Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Faolchu - Hunter application - A Team

February 15, 2010, 04:56:32 am
Read 5916 times

Offline Faolchu

• Former Member

Faolchu - Hunter application - A Team
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:56:32 am »
Personal Information

Well I'm James getting on a bit 25 years old now :). Currently live in Harlow, Essex although I lived in Reykjavik, Iceland up until June 2009. I work (primarily) in the computer games industry although general IT/office stuff isn't out of the question.

Character Information

My main character is of course my hunter Faölchu http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&cn=Fa%C3%B6lchu

My primary alt is my paladin Lanila http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&cn=Lanila

Main spec on my hunter is Marksmanship and I'm generally gemming for Armour penetration. I can never really decide on trinkets as my luck is generally crap but currently I'm rolling with Death's Choice and Encrusted Scorpion. In my last guild I spent much of my time catching up on gear but I still haven't seen an upgrade to my belt drop at all ever :(. And I'm probably going to keep my 2pt t9 until I can get 4pt t10.

Raid Experience

Vanilla

I did the occasional raid with my (now deactivated account) night elf hunter but I stopped playing after awhile. I honestly don't have much experience from this time other than rushing to 60, getting the 1000g mount o.O and nobody ever wanting a hunter :P.

TBC

Cleared every instance in TBC including KJ, although I only downed KJ himself after the patch of doom. That turned the instance into what was easymode compared to what it was before hand. I started off with my current character in TBC and spent most of my time with one guild during the expansion and into WotlK.

Wrath

I guess this is the most applicable so I'll go into more detail here.

Naxx: Cleared everything 10/25 - Lost out on immortal to (and I'm not kidding) 1)A server crash on Kel'thuzad 2)A server crash on Sapphiron 3)A druid healer going into bear form and saying on vent "They don't kill you now just take half your hp" followed by 'Stupid healer has now died'.

I spent most of my time 10man wise on my paladin alt tanking to get people their drakes never did get mine (ah well).

Sarth+3: Managed to do this in 10 and 25, 10man was particularly pleasing it was before it was possible to simply burn it. We spent hours and hours wiping to stupid little things before it all fell into place. Felt great :).

Maly: 10/25 killed him in both although thats not really saying much.

Ulduar: Completed all 10 man hardmodes ... never did get to see Algalon as my guild fell apart before I could. 25 man completed all the hardmodes except Yogg+1, FF and 3xKnock ... started making attempts on those shortly before the guild went belly up just before I'd been there for 2 years :(.

ToC/ToGC: Pretty much completed ToC normal as soon as the put Anub out. ToGC I got upto and downed heroic Twins when the guild stopped raiding. I moved onto another guild and shortly afterwards we managed a realm first insanity.

ICC: Haven't touched 10man apart from rep farming as in my last guild I was just a trial and they had pretty set 10man teams. 25 man I've killed every boss in normal aside from the Lich King, although with a bit of practice he looks like a very enjoyable encounter.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

Gaming wise I've played quite alot of games too many to list :P. But hmmm things worthy of mention. Made the top100 rank in warcraft 3 tft FFA ladder, got into the top500 on the original starcraft and I've pretty much played every blizzard game made to date.

I also have an account for Eve-Online, I worked for the company that made it (CCP) for 6 years until recently.

WoW History

My Last 2 guilds:

Almost Famous(Mazrigos): I was in AF for just under 2 years, I cleared the majority of high-end TBC content with them and I was involved in all the first kills in SWP. We were going well in Wrath but a combination of car accidents, house moving and general 'I've got my loot bye' people resulted in us being unable to get 25 ppl online and the guild generally fell apart. I was an officer in AF and I believe I was also the last one out the door. I spent 2 months not raiding trying to just get something going and I paid for that in my next guild as I spent most of my time catching up with the loot I missed in ToGC.

Elitism (Stormrage): I joined these guys in Dec09 and I quickly found out I was behind on gear, not by alot but by enough that you noticed it in the dps. I caught up a bit as ToGC was relatively on farm aside from Insanity. When ICC was released I fell a bit behind as you might be able to see from my gear, I haven't been able to get tokens to upgrade to 264 pieces.

My trial lasted 3 months (just under) the first few weeks went well, I had the do or die MD job on Anub. 2 hunters would split off and MD the adds to the tank, who would then get Tott'ed as well. Generally resulted in us doing pointless DPS though, but on the Insanity kill we all completely lag out and only me and the other other getting MD's on the add stopped them from raping the healers and us wiping which was cool.

But after this ICC came out and I started suffering from DC issues had no idea what was causing it. After a couple of weeks I figured out that it was something to do with the PHY Loopback on my network card (no I don't know either). Managed to fix it and stopped using hogging addons like Recount and went the next 3-4 weeks without dc'ing during raids. Managed to mix it up quite well in DPS although I got the odd jobs like not being bitten on blood queen and running back and forth planting traps on Saurfang. But apparently enough members took exception to the fact I had DC'd to vote no to me joining. I was told my standard of play was good but alas these things happen. No hard feelings towards them, I do have to say the DC thing was fixed for several weeks but by then the dye had been cast. Ah well life does go on etc.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

There is the usual..I want to raid and you need a Hunter etc. But I took a look around your site and you seem more based around having a community than most guilds of your level. I'm normally a quiet guy and I enjoy spending time away from WoW. Doing things like going to the Emirates (to Watch Arsenal) and chilling with friends a nice cold beer. Just when I do log in I like to see people :).

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

Well hopefully impossibly high DPS and feet that move out of the fire quicker than most. I do watch videos of new bosses and read strategies while trying to keep appraised of my class. I do read sites like elitistjerks etc but I often find the best way of bettering yourself is to discuss your gear and changes you plan with your fellow guild hunters. Its highly unlikely you'll ever have the 'perfect' set of gear thats always theorycrafted about and even if you get close you'll often be mixing and matching to maintain certain stats until you do :).

Last Words? Big Up time..etc

I generally think I'm a pretty loyal, trustworthy and honest guy (which is why I'm open about Elitism). I maintain a high attendance ratio although and I do admit from time to time I'll go see a match at the Emirates (my dad has season tickets). Or maybe grab a drink with friends etc. See! honest :P. By that I mean, I think I missed 4 raids in 3 months with Elitism (2 because I was in a bike accident). And in 2 years with Almost Famous (with 5 day sometimes 7 days a week raiding) had about a 90% attendance :).

I've been playing this same character for years now and I've always had a Hunter as my main character. I believe I know alot about playing the class although there is always more to learn.

Anyway I'm doing what I can be guilty of and rambling so I shall leave it there. Ofc I'm here to answer questions as well :).

I do have a couple of WoL logs here : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/e5d5gpxca68ibcn8/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses and http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ueqnmxwkyyer794j/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses hopefully they are ones where I didn't have silly jobs to do but I'm not sure.

I think I have all of the logs I gathered in all of Wrath on wws somewhere but I'd have to pay to retrieve them, unless they have deleted them already.

Arrgh I'm rambling again.

February 15, 2010, 06:15:28 am
Reply #1

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

Re: Faolchu - Hunter application - A Team
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:15:28 am »
Hey excellent app, even complete with logs!
You seem like a nice guy and I think we are in need of a good stable 3rd hunter.

gl on your app!

February 15, 2010, 11:30:21 am
Reply #2

Kilizion

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:30:21 am »
Nice application, good luck.

February 15, 2010, 12:03:01 pm
Reply #3

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:03:01 pm »
Nice App! Nice Gear! Lets hope you are not braindead :D

February 15, 2010, 04:32:23 pm
Reply #4

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 04:32:23 pm »
Bravo! Great app, matey.

What're you doing in Harlow? Is there some games studio there?
Now I run a tech website.

February 15, 2010, 04:58:36 pm
Reply #5

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 04:58:36 pm »
1 totaly irrelevant question since everything has been said allready about the application and i dont like repeating people

whats with the umlaut?

are you by any chance saved this reset?

ooh ooh just thought of another totaly unrelated question

DO YOU LIKE TO PET PULL?!?!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:02:24 pm by Grishnag »
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

February 15, 2010, 05:08:41 pm
Reply #6

Offline Faolchu

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:41 pm »
The neck piece? :) well I did have the 245ilvl charge of the eredar but this wodin's lucky necklace is superior :).

I'm saved this reset to 25 ICC/Voa/ToGC

Nooo don't like pet pulling but my pet did in Ulduar on that narrow patch just before the first Vezax trash now that was a weird part of the instance.

February 15, 2010, 05:09:50 pm
Reply #7

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 05:09:50 pm »
ö

those 2 dots thats the umlaut :D or however you spell it
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox

February 15, 2010, 05:10:39 pm
Reply #8

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 05:10:39 pm »
AND HOW ABOUT MY QUESTION?

February 15, 2010, 05:11:36 pm
Reply #9

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 05:11:36 pm »
NOT IMPORTANT!

February 15, 2010, 05:12:42 pm
Reply #10

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 05:12:42 pm »
Why cant dk's apply like you? :((((((

February 15, 2010, 05:37:42 pm
Reply #11

Offline Faolchu

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »
Oh the ö is because theres a lv1 alt called Faolchu on stormrage :(.

And I'm in Harlow because my family lives there, when I moved back from Iceland a free room seemed like the best place to stop by :P.

February 15, 2010, 06:38:11 pm
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 06:38:11 pm »
So, tell the CCP story!

February 15, 2010, 08:07:35 pm
Reply #13

Offline Faolchu

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 08:07:35 pm »
Joined CCP
Moved to Iceland
Got drunk alot
Met hot icelandic girls
Ate alot of subs
Left CCP :P

pretty much it in shortform :)

February 16, 2010, 12:59:23 am
Reply #14

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 12:59:23 am »
Yes, but you're only 25 now, so you joined CCP when you were young... as a GM, or something?

And did they fire you for helping out some corporation?!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:06:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

156 Guests, 0 Users