Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia III - World War III

October 10, 2011, 12:29:31 pm
Reply #915

Offline Palmar

Re: Mafia III - World War III
« Reply #915 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:31 pm »
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147475

If anyone actually wants to improve, read this guide by checksix-veritus (he's a semi-pro sc2 player too :P).

some general points.

Town needs to force discussion. Take something small, and repeatedly poke people with it. But remember that your initial prod might be wrong, just examine how the rest of town reacts to it.

Another way is to create a "plan", just post a big post with the direction the town should be going in. Even if the plan is terrible it creates discussion. You guys roleplayed like retards on day 1 instead of actually doing something.

Someone complained about having little information to go by on day 1. Well then it's your job to CREATE information. This game isn't about hoping mafia will slip up on voting patterns, it's about actually finding the mindset behind votes. It's hard to explain it, but once you get it you'll understand what I mean.

The main issue is just pure effort, or the lack of it.
Trolls are awesome!

October 10, 2011, 12:31:12 pm
Reply #916

Offline Palmar

« Reply #916 on: October 10, 2011, 12:31:12 pm »
IMO the game setup looks a bit favoured to red. China seems OP with the ability to convert a green into a red, that's quite a wtf ability. While town has a lot of strange abilities, a lot of which I don't see how they are of much help.

Also, town mislynched like 5 times or something, that should always end up in a loss.

Exactly. Town failed. Hard.

Don't expect people liking you talking shit when you have nothing to back it up with :P
Trolls are awesome!

October 10, 2011, 12:42:01 pm
Reply #917

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #917 on: October 10, 2011, 12:42:01 pm »
Yeh, its quite clear that you didnt read my post. Its quite an important fact that if Cwave had launched 2 nukes then the game would have been over, killing him was the right thing to do.

I also didnt see anyone giving up, we just didnt have much to go on.

If you followed the game right from the start, and supposedly called lots of stuff that happened then why didnt you play?

You're just chatting shit..

October 10, 2011, 12:45:24 pm
Reply #918

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #918 on: October 10, 2011, 12:45:24 pm »
Keep talking out your ass Sint. Cwave was a green. you really think he would have caused the game to end?

October 10, 2011, 12:50:03 pm
Reply #919

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #919 on: October 10, 2011, 12:50:03 pm »
Err, yes? he said so himself a few posts ago? Learn to read?

2 more nukes and the game was over. We didnt kno how many it would take. Cwave would have launched. GG

October 10, 2011, 12:52:21 pm
Reply #920

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2011, 12:52:21 pm »
Err, yes? he said so himself a few posts ago? Learn to read?

2 more nukes and the game was over. We didnt kno how many it would take. Cwave would have launched. GG

Cwave said he would have launched more if he knew that the game was going to turn into the boring shit fest. Not that he would do it if he was still playing.

LEARN 2 READ LOLO?

October 10, 2011, 12:54:55 pm
Reply #921

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #921 on: October 10, 2011, 12:54:55 pm »

And if you give me unlimited nukes, i will launch :)
Which i loved about this game!

Derp much?

October 10, 2011, 12:55:35 pm
Reply #922

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #922 on: October 10, 2011, 12:55:35 pm »

And if you give me unlimited nukes, i will launch :)
Which i loved about this game!

Derp much?

Wow you completley left the rest of the post out.

I'm pretty sure you have downs.

Also Palmar, you need more aggresive townies next time. Not ones that sit back. Kawe is a great example as a townie

October 10, 2011, 01:00:33 pm
Reply #923

Offline Sintrael

• Guild Member

« Reply #923 on: October 10, 2011, 01:00:33 pm »
Sigh, you really dont get it do you? You are like talking to a brick wall. Let me spell it out to you again seeings as its seemingly too hard for you to compute.

Regardless of what he said about game being boring etc. If Cwave was left alive, he would have nuked. Ending the game. He supported this with the quote i just made, there is no question that he would have done it.

Kawe didnt want to play cos he cant play this game without doing it uber seriously, he spent a silly amount of time on the last game.

And the townies were mostly fine anyway, too much shit going on.

Saying all of this shit now doesn't actually reflect on the game you realise considering ur reading it from an outside perspective after the game is finished.

October 10, 2011, 01:03:07 pm
Reply #924

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #924 on: October 10, 2011, 01:03:07 pm »
Sigh, you really dont get it do you? You are like talking to a brick wall. Let me spell it out to you again seeings as its seemingly too hard for you to compute.

Regardless of what he said about game being boring etc. If Cwave was left alive, he would have nuked. Ending the game. He supported this with the quote i just made, there is no question that he would have done it.

Kawe didnt want to play cos he cant play this game without doing it uber seriously, he spent a silly amount of time on the last game.

And the townies were mostly fine anyway, too much shit going on.

Saying all of this shit now doesn't actually reflect on the game you realise considering ur reading it from an outside perspective after the game is finished.

I forgot you were physcic and you just knew that he would nuke non-stop. Sorry I doubted your powers of the mystic ass.

I'm aware kawe didn't play it was an example.

Brick wall. Okay sint. Whatever you say. Townies weren't fine they didn't focus.

October 10, 2011, 01:09:56 pm
Reply #925

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #925 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:56 pm »
When Cwave died, wasn't the town population below 12 anyway?  Meant he couldn't fire another nuke (I think.)

The whole reason I launched on him was because I thought he was the best town going.  Sadly he died shortly afterwards anyway :\

TTaM has his own ability to make him look red from the very first post he makes, nothing ya can do about that.

Gotta play the player, not the game.  You know how I play by now, think about that instead of "oh, he did this, that means he's a red because that's how others play."

And Douche, everyone you told me was "red" during the game was wrong.  Just saying.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

October 10, 2011, 01:11:48 pm
Reply #926

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #926 on: October 10, 2011, 01:11:48 pm »
I actually only ever said it was Sint. Just because the way he posted was stupid.

October 10, 2011, 01:13:52 pm
Reply #927

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #927 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:52 pm »
Yup we got quite close, I had two nukes and starbrow had one too. We could easily have caused the holocaust.

Nope, I had no nukes.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

October 10, 2011, 02:28:15 pm
Reply #928

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #928 on: October 10, 2011, 02:28:15 pm »
I think we have a new contester for the next games, lets see Master Douche at the mafia table and let us be intrigued by is azaing skills apparently.

either you play or you stop talking that much bullshit Douche, sevi?
yes the town played bad, end of story, but dont keep up the bullshit talk, its hurting everyones eyes and ears
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

October 10, 2011, 02:31:38 pm
Reply #929

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #929 on: October 10, 2011, 02:31:38 pm »
All hail to the Shiftey the Madman! This game was indeed weird. And if I actually looked at it from a green point of view, I'd suspect everyone, except the actual mafia guys.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:08:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

335 Guests, 0 Users