Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Borderlands

October 29, 2009, 07:56:15 pm
Reply #15

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

Re: Borderlands
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 07:56:15 pm »
Borderlands
is awesome

October 30, 2009, 03:14:28 pm
Reply #16

Kilizion

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 03:14:28 pm »
Lol free borderlands is free! And really really good. A bit buggy here and there but I admit I am addicted. :) Definitely recommend it to all.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:49:19 pm by Kilizion »

October 31, 2009, 04:59:28 am
Reply #17

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 04:59:28 am »
definitely a good time sink, and very competant as an action rpg - the new toys you get from time to time are very entertaining too seeing what effects they have. That said, the variation in guns is a great deal more limited than is often made out. 99% of the time you find yourself using on of the 6-10 basic styles of weapon, with small variations (damage, clip size, scope zoom, nothing that really affects what the weapon feels like to use). The skill trees feel a little unpolished too, and there are some small niggles that really are big oversights, e.g. items can have a bunch of effects on them, but tooltips can only ever show up to 4 - even if there are more. On a game where your character's ability depends almost entirely on item choice, not knowing what the item actually has on it is totally daft.

I don't know how much lasting appeal it'll have to be totally honest, especially considering that if people are at different stages of quests it feels quikly like a pickle to try and work with. Maybe a month ish. If the dev drops some DLC (pretty likely if game sales are good) then it could extend a bit more.

Worth mentioning that as a PC port it's sadly got all the classic signs of lazy console->PC games - mouse acceleration, inadequete mouse speed settings, tiny FOV, just the general way you're required to go edit ini files and whatnot and some things you can't workaround.

Somewhere between a seven and an eight out of ten for me.

October 31, 2009, 10:05:17 am
Reply #18

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 10:05:17 am »
Me and Kesh at second playthrough now, about halfway...it's much harder, and expecting the 3rd playthrough to be insane, as we are dying now!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:38:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

155 Guests, 1 User
Asprin