Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Dragon Age Origins

November 08, 2009, 01:30:56 pm
Reply #30

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

Re: Dragon Age Origins
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 01:30:56 pm »
Not been to a mountain temple yet, but did the forest area, which was very very cool. Also had some big reveals. In a city that has its own travel map and stuff going on!

Loving that fights often offer a real challenge; reminds me a lot of some of Strategy RPGs like Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics, but also with a bit of a small-scale RTS feel to it too a bit like the DS game FF12 Revenant Wings.

November 08, 2009, 10:24:00 pm
Reply #31

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
I'm last hitting those darkspawns like a pro.

200+apm
Trolls are awesome!

November 09, 2009, 10:25:14 am
Reply #32

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 10:25:14 am »
Hopefully it'll play better than it looks in their onsite-videos.

(I'm so awesome, I'm quoting myself)
Yeah, way hotter than the lowres shit their PR guys released beforehand. Whoever made those videos should be fired ASAP.

A bit too much talking in some sections for my taste. More dialogues involving several characters please instead of those 30 minute monologues where some guy talks and talks and talks.

Also, some quests are confusing as they apparently get solved during random encounters while travelling on the world map.

I hate the economy system. Wtf stores selling stuff for 22g when my whole party has 4g. Is there some secret way to make money? Crafting? Stores selling for 3x the amount they buy items for - hello, this isn't some MMO that needs a goldsink to counter monster grinding :/
"In exchange for this bag (7g), I'll give you 20 swords, 40 armor items, 2 bars of gold and those 20 gems". Yeah, awesome...

Combat seems to have too much random factor now and then. Not unusual to get instagibbed by some uberspell while having no problems at all during the next try. Works the same with your own spells (fireball lol). Feels a bit like pre-resilience pvp.

November 09, 2009, 10:29:33 am
Reply #33

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 10:29:33 am »
Oh, and the quests themselves feel very linear. I haven't come across many quests that offer multiple ways of solving (actually only one single mini-encounter comes to mind). That's pretty lame.

Same with the dialogue options. Most of the time, they don't seem to have much influence. I'm feeling played for a sucker when there are 5 choices but 3 or 4 of them lead to exactly the same line.

November 09, 2009, 03:21:38 pm
Reply #34

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 03:21:38 pm »
I hate the economy system. Wtf stores selling stuff for 22g when my whole party has 4g. Is there some secret way to make money? Crafting? Stores selling for 3x the amount they buy items for - hello, this isn't some MMO that needs a goldsink to counter monster grinding :/
"In exchange for this bag (7g), I'll give you 20 swords, 40 armor items, 2 bars of gold and those 20 gems". Yeah, awesome...

As you level up, the gold income becomes greater.  Douche was telling me he'd bought that 138g staff in the tower yesterday, I was like WTF!.

Combat seems to have too much random factor now and then. Not unusual to get instagibbed by some uberspell while having no problems at all during the next try. Works the same with your own spells (fireball lol). Feels a bit like pre-resilience pvp.

I've not encountered any mob that has aoe-splatted me yet.  I'm only playing on normal, though.  All these encounters like revenants and ogres and so on just die fairly easily to good tactics...
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 09, 2009, 03:29:40 pm
Reply #35

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 03:29:40 pm »
Playing on normal, too. I learnt that LOS-ing is a good tactic against larger groups when possible. Those arcane-somethings in the mage tower sure do have some nasty spells if they get them off.

November 09, 2009, 03:32:33 pm
Reply #36

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 03:32:33 pm »
I stealth up behind them and 1-shot with riposte :P

It's the mages in the tower that gave me the most trouble actually, fireballs from 4 mages at the same time... nasty!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 09, 2009, 03:54:15 pm
Reply #37

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 03:54:15 pm »
Turns out game wants you to think!

I've bumped it down from normal to easy for now, seems like I was supposed to have been spamming health pots and not spending points in 2hander skills for your tank.

I might reroll actually, since I've made a lot of retarded decisions. Or I'll play catchup on easy till I've recovered from 6 levels of being dumb.

But yeah, the game is awesome :)
Trolls are awesome!

November 09, 2009, 03:57:33 pm
Reply #38

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 03:57:33 pm »
It's the mages in the tower that gave me the most trouble actually, fireballs from 4 mages at the same time... nasty!

Yeah, instagib. I don't use rogue/stealth, cba to micromanage. Does the AI use it itself?

Also I didn't notice the chick from the chantry was a rogue until I opened her char screen by accident. Before that she landed on my discard pile almost instantly.

November 09, 2009, 04:34:54 pm
Reply #39

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 04:34:54 pm »
Ah, mages with fireballs? Reminds me of BG1 or 2, I forget which... some zone with a lot of fireballing mages. Durlag's Tower maybe?

Fun times...
Now I run a tech website.

November 09, 2009, 04:35:38 pm
Reply #40

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2009, 04:35:38 pm »
The fireballs here are more like meteor strikes.

November 09, 2009, 04:44:27 pm
Reply #41

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2009, 04:44:27 pm »
walking bomb is more fun to use then fireball anyway
and then you get virulent walking bomb (if i spelled that correctly) and i loved it even more

anyway fireballs you can target on the ground so you dont exactly have to damage your own party no?

anyway i was in a forest looking for witherfang and i decided to disturb the wards on one of those ancient gravestones... i do not recommend that i mean that revenant that pops up pretty much one shotted all my characters expect Shale the golem (he is awesome btw best tank in the game probably) just seems to me that a healer in your part is pretty nessasary
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

November 09, 2009, 04:46:09 pm
Reply #42

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 04:46:09 pm »
Hehe. I didn't find Shale yet... guess he's from somewhere I haven't been -- only done the Urn and the Woods.

I did the Revenants OK, but if there's extra skeletons I have to set it to Easy.

Pot, pot, pot...

November 09, 2009, 04:48:45 pm
Reply #43

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 04:48:45 pm »
there were about 7 skeletons with that revenant which i had to use pots and heals and pots and everything for

also Shale is from DLC you got for pre-ordering or was it cause of the collectors edition... anyway one or the other im not sure which

edit: it might have been 5 skeletons i dunno
does anyone know where you can learn about being a blood mage or arcane warrior btw?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:54:36 pm by Grishnag »
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

November 09, 2009, 05:16:25 pm
Reply #44

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2009, 05:16:25 pm »
Blood mage is from the Urn quest line (Jowan) -- you learn when you're in the Fade, I think.

Arcane warrior is from the dungeon in the Woods/Elves quest. There's a phylactery there that you need to 'listen' to.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:18:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

332 Guests, 0 Users