Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Ommadon

March 08, 2017, 12:51:01 pm
Read 4619 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Ommadon
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:51:01 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Ommadon
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Ommadon/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Name: Bojan (pronounced as Boyan)
Work/Schoold: Working as a Technical writer, and doing PhD in Economics/Management

Class/Spec:

Ma main spec is Demonology (51 traits / 893 ilvl), offspec is Affliction (41 traits / 892 ilvl) and Destruction (36 / 892)

Main stat for Demo is haste, followed by Intellect and the rest. For Affliction main stat is mastery up to a certain point, but it depends a lot on trinkets and legendary items you have etc. I mostly use premium AskMrRobot to optimize my character, with occasional sims to check if AMR is off the mark too much. Except for the hard data (AMR/sims) I also use my gut feeling when preparing, as numbers show what works best in theory, but in practice it may be different because of boss tactics my guild uses and if guild is overgeared/undergeared for the content we do.

As for rotation priority I use relevant guides from Discord/MMO-Champ/Icy-Veins, and I follow Warcraftlogs for latest fashion trends in talent selection for specific bosses.  

Alts:

I have a warrior (Beton - Prot: 33 traits, 875 ilvl; Arms: ~30 traits, ~880 ilvl). This used to be my main at the start of legion, with Arms being my main spec. I got tired of it because of awkward, annoying, and RNG dependant Arms rotation, and crappy utility legendaries I got for it... first tried switching to Prot, but ultimately found more pleasure in playing my lock.

I also have a freshly dinged 110 Druid, and around 5-6 more classes at lvl 100.

Professions:

I have 800 JC, and 800 Inscription, and on my warr alt I have 800 BS and 800 Mining. They are mainly for making money to buy flasks/pots/runes, so nothing special about them.
I also have cooking 800 on my warr, with around half of all recipes on rank 3, and other half on rank 2.

Raiding Experience:

Currently I have 10/10 HC NH experience and all AotC achievements from Legion and WoD. I have also raided previous tiers on heroic level, with occasional mythic kill.

Before that gets a bit blurry, I started in Vanilla with MC, ZG, BWL and AQ being my raids, haven't touched Naxx at that time. Then in BC i raided most of the bosses, at some point I decided to quit and delete all chars... then I had them restored, and continued playing, then I made some pauses again etc.
Summa summarum - I played on and off since the beginning of WoW, never at the highest level, mostly on medium and semi-casual level.  

Previous Guilds:

I used to play on Hakkar and Dunemaul in Vanilla. On Dunemaul I was member of Cold Blooded, which was big competitor to Iron Edge, and I joined IE when they fell apart for the last time in Cata i think.
I was member of IE B raid during DragonSoul. After that I paused WoW again, and when I came back I quitted IE, transferred to Kazzak and joined guild Psihijatrija.
Then when Psihijatrija fell apart and IE decided to follow me to Kazzak ( :D), I joined IE again at the beginning of WoD. Soon afterwards some friends from Psihijatrija reformed new guild, so I decided to join them.  
After people stopped playing again and guild fell apart, I moved to Merciful Fate, the guild I am in now.

The reason I want to leave this guild is mostly because of frivolity in regards to raids. We have 3 scheduled raid per week, but raids are frequently cancelled due to people not showing up, and even when we raid a lot of time is wasted on too much talk, pauses... often it takes us 10-15 minutes before pulls because people are running slow (we always run), somebody forgot to eat food, had to piss etc.
So in the end, I would rather have 1 mandatory raid night and kill 9/10 bosses, than show up on 3 raid nights and kill 9.5/10 bosses.
Another reason is that Zenath (Zylore) and Gidra (Shadowmendy) play with you. Those are some players that I know for a long time, and I looked up to them when they were top players, so I would like to raid with them.

Availability:

I'm available for raids 90% of the time. Both my work and studies do not have a fixed schedule so I can be flexible.

Communication:

Yes, I speak English quite well. I do use TS, and can both listen and talk.

Computer / Connection:

I play on a decent laptop so I don't have FPS issues in raid (laptop is Asus ROG GL752VW, i7 6700HQ, 12gb ramn, GTX 960M, 17'')
Connection is 100mb/100mb upload/download, stable 99,9% of the time.

Addons/UI:

I use mostly default UI. Addons I use are: DBM, TSM, WeakAuras, TomTom, Skada, Regular Tab, Doom Shards, Crap Away, Ask mr. Robot.

Other Games:

I mostly do not play other games since I don't have time. I occasionally play World of Tanks and Civilization 5/6

Why Iron Edge?

I explained this in 'Previous Guilds' section. I'm not happy with the attitude towards the raids in my current guild, and there are people in IE that I would like to join.

I also have an alt in IE already (Vedun-lvl 100 shaman). When I left IE in WoD I was told to leave alt in guild, for the time when I decide to come back again. The prophecy must be fulfilled! :D

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I take raids seriously, I come prepared, gear properly, help others if necessary, never whine about loot, and treat everyone with politeness and respect. I'm sure I will be a great addition to your raid :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I used to be a menber before, so I know a lot about IE, and I have friends and acquaintances there also.  

Last Words?

Nope. Still too young for my last words :)

March 08, 2017, 02:09:12 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Ommadon
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:09:12 pm »
Hello Bojan. Pretty decent application there. I've been hunting a warlock for a while now.

Firstly, you should have your friends come here and vouch for you.

Secondly, what was your character when you joined IE? Beton?
Ba dun tss!

March 08, 2017, 03:32:47 pm
Reply #2

Offline zenath

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:32:47 pm »
I vouch for Bojan!

March 08, 2017, 03:36:32 pm
Reply #3

Offline Ommadon

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:36:32 pm »
Yes, its was this char Beton http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Beton/simple

I can ask Gidra also to vouch for me then :D

March 08, 2017, 06:47:05 pm
Reply #4

Offline Gidra

• Guild Member

• Do not disturb.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 06:47:05 pm »
Thumbs up for this guy! And on top of everything he is a warlock (wooot rare spawn!) :P

Really nice app, I hope that we will soon enough be able to use your healthstones! ;)

March 10, 2017, 12:30:57 pm
Reply #5

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 12:30:57 pm »
Ooook.

I'm going to give you a trial for the weekend raid.

You can poke an officer for an invite.
Ba dun tss!

March 10, 2017, 01:06:37 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 01:06:37 pm »
Welcome back!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

March 11, 2017, 10:23:07 am
Reply #7

Offline Ommadon

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 10:23:07 am »
Thanks! :)

I will whisper one of the officers today/tomorrow then

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 08:58:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 0 Users