Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [25 Man Casual Raid] Mage (DPS) - Veeq

July 23, 2013, 03:14:49 am
Read 5390 times

Applicant

[25 Man Casual Raid] Mage (DPS) - Veeq
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:14:49 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Veeq
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Veeq/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Raid: 25 Man Casual Raid

Personal Info:

My name is Bada, 21 years old will be turning to 22 on the 7th of august. I'm originally from middle east, but currently I live in the United States as student, majoring in computer science.

Spec:

At the moment I'm frost because of the gear stats, however, will turn to fire when I get the stats needed for it.

Class:

For the frost, Hit (cap) > Haste > Mastery > Crit,  before the pull I make sure to pre-pot and evocation to get the 15% increase damage and the 4k int from the pot, them I follow this rotation I'm using which is casting frost bomb, throw frozen orb at the target by then I'll have 2 fingers of frost and brain freeze, once I get all these I use all trinkets, berserk radical, pots then alter time, and then just cast frostbolt following it with ice lance, another frostbolt following it with frostfire bolt , then cast frost bomb following it an ice lance, so when the alter time goes I'll get all the fingers of frost and brain freeze again remembering that I have cast a frost bomb before that, so once the alter time is gone I throw a from the use of brain freeze then I'll get another brain freeze right after it because of the frost bomb I cansted before the alter time is gone. So, I follow this rotation mostly all the time.

For fire, Hit (cap) > Crit > Haste > Mastery, before pulling I use the evocation, pre-pots, then follow this rotation, start casting a pyro 2-3 seconds before the pull depending on my pyro's cast, then following it with nether tempest, then scorch or fireball by then I'll make sure that heating-up is ready by using inferno blast, then basically pops berserk radical following it with presence of mind then alter time all these, then throw pyros because of the presence of mind  and heating up, so I wait for both to get gone then start casting fireball following it by pyro when the alter time is finished ill redo the same thing again, and this is how the fight goes.

*note I didn't include mirrors, and tw in my rotation because they are additional spells, which means it has their own time of use.

Alts:

I have a warrior level 90, fury but low-geared.

Professions:

Tailoring/Jewel Crafting
I did tailoring because of its enchants such as Lightweave Embroidery for the back, 285 int and 165 crit on legs, all those costs 1-10g for me so I can save up my gold and get the benefits from it also.

Jewel Crafting is important for self support as in epic gyms and farm gold with it. I am using my warrior's mining for that.

Raid Experience:

I did most the 60s raid, 70s raids then quit on 80, but I came back to play on mist of pandaria, I managed to finish Mv, and 4 bosses of Hof normal mode then I took a break, and now I came back a week ago and killed 9/12  in ToT ( normal mode).

Previous Guilds:

Thule, the guild's progress was not as it is during the raid, I have been informed that Thule have finished ToT normal, however, I looked up into their armory, it shows that they did only 9/12. In short, they make the run harder than it should be. So, I did not feel comfortable in the guild.

Availability:

As I mention above that I am a student, I am having a vacation for a month now, so I will be free 24/7, by then I will make sure not to match my classes schedule with the raid time/days. So, no worries in this part.

Communication:

My english is good, I listen more than talking,I have no problem talking in ts3.

Computer / Connection:

I am using Mac OS X version 10.7.5, processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphic Interl HD Graphics 4000 512 MB, my fps is great never had problem with it using this Mac, my internet connection is perfect sometimes it lags when its heavy raining, other than that my Mac and Internet connection are perfect.

Addons/UI:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zfpo50.png
Add-ons that are used:
bartender
forte
grid
omen
pallypower
recount
dbm
mailopener
tidyplates
scorchio2

Keybinding:
Bar1: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , R , shift-A, shift-space , shift-2 , ` , f , middle-click(mouse)
Bar2: shift-r , shift-1(heartstone), shift-g ,shift-3, shift-4, command-d,shift-t, shift-e,shift-s,shift-y,shift-5,command-d
Bar3: empy , shift-middle-click(mouse) , empty , t , command-t, command-r, shift-f, shift-w,
Pit bar: shift-d (attack), empty,  empy, shift-q (freeze) ,command-q (passive)

Other Games:

Nothing in particular.

Why Iron Edge?

I have known Iron Edge long time ago, I was in Dunemaul before It used to be one of the best guilds in there, apparently in kazzak too, I'm looking for smooth raids, clean runs,adult talks, if wiping re-try till we get it, and above all these the entertainment of raids. So, I believe Iron Edge is the right place to go. :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Fully prepared for raiding(pots, flasks,food) , no whining, no cursing, fully understanding of tactics, 90% focus in raids, fully gemmed and enchanted gear.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

I wan in Dunemaul with you.

Last Words?

I will be happy to be considered as a friend of Iron Edge memebers, and I hope my application will be satisfying to you.

July 23, 2013, 10:22:01 am
Reply #1

Offline Auja

• Guild Member

Re: [25 Man Casual Raid] Mage (DPS) - Veeq
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:22:01 am »
Hello there,

First of all, thank you for the decent application u made and welcome to the IE forums. With the length of time the present tier has been released, i dont feel you are sufficiently geared to be competitive with our current dpsers on the content we are presently working on, however what i read on your application seemed interesting to me. The way u explained how to start a fight and usage of alter time is nearly perfect. I would recommend u to use POM in that cycle either. Also, with ur curent items, (which are better for fire spec) U can try raiding with fire. Coz fire spec gets more benefits from raid buffs. I think u will get at least the same dps or more than playing as a frost mage. As it is summer, and one of our mages is not satisfying me, i can vote yes for this guy to be listed as trial. So we can see his loyalty, punctuality. He can be easily geared up as we are disenchanting many items already :) Good luck with ur application.
Manga freak, free spirit, deist, chain smoker, Activist and Protester, #occupygezi, 34 and still getting older! (Astrild)

July 23, 2013, 10:23:04 am
Reply #2

Offline Auja

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:23:04 am »
Ah, one more question. Why did u choose the enchant "Pandaren Step" on your feet instead of haste ?
Manga freak, free spirit, deist, chain smoker, Activist and Protester, #occupygezi, 34 and still getting older! (Astrild)

July 23, 2013, 11:18:29 am
Reply #3

Offline Bada

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:18:29 am »
Thank you for your time that has been spend in this long application I made, there is no particular reason for that, because I have just noticed it, haha, it will be changed right away!!

July 23, 2013, 12:22:34 pm
Reply #4

Offline Achellis

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:22:34 pm »
Good luck on your application Badaaaaa!!

July 23, 2013, 12:30:56 pm
Reply #5

Offline Bada

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 12:30:56 pm »
Thaaaaanks! :)

July 23, 2013, 05:59:26 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 05:59:26 pm »
Looks like you have sufficient experience, so I don't see why we wouldn't give you a trial :)

Poke an officer for an invite.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 23, 2013, 09:31:30 pm
Reply #7

Inphy

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:30 pm »
Welcome and good luck!

July 23, 2013, 10:08:12 pm
Reply #8

Offline Auja

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:08:12 pm »
Fast response is welcomed with a fast inv :) Good luck from now on :D

July 24, 2013, 08:02:27 am
Reply #9

Offline Bada

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 08:02:27 am »
Thanks y'all, will do my best!   ;D

July 24, 2013, 10:17:21 am
Reply #10

Offline Auja

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 10:17:21 am »
Thanks y'all, will do my best!   ;D

U better do :) I will watch u closely.

July 24, 2013, 01:23:19 pm
Reply #11

Offline Bada

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 01:23:19 pm »
Hahaha, scary.  :-[

July 26, 2013, 06:51:22 pm
Reply #12

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 06:51:22 pm »
wellcome viik

July 26, 2013, 11:30:23 pm
Reply #13

Offline Bada

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 11:30:23 pm »
Thanks romeo!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:40:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

40 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93