Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Any reason at all to update our progress post @ Dunemaul.org?

March 31, 2008, 01:27:13 am
Reply #15

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

Re: Any reason at all to update our progress post @ Dunemaul.org?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 01:27:13 am »
I am willing to move all our activity to the official forums, but only on two conditions.

A) we don't mock dunemaul.org in any way. The site has been a part of the history of dunemaul for a long time. We just pack our stuff and leave quietly.

B) Everyone in the guild completely stops posting on Dunemaul.org. If you keep trolling the topics there, then you keep the forums alive. This would have to include Smor's progress thread, delling's IE-25-man-progress, our recruitment posts and our profession advertisement. I'm not okay with this unless we do it properly.
Trolls are awesome!

March 31, 2008, 05:38:45 am
Reply #16

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 05:38:45 am »
I am fine with any of decisions made if they go for everyone, I am tired of namecalling too and I try to keep it off progress thread as much as I can but some ppl just try to get some attention by trolling those topics too...

March 31, 2008, 09:22:20 am
Reply #17

Offline Guanoape

• Guild Member

• I R BATCRAPMONKEY!

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 09:22:20 am »
I find it hard to believe that you would rather post on the official forums and get no proper reactions (congratulations, questions, general interest in the guild) than to post on the dunemaul forums, where you will actually get good responses (and flaming too yes). Your Magtheridon thread on the official forum did get quite some views, but the only responses in it were from IE people and 2 trolls. I still think behind the wall of flaming on dunemaul.org there are alot of people who are generally interested in the progress of the server as a whole, and IE is part of that. The official forums get nowhere near the attention that dunemaul.org gets (I personally haven't ever read the official forums since I started playing at launch). It doesn't matter where you post, you will get trolled either way. If you only intend on bringing the message out you might as well take the flaming for granted and focus on people congratulating you and showing interest, instead of running away from the bullies.

March 31, 2008, 10:10:18 am
Reply #18

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 10:10:18 am »
Hehe the funny thing is that I dont mind trolling or flaming on a forum, I think that is a big part of the fun.

What I primarily dislike about dunemaul.org is the moderation.

The moderators tend to ban people for the most ridiculous things, and furthermore most of the mods are not even playing wow.

When people tried to actually complain about the moderation they got banned.

I want some mushroom people to complain, I want people to tell us that we need aq40 gear. that is what made dunemaul.org fun.

Bears like alts!

March 31, 2008, 10:19:27 am
Reply #19

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 10:19:27 am »
Delling made a post on dm.org on the 21:st of March under the general forum and it has 500 views. I created the topic about the Maggy kill 2 days ago and it has 400 views. It might not have as many people posting but it sure has more people viewing.

Convenient statistic, Brother. Delling's "Iron Edge's 25- and 10-man Progress" has 43140 views, thou...

Who cares about the dunemaul.org mods. IMO the forum is still superior due to
a) being focused on Dunemaul
b) tech-wise (subforums, notfications, find-new-posts-since-last-visit etc)
c) the content (there's lotsa shit, but there's way more shit on the official forum)

March 31, 2008, 10:23:25 am
Reply #20

forker

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 10:23:25 am »
d) over 50% of the IE members are banned. Is that to our advantage or not? That's for you to decide.

Anyhow, the official forum is way better in some ways then Dunemaul.org for example new players and people that might want to migrate to our server will first check out the official forum and getting to dunemaul.org is not as easy as you might think. Yes, you could know people or care enough to read stickies at the official forum but still, that is where non-dunemaul PLAYERS (note, not ex-players) will see our progress and that is where they will find their way to Iron Edge and Dunemaul.

Does Rauko still play? If so they have 1 playing moderator and if not they have none.

Goza you are comparing 1 year old topic to a 3 day old one. Of course the progress thread will have more views but over a year if we updated it as much on the official forum it would have as many/more views.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:26:19 am by forker »

March 31, 2008, 10:29:32 am
Reply #21

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 10:29:32 am »
I know, I found dunemaul via the official forums, too. For recruitment purposes/advertisement it might be helpful, though I guess most high-tier raiders will check the usual hardcore forum sites first. Still, for "everyday discussion", the official forums are a huge fail.

March 31, 2008, 10:32:13 am
Reply #22

forker

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 10:32:13 am »
You calling "dunemaul.org" a hardcore forum or am I misunderstood you there? Dunemaul.org is for ex-players not for current ones.

March 31, 2008, 10:33:36 am
Reply #23

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 10:33:36 am »
.... *GG* :D

"You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your username."

What a bunch of sissy's...

March 31, 2008, 10:37:50 am
Reply #24

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 10:37:50 am »
You calling "dunemaul.org" a hardcore forum or am I misunderstood you there? Dunemaul.org is for ex-players not for current ones.

You misunderstood. Hardcore forum = Elitist Jerks or for news sites like WoR. Those are forums I assume raiders go looking for new guilds first.

March 31, 2008, 10:46:12 am
Reply #25

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 10:46:12 am »
I think dunemaul.org has some shitty moderation, but I still find it far superior to official forums for our purposes.

Bears like alts!

March 31, 2008, 11:04:09 am
Reply #26

forker

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 11:04:09 am »

You misunderstood. Hardcore forum = Elitist Jerks or for news sites like WoR. Those are forums I assume raiders go looking for new guilds first.

Hmm, well I ask how cross realm people find us and almost everyone told me that it was using the official forum and only one said Dunemaul.org and that one was before I joined IE but it was in TBC. WoR seems to be pretty bad for recruitment purposes as I bumped my post I think every day for a week and not a single application. :)

Even gotten more response from the official guild recruitment forums.

Grax, what are our purposes? To get flamed by people who doesnt even play? gogo!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:06:56 am by forker »

March 31, 2008, 12:05:03 pm
Reply #27

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 12:05:03 pm »
well I thought the progress post was for the "community" and not for flashing our e-peen to get hardcore x-realm recruits.

Iron edge has always been a guild that was interested in the IE community and to a large extent to the dunemaul community.

I think posting about our progress is showing the rest of our server how we are doing and showing them that we are not just an elitist bunch that only play to get serverfirsts and dont care at all about anything or anyone else, but that we also have an interest in the server as a whole.
Furthermore I like to be able to go there to check out the general progress of the server see how other guilds are doing and if I want other guilds to do that I think we should do the same.

We were flaming "in flames" for not doing this as they seemed to be totally indifferent about dunemaul.

I dont think posting on dunemaul.org will help you kill bosses faster...

With regard to the annoying moderators we have been talking about creating an alternative to Dunemaul.org but it would require a lot of work and it would take luck and persistance to get people to actually choose it over dunemaul.org
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:07:29 pm by graxlos »

Bears like alts!

March 31, 2008, 12:08:10 pm
Reply #28

forker

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 12:08:10 pm »
Well it's not a community for US as they ban us for no real reason. We can support the community without supporting Dunemaul.org you know.

By we starting to fade Dunemaul.org out we could help the community because there are so many people that get hung out on there for being scammers and the mods doesnt even care to check if it's true or not which punishes the average player.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:10:06 pm by forker »

March 31, 2008, 12:33:49 pm
Reply #29

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 12:33:49 pm »
I still dont know why I was banned...

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:46:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

333 Guests, 0 Users