Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Diamondhead

May 17, 2022, 08:20:43 pm
Read 1885 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Diamondhead
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Diamondhead
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Alex, 34, I live and work in Sofia Bulgaria. I work as a technical support representative for several web hosting companies.

Class/Spec:

I play the game purely for fun. Currently I play Vengeance Demon Hunter for this exact reason.

Alts:

I do have several alts, most notably my resto shaman that I used to main at the end of TBC and for the majority of Wotlk.

I also have a priest that I play around with. The priest used to be my main in Cataclysm and I played shadow. I now play holy/disc as I did in Legion.

Professions:

Currently my Demon Hunter has maxed out skinning and leatherworking. Unfortunately professions seem pretty irrelevant nowadays.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I have been playing World of Warcraft on and off for about 15 years now. I started in late vanilla, went pretty hardcore in TBC clearing every raid except for Sunwell where we only managed to kill the first 3 bosses before the pre-patch for Wotlk hit.

In Wotlk I went Horde on Kul Tiras to play with friends and joined one of the top guilds on the server at the time. They approached me as they were looking for a good Resto Shaman and I went on to clear every raid in Wotlk including most of the heroic fights in ICC.

In Cataclysm I moved to a different realm with some of the friends from Shadows of Doom. I raided for the entire expansion clearing every raid apart from Dragon Soul as at the time a lot of us were burned out and didn't really enjoy the raid.

I took a break during MoP and WoD as I didn't find either expansion particularly appealing. I came back for Legion and found that I really enjoy Mythic + as a form of content. I did raid for the first two tiers but gradually lost interest in raiding and stepped down from the team prior to Antorus and Tomb of Sargeras. I still helped out my team when it was needed but I was not part of the main team.

I skipped BFA altogether as I was not fond of the game during the leveling stages and decided that I wasn't going to play at all.

I came back at the start of Shadowlands as a few friends convinced me to play. I found myself enjoying Mythic + and raiding again. I cleared heroic Castle Nathria and most of the bosses on Mythic difficulty, however the guild that I did this with was having issues with members losing interest and general guild activity.

I took a bit of a break and came back for 9.2 with the intent of doing mostly Mythic + dungeons as with the changes to gearing this type of content feels like the right fit for me.

When it comes to PvP experience, I used to play Arena in Wotlk as a Rogue/Resto Shaman at around 1.8k rating.

In Cataclysm I took PvP a bit more serious and went on to get to 2.4k as Spriest(myself)/Mage/Resto Shaman.

I used to do a lot of world PvP on my rogue and tons of battlegrounds in TBC/Wotlk/Cata. I have 100 000 honorable kills achieved on 31/10/12 and am currently at a little over 215 000 total honorable kills.

Previous Guilds:

I can't remember all of them in all honesty.

Most notably the guilds I used to play for on my original realm were:

Azeroth Alliance - Kul Tiras Alliance
Shadows of Doom - Kul Tiras Horde

Those are the two guilds I vividly remember. Every other guild I have been in was a guild ran by friends that I used to play with/meet during the time I spent in the aforementioned guilds.

Availability:

I work from home and generally can be on almost all the time. I do have a dog, I have a family and a social life and I am not really looking to get into hardcore raiding or anything like that.

Communication:

Yes, I do use discord and my English is what I would call decent.

Computer / Connection:

I have a pretty decent PC, it was built a few years ago but it still runs wow at over 100 frames without any issues.

When it comes to connection I have good internet:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/13165454079

Addons/UI:

BigWigs, Shadowed Unit Frames, Threat Plates, WeakAuras, Quartz most notably.

Out of Combat: https://pasteboard.co/nESDAwVoGBPa.png
In Combat: https://pasteboard.co/NimNxXR7eWii.png

Other Games:

Currently I do play mostly WoW, however I do play some Apex Legends and Starcraft 2 when I feel like it.

Why Iron Edge?

I always enjoyed being part of a guild, without it the game feels kind of empty. However I am a fairly competitive person even in terms of gaming. If I am a part of a guild I want to know that the people that I play with are going to have decent game knowledge and are willing to learn and improve.

From what I have been told this guild sounds like a bunch of good players. As I consider myself an above average player, I would like to be part of an above average team.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am really looking to join as a social member and will act accordingly. I will do my best to help people out with gearing their mains and alts through M+ as this is what I mainly focus on nowadays. I also enjoy the occasional transmog run, mount farming, chatting about random stuff on discord etc.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I am friends with a hunter in your guild called Mtj and he told me about the guild. We have been friends for quite some time and not just in game. He knows me pretty well and if you want to know something about me you can ask him anything.

Last Words?

It's been a long while since I applied to a guild. I have probably forgot to mention plenty but you can ask me pretty much anything (even if it is not WoW related).

Overall I have played this game quite a bit and am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to it. It also seems that I am still passionate about it as I keep coming back and enjoying my time playing.

If you have read through my entire application and you think that I am a good fit for you, I would gladly join you ladies and gentlemen and I believe that even as a social member you will find that I can contribute quite a bit to the team.

May 19, 2022, 08:47:37 am
Reply #1

Online Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Diamondhead
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 08:47:37 am »
Hi Diamondhead,

You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:03:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

78 Guests, 4 Users
Spetsnaz, mortos, Lethys, Rash