Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Ripjoerogan (XR)

May 02, 2024, 05:36:24 pm
Read 397 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Ripjoerogan
Server: Gehennas
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Gehennas/Ripjoerogan
Class/Spec: Death Knight (Tank)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Daniel Watkins I am 45 years young, and I now live in Sweden (British native). I am retired but I still do photography as a Hobbie that I also get paid for sometimes. I started skateboarding when I was 5 and spend most of my spare time trying to still do it.

Class/Spec:

I am playing Blood DK, I enjoy tanking a lot and I find with Cataclysm talents and changes it to be a lot more fun than the WOTLK version.

Alts:

Just my Paladin at level 55 which I made to unlock the Death Knight class.

Professions:

Mining and Blacksmithing - I took these mostly for the extra sockets for Mastery stacking and since this is a new account too make some gold from mining.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I have played WoW since the original Alpha and I have cleared all raids up to the end of MOP and I have been a 5 time Glad (season 1,3,4,5, and 6) as a Resto/Ele Shaman.

Previous Guilds:

Old school Inner Sanctum on Alliance EU Silvermoon who I left to join SK Gaming on Horde and then back to Inner Sanctum after they disbanded (many, many moons ago).

Availability:

Available most days and pretty much every time I play is a lengthy session.

Communication:

I am English have Discord and I can talk and listen.

Computer / Connection:

I have a decent rig and 1000mb connection. I do have the odd random PC restart but it's pretty rare.

Addons/UI:

I use ELVUI and Weak Auras mostly just because I like the way ELV looks straight out of the box. I use Weak Auras for various things from Bone Shield charges to debuffs and so on.

Other Games:

I used to play a lot of Overwatch at a high level, I was a GM Lucio back in Overwatch 1. Other than that, anything open world/RPG/Die in 1 hit games I play from Far Cry to Elden Ring.

Why Iron Edge?

I saw Hemoroids advertise in general chat and saw the '19 year old' guild line and thought that's pretty cool these days. I saw the photos on the web page and you seem like a mature bunch of folks and overall thats all I want, just a friendly mature guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Reliability as a social might not be thought of as important but I still try to play as best I can and I am always up for heroic spams and alt raids, whatever really if I am online, I am down. I think I am a pretty nice guy, I cause no drama, I just want to play the game everything else is not really my business. Always happy to have a banter about the game, Skateboarding, Cameras, and I am a UFC nerd.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Trade spam.

Last Words?

So, maybe a little long winded but I will try to keep it short and sweet.

I played WoW as hardcore as could be for many years all the way through till the end of MOP. I had an accident in real life that left me in a coma and pretty much wrecked me, for a long time I could do nothing. I had to learn to walk again, talk properly every basic thing I had to learn to do again. WoW just died away I couldn't play any games even though I wanted I knew it would be a bad thing to just be fucked up and do nothing but try and play a game. I sold all of my accounts and just cut ties with the game.

After a while I slowy got back to being as normal as I could and started playing with some old friends very casually, I never did anything much to talk about but I was having fun, my ability to play retail was greatly diminished as I have permeant nerve damage in my arm so having to try and do more and more complex rotations and bosses becoming more and more about movement I just started to lose interest as I couldn't physically keep up and when I could fatigue would hit and then it was game over.

For me MOP was the most I have enjoyed this game but I really did enjoy Cataclysm back in the day so I thought I would just play casually and see how I got on and fingers crossed we get MOP. I made a new account last week levelled a Pally to unlock Death Knights and then just got 80 on that and started with my professions. I found I really enjoyed it, and the most important thing was I never really got fatigued as the rotations and mechanics are fairly simple and I am able to keep up, I still have a break every now and then, but I feel fine. Still rusty but It's fun to learn again for sure.

So, there I am in Dalaran smelting 6 million thorium bars and I see the guild advertisement and here we are :)

May 02, 2024, 09:50:34 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Social Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Ripjoerogan (XR)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 09:50:34 pm »
Hey Daniel!

Thanks for applying and putting in an insightful application! Quite the story and journey you've been on.
We have a spot for a tank open currently so you've picked the right time to apply.

We'll be back to you with a decision soon enough, but in the meantime keep an eye on the application thread for any questions others might have.

Speak soon!
Shimmar/Sam

May 03, 2024, 07:53:58 pm
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 07:53:58 pm »
Hey Daniel,

We are happy to offer you a spot for the Cata raid. We're aiming for a 25-man roster so if you're happy with that, you can poke someone for an invite and join discord.

Welcome!

May 03, 2024, 09:12:25 pm
Reply #3

Offline Ripjoerogan

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 09:12:25 pm »
Aww that's great! Thanks a lot!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:21:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

108 Guests, 4 Users
hemoroidtv, Xormn, Setavai, kodin