Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Inphy, F&F application.

December 12, 2007, 07:16:08 pm
Read 5696 times

Inphy

Inphy, F&F application.
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:16:08 pm »
Hello there, as you might wonder; I am not Inphyy.

I'm Caron, Inphyy's (Aka Alex) younger brother. I am 18 years old, currently studying to become a graphical engineer (sounds much cooler like that, but basicly i'm just becoming a printer).

I currently play a paladin on this realm. Almost the same name, but further than that me and Inphyy look exactly the same. That was our goal at first, to do a 2v2 with exactly the same gear, only me as Retri, and Inphyy as Holy. But the goal seemed to fail, since now Inphyy is retri, and i am prot.

Other then my paladin, I play a Female gnome warrior by the name of Eesha, on the (greater) realm of Magtheridon. I'm in a guild that currently has 5/6 Scc and 3/4 TK on farm, and working on downing Kael'thas. So 70% off my time i'm on that character.

My goals atm for this character, is to get some better gear, do some karazhan and tank heroics. My goal is to eventualy make this character my main. But those are plans for far ahead.

People that can vouch for me? Well, ofcourse there is Inphyy. Other then that, Kawe might do the same (*begs*).

Thanks for reading this, and I'm sorry for the sucky application. I'm not really used to doing application without a template.

/Inphy (Caron).

December 12, 2007, 07:27:29 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Inphy, F&F application.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 07:27:29 pm »
We're not somewhere to idle while you're not farming epics.

100% IE, or not IE!
Now I run a tech website.

December 12, 2007, 07:33:14 pm
Reply #2

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 07:33:14 pm »
(greater) realm of Magtheridon. I'm in a guild that currently has 5/6 Scc and 3/4 TK on farm, and working on downing Kael'thas. So 70% off my time i'm on that character.

My goals atm for this character, is to get some better gear, do some karazhan and tank heroics. My goal is to eventualy make this character my main. But those are plans for far ahead.

Pff, Magtheridon, greater than Dunemaul? MINUS POINTS!

I'm sure a heroics tank would be welcome for a good deal of people.
To the point though, I've had a little chat with Caron (That's your name now, I already use Inph to refer to your brother!) and I'm happy to vouch for him.

You nearly lost it when you typed that hideous lie about magtheridon realm being greater though. What were you thinking!?

Should be no harm in having him around as another casual to fit in with the community :)

Ooh, Delling beat me to posting.

Personally, as someone joining as a casual, I don't really have any objection to someone "weening" themselves off of another character. But then again, perhaps I've overlooked something.

December 12, 2007, 07:37:05 pm
Reply #3

Inphy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 07:37:05 pm »
We're not somewhere to idle while you're not farming epics.

100% IE, or not IE!

Well, i dont see this a place to idle. I've seen alot through Alex' WoW, when I was looking from behind his shoulder while he's playing. And it came to my attention that IE is a good, if not great, community. And i just wanted to be a part of that. And I do still play alot on my warrior, but that's becomming less and less.

And being a non-raider, does make you a sort of idler, right?

And kawe, thanks for kind post. And well, we have nihilum! *fanboi faints*. That makes us greater  ::) Nah j/k, i don't think we're greater at all. It's just some joke that we all like to make, because it tends to annoy people alot.

December 12, 2007, 07:39:28 pm
Reply #4

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 07:39:28 pm »
The point is more that if you're only ever in IE when you're not raiding, or busy, or otherwise looking sexy/important on Magtheridon, you're not really part of the community.

You are basically as much of a community as you put into it yourself.

We have quite a few people in IE that joined 'for the fantastic community' and don't actually talk, raid, or write on the forums.

I have to wonder... why would they join IE in such a situation? Vanity tag over their head? :)
Now I run a tech website.

December 12, 2007, 07:41:44 pm
Reply #5

Offline Inphyy

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:41:44 pm »
Delling has a point, it's either fully IE or no IE at all. But I still vouch for him, just because he's my little brother (who is seemingly taller than me).

And Caron, drop the "our realm is greater than yours!" you're still a lowly gnome!

December 12, 2007, 07:43:55 pm
Reply #6

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:43:55 pm »
I have to wonder... why would they join IE in such a situation? Vanity tag over their head? :)
If I wanted a vanity tag, I'd definitely go for

<Innkeeper>

Then try and get newbies to trade gold to me by standing in some empty building. Of course, I'd have a macro that occaisionally pumps out some NPC-esque banter.

Also, yeah, lowly gnome!

December 12, 2007, 07:46:31 pm
Reply #7

Inphy

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 07:46:31 pm »
We have quite a few people in IE that joined 'for the fantastic community' and don't actually talk, raid, or write on the forums.

Well, it's nothing like that. I do talk alot (sometimes too much), I'd like to raid alot if possible, and I'm a forumwhore.

And the only reason I don't play more on my paladin then on my warrior, is because I dont have a raid to attend to on my paladin. And finding 5-mans or Heroics is just a pain without a guild helping you out. And then I just log onto my warrior again because I actualy have something to do there.

And thanks lil' brother! :p

December 12, 2007, 07:52:38 pm
Reply #8

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 07:52:38 pm »

Well, it's nothing like that. I do talk alot (sometimes too much), I'd like to raid alot if possible, and I'm a forumwhore.

And the only reason I don't play more on my paladin then on my warrior, is because I dont have a raid to attend to on my paladin. And finding 5-mans or Heroics is just a pain without a guild helping you out. And then I just log onto my warrior again because I actualy have something to do there.

And thanks lil' brother! :p

If you want raids, you'll probably be out of luck for 25 man content here for a while, as we're more or less only doing BT and Hyjal, though there is an occaisional attune run going on.

If you intend to at some point 25 man raid here in IE, I'd have to shift my opinion to match Dell's earlier statement; 100% IE or 0% IE. You only get what you give!

December 12, 2007, 07:57:12 pm
Reply #9

Inphy

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 07:57:12 pm »
Well it wasn't my intention to go 25-man raiding at all. I ment ZA and Kara. I'd be most happy if i could attend any of those. And if i were to be geared up for BT and Hyjal. And you would actualy take me in as a raider, Then it is going to be 100% IE, for sure!

December 12, 2007, 08:29:28 pm
Reply #10

Inphy

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 08:29:28 pm »
And you all know, It's easier to log onto your char if you have a nice guild to play with. Currently im guildless, so there's less motivation to log on.   Just wanted you to know. ^^.

December 13, 2007, 07:00:44 am
Reply #11

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 07:00:44 am »
Well it wasn't my intention to go 25-man raiding at all. I ment ZA and Kara. I'd be most happy if i could attend any of those. And if i were to be geared up for BT and Hyjal. And you would actualy take me in as a raider, Then it is going to be 100% IE, for sure!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but generally things tend to work the other way around here nowadays - that, you have to be logging on enough of the time to be considered for raids, rather than the knowledge of getting a raid required for you to log on enough ;)

December 13, 2007, 09:59:23 am
Reply #12

Inphy

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 09:59:23 am »
Hmm well, i think i fucked things up for myself by saying the wrong things.

To clarify things:

I didn't apply to eventualy become a raider, although I wouldn't decline if I had a chance to become a raider.

I applied so I can be part of the same guild as my brother, and have fun with the guild, doing 5-mans, heroics and perhaps karazhan/ZA.

I do log on more to a character when I know I have a nice guild to log in with.

I do have another character (lowly gnome) which I still tend to play on, but that doesn't mean I can't be 100% IE on this realm.

But well, it's up to you if I could still be part of the guild ofcourse. And I'm sorry if things turned out other then I ment it to be.

December 14, 2007, 07:07:29 pm
Reply #13

Offline Ozymandias

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 07:07:29 pm »
Did 1,2 instance with this guy today - he helped getting me and kergash our karazhan-keyparts. Very cool guy! :D

December 14, 2007, 08:41:54 pm
Reply #14

Inphy

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 08:41:54 pm »
Thanks ozymandias. Just message me if you need more help. I'm up for any 5man. And if you can't contact me, just ask Inphyy and he'll poke me. ^^

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:09:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

126 Guests, 0 Users