Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mortriste, Holy/Disc Priest (B-Raid Application)

January 16, 2010, 05:31:56 am
Read 3894 times

Offline Mortriste

• Vendor Trash

Mortriste, Holy/Disc Priest (B-Raid Application)
« on: January 16, 2010, 05:31:56 am »
Hello Iron Edge from Mortriste!!!  (Formerly Jezex), a level 80 Undead Priest!

Personal Information

Ingame people normally call me Mort for short but irl people call me Jerry. For any of my personal details and vital stats please feel free to contact me ingame of via my account's email address. I speak English fluently and am learning Japanese  :'(
My hobbies include computer designing and development, computer generated art such as signatures, smiley sets and of course gaming.

Character Information

My gear can be seen here: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Mortriste
I also have a rogue: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Trache
I've spent my entire play time on my priest as holy/disc and really enjoy the role of raid healer but if need be i can always change my dual spec to whatever need be.

Raiding/Raid Experience

As it stands I am able to raid practically every day of the week however i do have various RL commitments which i shall be sure to notify my class leader as they arise; most times when i am unavailable or which my timetable may change include large holidays or family events but i will always be able to give prior notice.

As far as raiding experience goes, i have completed ToC10/25, The new Onyxia encounters and so on but have never had the opportunity to enter ICC as "link achievement" is so rife (but rightfully so) on this server.(Edit, completed ICC up to new wing)

More specific times
:

Mondays: 5pm onwards
Tuesdays: 7pm onwards
Wednesdays: 7pm onwards
Thursdays: 5pm onwards
Fridays: 5pm onwards (may have social exceptions)
Saturday: Whenever required but may have social exceptions
Sundays: Whenever required but may have social exceptions

Gaming and World Of Warcraft history

For as long as i remember I've always had something to game on, however my first online team gaming experience were much later with the likes of Counterstrike and a number of other FPS games and like many of the younger generation my first MMORPG experience was that of runescape :-\ although since then I've played WoW, WaR, AoC, CO and a number of other small community MoGs so i am no stranger to an online community.

My World Of Warcraft career started in February 2005, right back at the start; i made a Human Mage but in half a day was dragged to Dunemaul by a friend who no longer plays and that is where i have stayed. As far as guilds go i have been in The Black Fury for the past 4 years until after it had a social divide which is why i am now in Bladestorm (A sister guild with most of the vanilla players from TBF)mainly as a community face than a raider.
Apart from my priest i also have a lvl 80 Undead Warlock named Jezex which i only recently dinged 80 and a lvl 80 Undead Rogue named Trache which is slowly gearing up in PuGs. I am also currently leveling a prot warrior named Pridefist who is currently level 56 but i only play on it whenever my brother is online.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

Aside from the likes of the former guild A Few Good Men, no other guild on the server orientated to actually completing this game's content has really stood the test of time and I have always been looking for talkative, active community which is always doing one thing or the other. I intend on joining Iron Edge to further my experience on WoW as without a solid community which can allow you to do such it is pretty much impossible.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer a new, friendly face with a jokey attitude that will be sure to keep you laughing on teamspeak for hours  :P and of course a dedicated team member. I try to be forever helpful and to help the guild whenever the need arises.

Last words?Well i really hope you consider me to join as a member of Iron Edge and hope to see you all shortly in game!  :-*
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:06:29 pm by Mortriste »

January 16, 2010, 06:51:20 am
Reply #1

Kilizion

Re: Mortriste, Holy/Disc Priest (B-Raid Application)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:51:20 am »
Nice application mate. We raid from 7 onwards Tuesdays though and you can only come at 9? Also, we're raiding ICC 25 atm with 6/7 progress, do you think you have what it takes to keep up with the other healers (3 of them already being priests) with your current gear? Blue quality gems and the majority of your gear not enchanted. No shadowfiend or flash heal glyph either, might want to switch out the pain surpression glyph for flash heal and pick up shadowfiend as another minor, shadow prot/fortitude/fading being the third choice of minor glyph. Decent spec but you don't really need 2/2 in grace, desperate prayer or the points in improved renew, but if you feel fairly survivable without spell warding or find you don't use greater heal much then that's fair enough. Anyway you seem like a great guy so good luck with your application. Cya around Dunemaul.

January 16, 2010, 07:16:21 am
Reply #2

Offline Mortriste

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 07:16:21 am »
Hey Kilizion, thanks for the tips on glyphs and gems, I've just been holding back on gemming and enchnating my gear as it is because it seemed like a waste to do that just yet but if you think it's a good investment i'll have a look into it and i've taken the tip about glyphs into consideration and in the AH right now. At the moment i am in the process of reinventing my talent trees to focus around raid healing with two trees for separate scenarios.

About the 9pm time listed there; I wasn't aware of the raiding times but i am able to make it for 7; what i intended to do till 9 can always be pushed to later dates and about having to keep up with three other priest healers, well, tell them to bring it on!  8) I feel that i should be able to cope.
M]

January 16, 2010, 08:38:27 am
Reply #3

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:38:27 am »
Awesome application.  Social exceptions, I like it :)

Where do you hail from, Holland?  That's some pretty good english, and kudos on trying to learn Japanese.  Hugman or the Grillmeister will get back to you about your app, I think the B raid is pretty full on priests, however I guess space can be found for a good player.

January 16, 2010, 11:31:15 am
Reply #4

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 11:31:15 am »
Nice application, you really know how to write these!

I like your overall gaming expirience, seems like you tryed every mmo there is :)
But as kili said big minus for:

- not enchanting half of your gear, including your weapon enchant (you got decent weapon), theres no really excuse for slacking on that. Same goes for  gemming.
- your disc specs and glyphs seem to be more adjusted for pvp than pve (glyph of pain suppression in pve? how often do you get stunned when casting that?)

Its nice that your saying you gonna respec/reglyph/enchant your gear now cuz of kilizions advices, but it would be better you did all of that before appling.
As experienced priest you should at least know that (basics).

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

January 16, 2010, 12:34:46 pm
Reply #5

Offline Mortriste

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »
Hey Mousilicious thanks for the feedback, i've taken everything said into consideration and have amended most of my mistakes involving glyphs gemming and enchants; of course it is now too late for me to go back on my application. The reason i had that pain suppresion glyph is quite simple really; i slapped it on to do a couple of arenas with a friend a couple of nights back and forgot to remove it although i really should have changed this before i made the application.
Thanks again for all the feedback, positive and otherwise!
M]

p.s to Ameliorate, no I'm not from Holland, what gave you that impression?  :D
I was born bred and am currently based in the UK
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:36:57 pm by Mortriste »

January 16, 2010, 01:42:30 pm
Reply #6

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 01:42:30 pm »
Why the heck would you write fluent in english if you are english :)

Oh and Delling, could you change my forum username back to Angrr please

January 16, 2010, 02:26:03 pm
Reply #7

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 02:26:03 pm »
Why the heck would you write fluent in english if you are english :)

You'd be surprised how many english people aren't fluent in english...
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

January 16, 2010, 03:23:25 pm
Reply #8

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »
You'd be surprised how many english people aren't fluent in english...
Yep, go north of Watford, it all goes pear shaped

January 26, 2010, 02:07:27 pm
Reply #9

Offline Mortriste

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 02:07:27 pm »
Bumping the post as i think it may have been overlooked.

January 26, 2010, 05:34:52 pm
Reply #10

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 05:34:52 pm »
*uses his Hugman and Grilldyret dog whistle*
Now I run a tech website.

January 26, 2010, 05:54:18 pm
Reply #11

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »
(Scampers madly towards the Forums, panting.)

I am sorry for overlooking your post.

I am afraid at this time, the B-raid has 3 stable holy/disc priests, and we are not recruiting any more.

Good luck with your guild hunting!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:07:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 0 Users