launched 2 nukes - probably provoking other people to launch nukes - and we would have reached total nuclear fallout and the failed state would have won. We were only 2 nukes away..

October 10, 2011, 11:10:13 am
Reply #907

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #907 on: October 10, 2011, 11:10:13 am »
Yup we got quite close, I had two nukes and starbrow had one too. We could easily have caused the holocaust.

Bears like alts!

October 10, 2011, 11:14:13 am
Reply #908

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #908 on: October 10, 2011, 11:14:13 am »
You realise of course Douche that if we'd left Cwave alive for 1 more day he would have launched 2 nukes - probably provoking other people to launch nukes - and we would have reached total nuclear fallout and the failed state would have won. We were only 2 nukes away..

Failed state had no nukes, why would the mafia of wanted the failed state to win.

October 10, 2011, 11:20:44 am
Reply #909

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #909 on: October 10, 2011, 11:20:44 am »
Its all nice to comment when you stand on the side-line, its another thing to actually play the game yourself.

So much was unclear, yet that only ment it was fun to play. I agree with you that the town made many mistakes. Not informing about Tyler and the invasion for once was a mistake. I only went after TTaM the last 2 days or so tho, since i was sure he and Starbrow were the remaining reds, shame it was Graxlos. TTaM has his own ability to make him look red from the very first post he makes, nothing ya can do about that.

Like Yoica my verbal/written communications have never been my strongest assest. But well...

Oh and Starbrow:
Thanks for the game everyone! I'd like to applaud Kendoki for becoming very suspicious of me in the end, I think you were the only one I considered a real threat to my conspiring :P
I sense sarcasm!  :(
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

October 10, 2011, 11:22:59 am
Reply #910

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #910 on: October 10, 2011, 11:22:59 am »
No it was a completley different game when you had chat-logs on irc and TS to discuss the game. This time all you had was the thread itself. and towards the end the town didn't even bother posting. it was quiet for the last 3 days

October 10, 2011, 11:25:32 am
Reply #911

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #911 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:32 am »
You didnt actually read my post before you responded did you?

October 10, 2011, 11:47:54 am
Reply #912

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #912 on: October 10, 2011, 11:47:54 am »
I would have rather have nuclear holocaust then the docile game we played here, even more after i got murdered :(

Some people just didnt post enough and weren't contributing.
Combine this with a bit messy, very themed game and the game just looses oversight.

And if you give me unlimited nukes, i will launch :)
Which i loved about this game!

October 10, 2011, 12:21:27 pm
Reply #913

Offline Palmar

« Reply #913 on: October 10, 2011, 12:21:27 pm »

thing is though, mafia only commanded 1kp (when normally they have 2). There were other things at work, and mafia got lucky quite often.

Also, town mislynched like 5 times or something, that should always end up in a loss.
Trolls are awesome!

October 10, 2011, 12:25:56 pm
Reply #914

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #914 on: October 10, 2011, 12:25:56 pm »

Also, town mislynched like 5 times or something, that should always end up in a loss.

Exactly. Town failed. Hard.

I would have rather have nuclear holocaust then the docile game we played here, even more after i got murdered :(

Some people just didnt post enough and weren't contributing.
Combine this with a bit messy, very themed game and the game just looses oversight.

And if you give me unlimited nukes, i will launch :)
Which i loved about this game!

Yup, Cwave made the game interesting and gripping. it descended into shit. The Town gave up halfway through.

You didnt actually read my post before you responded did you?

Your post contained nothing worth mentioning. You just went on about Cwave causing holocaust.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:54:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

319 Guests, 0 Users