Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Hoassnig (XR)

January 03, 2016, 02:32:19 pm
Read 11544 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Hoassnig (XR)
« on: January 03, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Hoassnig
Server: Stormscale
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Stormscale/Hoassnig/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello! I am Thomas Greenhalgh, aged 26. I am an English Teacher in a high school in the united Kingdom and have done this for 4 years now.

Class/Spec:

Marksmanship is my main spec, with beast mastery as my second. I favour marksmanship as it has very competitive single target dps and is very mobile.

I will begin with stats.
Firstly, I prioritize weapon damage, then agility and critical strike damage. Next, I would look for items with multi-strike on them, as well as critical strike, in order to maximise my dps.

For my rotation, I would keep chimera shot on cooldown, as well as focusing shot for single target dps fights, while dumping focus with aimed shot. I use steady shot to build focus in order to ensure that I always have enough focus to spend my thrill of the hunt procs or a chimera shot, should it be off cooldown. My main dps cooldowns are Stampede and Rapid Fire. I aim to cast these as many times as possible in a boss fight to maximise their usage. I also try to line up my cooldowns with bloodlust, or another raid cooldown such as ring usage to further exploit their potential.

However, I am always open to suggestions and comments. Being a teacher allows me to be great at taking constructive criticism and I am looking forward to your other raid members being able to take me through other strategies and ideas to aid me further.

Alts:

I have an Alliance alt called Blazeybones on Ravencrest who I used to raid heroic with in Mists of Pandaria. He is level 90, as I decided to focus solely on maximizing my potential with my hunter.

Professions:

I have 700 Jewelcrafting in order to craft Immaculate gems that allow me to make some gold and socket any items quickly and during a raid with the best possible gem. I recently opened up a profession slot as I feel that this will be beneficial to guilds who are looking for a specific profession.

Raiding Experience:

I have currently cleared Hellfire Citadel 13/13 on Heroic difficulty. I have several clears on heroic and I am currently 2/13 Mythic (Hellfire Assault and Kormok).

Previous Guilds:

I have only been in one guild on this character and they are called the German Sausage. I have got to 13/13HC with them and 2/13 Mythic, however, I am looking progress at a faster rate and they do not have the same drive that you seem to have. I am not a guild switcher - I want to be a part of a family in a guild.

Availability:

I am available on the nights that you have mentioned. If there is a commitment that i must fulfill that will not allow me to raid, you will be informed a long time in advance.

Communication:

I have all of the above! I do use my microphone, although i keep comms clear during the pull to ensure maximum focus. I can communicate when it is needed though.

Computer / Connection:

I have no connection issues whatsoever!

Addons/UI:

My addon list:
DBM - Very useful for timers from bosses.
Dominos - customisable and easy to keybind.
Grid - Customisable raid frames, allowing me to see raid buffs and debuffs clearly.
Need to Know - Great for helping me to track procs. As seen in my UI, this helps me to focus my eye to the centre of the screen.
Shadowed Unit Frames - Good for displaying buffs and debuffs.
Skada - Helps me to keep track of damage and healing.
Tell Me When - Tracks my cooldowns and displays when certain cooldowns are going to be available again.
Tidy Plates - Allows me to see add aggro and display buffs to bosses and adds.
WeakAuras - Easily modified and shows buffs and debuffs clearly.
Exorsus Raid Tools - Brilliant addon for helping to coordinate positions for bosses such as Kormok in Mythic where each member needs a certain position to soak.

These are the main ones!

here is the screen shot of my ui: http://imgur.com/gallery/KPch7Uo/new

Other Games:

I tend to just stick to WOW at the minute, but I also dabble in league of legends to improve my gaming ability overall.

Why Iron Edge?

I believe that your guild has the dynamic that I am looking for. I have done a lot of research prior to putting in this application and I have found that your guild prioritizes progression, friendliness and drive. I also like that you raid twice a week as that highlights how focused you are and how you are efficient. This is a guild that I would love to join.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I believe I would fit right into a guild that embodies these things. I can offer competitive dps, a willingness to learn and improve, as well high knowledge of mechanics and fights. I have good experience and I am a regular player who maintains 100% attendance, therefore I can always raid when you need me to!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wow progress is where I heard about you.

Last Words?

Thank you for considering my application to your guild and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Please feel free to whisper me to chat in game. My battletag is: Adder#2280.

January 03, 2016, 06:28:06 pm
Reply #1

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Hoassnig (XR)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:28:06 pm »
Hi there, remember to make an account on the forum so you can answer any questions we have to the application.

Bears like alts!

January 03, 2016, 08:03:51 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:03:51 pm »
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the apply, only things I'd like to say is do you have any logs to show? We currently have a lot of hunters iirc we are at 5 already so excuse the pun but survival of the fittest comes to mind.

Good luck on the application.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 03, 2016, 10:22:57 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »
Very nice application, decent gear too!

There's definitely a lot of competition in the hunter space right now, so let's see what our ranged officer has to say.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 04, 2016, 09:03:46 am
Reply #4

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 09:03:46 am »
Howdy,

Gear is on the low side honestly, experience in Mythic as well. As Vej said ''Survival of the fittest'' I fear you would have quite the difficulty keeping up with the more experienced and geared Hunters we have.

A bit of a bonus question as I did not see anyone raising it, sup w/ no second spec? And I mean you don't even have the duel specs learned from my point of view. Truth is as a Hunter you don't need a second spec now that MM is king, but you never know what we may need.

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

January 04, 2016, 09:10:09 am
Reply #5

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 09:10:09 am »
Oh an English teacher, thats all i need. (#yoda)

January 04, 2016, 09:16:18 am
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 09:16:18 am »
Pardon me if i state the obvious, but in the title of the app, there's an "XR".

Does that mean you intend to join cross-realm, without transfering and joining us on Kazzak?
Ba dun tss!

January 04, 2016, 02:47:13 pm
Reply #7

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »
Pardon me if i state the obvious, but in the title of the app, there's an "XR".

Does that mean you intend to join cross-realm, without transfering and joining us on Kazzak?

Not sure if srs :o

January 04, 2016, 03:24:00 pm
Reply #8

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 03:24:00 pm »
dont know if troll or not...
*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

January 04, 2016, 04:22:41 pm
Reply #9

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 04:22:41 pm »
Xormn, lay off the glue sniffing man

January 04, 2016, 04:39:08 pm
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 04:39:08 pm »
He says that he wants to join the guild and raid with us. I think migration is implicit.

Bears like alts!

January 04, 2016, 05:26:37 pm
Reply #11

Atlanteans

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 05:26:37 pm »
Hey Hoassnig, thanks for your application  :D I'm not an officer, so keep that in mind, but I do feel the need to weigh in on your application at this point and I have a question or two I'd like to ask if you don't mind.

Firstly, you seem like a nice guy and seem to have the kind of attitude that I think Iron Edge could potentially benefit from in the long run (Legion) in terms of prioritising progression.

However, despite feeling that it is a shame I feel this way, I must speak candidly about our current roster situation. I do not believe the acceptance of your application is good for you or the guild at large (at least in the short run), because I do not believe we have a raiding spot to offer another hunter. As to why, I think given the fact that we have ~5 hunters already, that you are quite under-geared relative to the other hunters (lack of legendary ring is a massive deal at this point imo in terms of dps requirements for Archimonde, and we can't help you get it faster or upgrade it faster - so before anyone says we could help gear you, which may be true for the rest of your gear, I must object given this fact, plus we are already gearing quite a lot of trials atm) and that you lack mythic experience relative to the guild and the other hunters, I would expect the acceptance of your application to be seen as over-recruitment especially by our current, long-standing hunters and definitely by our new trialists. Could I ask what your honest feelings about this are, Hoassnig?

In terms of your progression, do you have any pre-wod or pre-hfc progression which could compensate for the lack of current mythic progression? It seems you have only recently reached the point where you've begun clearing heroic fully (only a few clears), did you start raiding late or is this your first time progressing to mythic raiding?

Also, I do have a quick question about your UI. It seems your debuffs appear in the default position in the top-right of your screen, beside your map. Let's say you're in phase 1/2 Archimonde mythic, and you accidentally pick up doomfire stacks. How would you know you had them? How would you know how many stacks you had, and whether you would need a cooldown? Would you really have to look all the way up to the top-right of your screen? Also, how would you apply misdirection to raid members if needed?

P.S.  Xormn, you did indeed state the obvious, and I am indeed stating the obvious by pointing out that you were indeed stating the obvious. Just wanted to state the obvious for the sake of stating the obvious, don't mind me - just stating the obvious because I find it funny. Although, I do believe pointing out that your comment was funny is again stating the obvious. My bad  ???

January 05, 2016, 01:39:17 am
Reply #12

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 01:39:17 am »
I'm glad I amused you all, but this is not the first application I've seen that title is meant for cross-realm.

Since it's such a joke and I will see replies themed "chill out bruh", I'll let you all find them yourselves.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:45:50 am by Xormn »
Ba dun tss!

January 05, 2016, 07:24:29 am
Reply #13

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 07:24:29 am »
I'm glad I amused you all, but this is not the first application I've seen that title is meant for cross-realm.

Since it's such a joke and I will see replies themed "chill out bruh", I'll let you all find them yourselves.

Xorny, I ever tell u how much I love u? xD

January 06, 2016, 06:37:32 pm
Reply #14

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 06:37:32 pm »

Xorny, I ever tell u how much I love u? xD

get a room please

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:49:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

314 Guests, 0 Users