Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [Casual Raid] Hunter (DPS) - Naelia (XR)

June 26, 2011, 07:02:09 pm
Read 5693 times

Applicant

[Casual Raid] Hunter (DPS) - Naelia (XR)
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:02:09 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Naelia
Server: Azjol-Nerub
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Naelia/simple
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Raid: Casual Raid

Personal Info:

Tore, 24, Norway, Offshore-worker in Dolphin Drilling

Spec:

My talent-spec is at the moment Markmanship. I find this spec great to play, and it's no doubt the spec that gives the most damage for a hunter these days. My iLvl in Markmanship is 359.

My offspec I tend to use for pvp/solo/aoe/trash and so on. Lately I have been speccing into Beast Mastery only because I find it decent to solo oldschool raid-instances with.
I have also been tanking the adds at Nefarian Phase 1 with a turtle, BM is great for that encounter, as you probably know.

Class:

I have been playing my hunter for the last two years now. I started in Wotlk, and never looked back. I read up on my class alot, so I find myself to have great knowledge about the hunter.

Almost all my gems concists of Delicate Inferno Rubys (40 agi), allthough I ofcourse gem other gems to receive the metabonus.
My enchants are pretty base forward, as my gems, and you can check these out at the armory if you'd like. Anyways, I am aware of the best enchants and gems for my class, and I always gem to boost my dps, as others do.

My rotation is very important to me. I have spent alot of time to get the highest dps possible on the meters, and I can honestly say that I have a hell of a burst.

I always start an encounter with blowing all my cooldowns, (Rapid fire, Tol'vir potion, call of the wild etc), and starting my rotation with Serpent Sting, followed by a Chimera Shot. I use Steady Shot 2x, to receive the 15% haste bonus from it. From here on out, it's all about Aimed Shot. I push this out as much as possible, allthough I spit out a Chimera when it's off CD. It has been some discussion on wether you should use Serpent Sting and ChimShot while in Rapid Fire, or only spam Aimed Shot. I find my dps going up when I use Serpent and Chimera shot, so I tend to use this from the beginning.
Other than that, it's basically to keep up the Steady Shot buff, and doing Aimed Shot as long as Chimera is on CD.

Alts:

Nerfus - 85 Undead Priest (Dunemaul)
Stabatha - 85 Human Rogue (Azjol-Nerub)
Bubblehead - 85 Human Paladin (Azjol-Nerub)

Professions:

My professions are skinning and leatherworking. I tend to collect on patterns, and I have the most of all patterns ingame at the moment. The epic cata patterns are in my LW aswell, but that's ofcourse not that important any longer.

Leatherworking - 525
Skinning - 525
Archeology - 525
Fishing - 525
Cooking - 525
First Aid - 525

Raid Experience:

To tell you all about my raiding experience would make a hell of a list, so I will make it short.
I have been playing WoW since vanilla, allthough I didnt participate greatly in TBC.

Back in the 60 days I cleared Molten Core, BWL, and some AQ with the hordeguild "Forsaken" on the Boulderfist server. Back in those days I was playing an Undead Warlock.

In TBC I was on and off, and only raided some Karazhan and TK / SSC. No great experience from that patch, it didnt impress me that much tbh.

In Wrath of the Lich king I hooked up with Fruitbat, a druid currently in Iron Edge. We played in a guild called Immortal on Dunemaul, and we did some Naxxramas. After the Ulduar patch hit, I quit for a while, and when I came back, I found myself not to be all that crazy for Ulduar. So I didn't raid that much those days.
After playing semi for a while, I hooked up with my RL friends at Azjol-Nerub. We did Icecrown Citadel 10 man, and we managed to get 11/12 HC kills in there.

We transfered to Alliance right after Cata hit, because we did not have enough raiders, and we always had problems with getting enough people to raid.
These are the guys I currently raid with.

Previous Guilds:

Immune @ Bloodfeather - Guild split up
Forsaken @ Boulderfist - TBC hit, and I decided to quit WoW. When I came back, the guild was split up.
Immortal @ Dunemaul - The guild slowly ran out of raiders.
Untitled @ Azjol-Nerub - The guild I am currently in. Why I want to leave: These are real life friends that I have been playing with for the last couple of years. I find myself way more hardcore than the rest, and I want to step up my game to a guild that fits me better. We have downed all the bosses in Cataclysm on normal mode, and Halfus HC, which is a total joke in HC mode. Another reason that is relevant to mention, is that I feel a bit tired of only going 10 mans. I miss the 25 man raids, AND I want to do more heroic-modes. I have told them that I'm thinking about leaving, so this should not be a problem.

Availability:

This could be a bit hard to explain. A couple of weeks ago, I got offered a new job, which is on a platform in the Northsea (Norway). This is an offshore job, which means that I am at home 4 weeks, and on the job for 2 weeks. To tell it short, I can raid 4 out of 6 weeks.

The days that I raid on doesn't matter, because when I am not on the job, I can play when I want. But as said, the two weeks I am at my oil-rig, I will not be able to play.

Communication:

I can talk english almost fluently, allthough I probably need some practice after playing with Norwegians for the last couple of years, hehe.
English was always my best class at school. Both in writing and oral.

Teamspeak is not a problem at all, allthough I am used to ventrilo. I have a microphone, ofcourse.

Internet Connection:

My computer is okey, I dont tend to have any FPS issues.
My internet is stable, allthough I can not guarantee that I will not disconnect once in a while. At best, I have around 60 MS.

Addons/UI:

Elv UI.

Other Games:

None.

Why Iron Edge?

Back in my Dunemaul days, I always heard great things of Iron Edge. I know you are a VERY decent guild, and I want to be able to play with skilled people.
Also I know Fruitbat, whom I played with before.

+ I love UK'ers =P You guys are funny as hell.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I know I can offer you guys a great hunter, with great damage. You will not get a halfway player that dont know fights and encounters, I read up on tactics and watch a shitloads of tankspot-movies and so on.

I'm a positive individual, and I can bring laughter and skills!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

All around the Dunemaul Community.

Last Words?

So well, I guess I'll sum it all up here.

I want to be able to play with a 25 man guild, and do heroic modes. I have heard alot of great things about you guys in earlier days, and I would love to be a part of your great gaming community. I have been thinking a long time of applying to a 25 man HC guild, because unfortunately I find myself bored in a 10 man semi-casual guild. The guys that I play with are my friends, but they only seem to show up for raiding. I find myself way more hardore, I do achievements, pvp, and play the game to the fullest. I am tired of being in a semi-casual guild, to just sum it all up.
I would LOVE to have a go in Iron Edge!

I hope for a positive answer. If you decide to give me a tryout, I can guarantee you will not regret! :)

PS: I would just as much apply to the Hardcore raid, but I guess thats not an option for me when I only can raid 4 out of 6 weeks. (Explained earlier)

Kind regards
Naelia

June 26, 2011, 07:35:54 pm
Reply #1

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

Re: [Casual Raid] Hunter (DPS) - Naelia (XR)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 07:35:54 pm »
Really nice application, good luck!

I don't se a problem with you being away 2 weeks at a time, let's see what the officers has to say ;)

June 26, 2011, 07:38:28 pm
Reply #2

Offline Naelia

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07:38:28 pm »
Thank you ! :)

June 26, 2011, 10:38:52 pm
Reply #3

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:38:52 pm »
Need more Norwegians yo, where in Norway do you live?

Application looks good. If you can keep near 100% attendance for the 4 weeks when you're not working, it could work out!

June 26, 2011, 10:43:22 pm
Reply #4

Offline Naelia

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:43:22 pm »
Hehe, I see! Live in the western part of Norway, close to Bergen.

Ye, got 4 weeks off when I'm not working, so will have no problem attending raids during that time.
All I do besides playing wow is hitting my drumset, working out during early hours, and some social ofcourse. But I have alot of time on my hands to spend on WoW =)

June 26, 2011, 11:11:16 pm
Reply #5

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 11:11:16 pm »
would 2 raids a week be enough for you? (: missing 1 out of 3 raids will prob leave you behind in terms of gear also we have to teach you the way we do a boss for the ones you miss. only being able to join 66% of our raids is as you prob know a huge problem that being said, you are maybe an awesome player so i cant see why we shouldn't be able to at least give you a short at it(this is not a final decision as I've not talked to anyone else about it yet)
when are you going out to the platform again?

June 26, 2011, 11:32:19 pm
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 11:32:19 pm »
I up for trialing you. but you should know that on a progression boss you might be first in line to be set on standby if you have just been away for four raids.

Bears like alts!

June 26, 2011, 11:35:05 pm
Reply #7

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 11:35:05 pm »
Hey,

Awesome application, one of the best if seen for the casual raid in a while.

Ill have a chat with some of the other casual raid officers to see if it will work with the attendance issues.

Will have an answer for u soon.

GL

June 26, 2011, 11:48:23 pm
Reply #8

Offline Naelia

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 11:48:23 pm »
Thanks alot for all the positive feedback :)

Ofcourse, it's an issue with only being able to raid 4 out of 6 weeks. That being said, I consider myself a very fast learner, and I try to read posts / watch videos of every encounter. I have internet on my platform, so I can still keep myself up to date, even tho I may not be able to play. But ofcourse, I understand this may be a problem, unfortunately.

And ye, I understand I may be benched ofcourse. If it had not been this way for me, with the offshore work, I would have applied for the hardcore raid, no doubt about it.

Looking forward to your answer =)

June 27, 2011, 11:35:35 am
Reply #9

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 11:35:35 am »

when are you going out to the platform again?

June 27, 2011, 11:56:57 am
Reply #10

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 11:56:57 am »
Dolphin Drilling

I'm sorry, but I laughed pretty hard at this one.
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

June 27, 2011, 12:08:26 pm
Reply #11

Offline Naelia

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 12:08:26 pm »
Oh sorry, forgot to answer you tronz.

Seeing I just got the job-position, I havent got a steady 2:4 rotation yet, so it's not 100 % certain when I will leave offshore again. I believe it's next week. This is only slightly uncertain because I just received the job, I will be in a steady rotation very soon.

I will of course keep the guild posted on this issue.

Haha, Dolphin Drilling ye. Rofl =) we be drilling for dolphins mon

June 27, 2011, 01:39:20 pm
Reply #12

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 01:39:20 pm »
try and be online at 8 tonight. ill see if we can fit you in for a try or two (: very unlikely tho.

June 27, 2011, 01:49:35 pm
Reply #13

Offline Naelia

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 01:49:35 pm »
Oh well, even though the chances are slim for a try, I'll start my transfer now.
Let's hope I'm at Dunemaul tonight :)

Nick: Longjacket

June 27, 2011, 02:40:15 pm
Reply #14

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 02:40:15 pm »
Haha, Dolphin Drilling ye. Rofl =) we be drilling for dolphins mon

I was thinking more of the lines of drilling dolphins as in... well you know..
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:17:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

333 Guests, 0 Users