Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 For Destro

August 20, 2010, 02:34:32 pm
Read 98495 times

Offline Fatalbone

• Former Member

For Destro
« on: August 20, 2010, 02:34:32 pm »
I was lurking in the forums and saw this incredible post of destro

"Not really, the strain it would put on the rest of europe would be insane, hence why most european countries are throwing money at turkey to build them up so that when they join they wont drag everyone else down.

The economic gains are practically non existant, the only plus side is a strategic global position for middle eastern affairs, and the fact that you guys have a ridiculously huge army, but i personally dont see it being any real benefit as you guys have stabbed us in the back too many times whilst in iraq and afghanistan.

Is it Turkey trying to punish us for not letting them in the EU? or will the snake bullshit continue if they are let in?

Turkey: "Hey you can use turkish territory to aid in moving supplies in and out of afghanistan and iraq!"

Nato: "Thanks bro, that will be a huge advantage in the war against terror (oil)"

Turkey: "Wtf you guys are killing muslims?!?!?! ok get your shit out of our country, and demolish the the multi million dollar american air/supply base you guys built a few months back, your not welcome anymore"

Nato: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Based on a true story"

It is just loaded with misconceptions, I felt obliged to make a thread about it.

First of all Turkey is the 17th biggest economy of the world. Which means biggest economy in europe (in b4 turkey not is not in europe) after germany, britain,  france, italy and spain all members of g7 except spain. Unfortunately it has low GDP per capita only eu country lower than Turkey is Bulgaria and Romania is a close one. Bigger economy means more trade regardless of per capita income. Anyway numbers support this claim, Turkey ranks 7th in the EU's top import and 5th in export markets. But Destro is right about economical gain we have a customs union although we are not a member because of really retarded politicans who thought good will and verbal promises are acceptable in politics.

As he says real importance of Turkey for EU is its position and army, latter being more important. I am sure you are aware that there is currently there are two different spheres of influence in the West, America (NATO) and EU (basically France+Germany). There is a lot of overlap and EU is dependendent of American military power for any real action. (After WW2 american influence over EU trough financial help and military protection for SU etc.)

This is where the turkey gets in the picture. Germany and France desires a less dependent EU and for that they require hard power (military) in additon to their current soft power (economy+diplomatics).

Main misconception of Destro is about "we" and NATO. During the Iraq invasion most eu countries condemned the American action. France and Germany was very vocal about it. And when the suppply line agreement didn't pass the voting in the parliment (a democratic backstab) there was support from the EU public. At that time there was a absolute majority party and they were supporting the supply plan it was a huge suprise for everyone. I keep saying EU and referring to Germany and France because Britain always follows the America in international politics. Always thought EU made a mistake when they took them.

I don't remember the quote from the General probably media downplayed it because it would be a huge crisis and no party would be able to bring supply agreement to parliment.

AND Turkey send troops to Afganistan they are just not sending anymore

August 20, 2010, 02:40:51 pm
Reply #1

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

Re: For Destro
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:40:51 pm »
Turkey should join europe.

We would get a nice penis shaped extension on our map! :)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:46:34 pm by Cwave »

August 20, 2010, 02:47:33 pm
Reply #2

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:47:33 pm »

For your Friday afternoon watching pleasure :)
Now I run a tech website.

August 20, 2010, 02:50:40 pm
Reply #3

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 02:50:40 pm »
I go on the IE forums to get away from Social studies class and find this :(. Its more interesting though!
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

August 20, 2010, 02:52:30 pm
Reply #4

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 02:52:30 pm »
Turkey should join europe.

We would get a nice penis shaped extension on our map! :)

You really need Norway as well

August 20, 2010, 02:56:32 pm
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »
(Archz, you're not in the EU.)
Now I run a tech website.

August 20, 2010, 03:01:24 pm
Reply #6

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 03:01:24 pm »
I don't think the EU could handle all the moustaches.

August 20, 2010, 03:05:28 pm
Reply #7

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 03:05:28 pm »
He didn't say, that map howegver, indicates it..

We're in some EØS shit.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

August 20, 2010, 03:25:45 pm
Reply #8

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:45 pm »
SCANDINAVIA LOOKS LIKE A FLACCID PENIS LOL

August 20, 2010, 03:53:19 pm
Reply #9

Offline Destro

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 03:53:19 pm »
Read the quotes if your really interested.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:36:32 pm by Destro »

I have a very huge brain.

August 20, 2010, 03:55:29 pm
Reply #10

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 03:55:29 pm »
Seems like youre hanging out with the wrong crowd

August 20, 2010, 03:58:47 pm
Reply #11

Kilizion

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 03:58:47 pm »
All of them lazy benefit leaching thieves, they caused more trouble than what they were worth, going round stealing shit all the time, raping and mugging, it was fucking disgusting. They should all be gassed IMO.

And before any turkish members of the guild get all mad at me for the above comment, step back and think for a moment before you come in here guns blazing protecting your glorious nation, unless you have seen and experienced the things i have, you cant comment really.

Ive had friends mugged, friends stabbed, friends raped and even been held at knifepoint myself by turks, so my view is a very negative and possibly distorted one, unfortunately i will always feel this way due to the past incidents.

Quick question tho... Do turks all carry knives around in turkey? cos all the turks in holland and germany are fucking pussies who cant fight with their fists, and always carry a knife on them.

You do realise for anyone to care about what you're saying or take you seriously you can't generalise and say shit like this. Not all Turks in Germany and Holland are how you describe them, doesn't matter what your experiences are. You're very close minded if you think this.

August 20, 2010, 04:07:28 pm
Reply #12

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 04:07:28 pm »
Seems like youre hanging out with the wrong crowd

Are you saying turks are the wrong crowd? How mean!

Kili, given he's talking about a specific subset of people, in this case those that he's encountered himself, I don't know if you can even really call what you highlighted in bold generalising. It'd be like if I said all the people in xyz building in my street or whatever are complete tosser.s.

August 20, 2010, 04:17:35 pm
Reply #13

Kilizion

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 04:17:35 pm »
Just sayin' there's a lot of turks in Germany and Holland they can't all be how he described them? Even if that's the only side to them he's seen.

August 20, 2010, 04:33:57 pm
Reply #14

Offline Yathezai

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 04:33:57 pm »
I live in the Netherlands as well and Turks are generally nice people. They're not really involved in the community but they don't cause trouble either. It's mostly people from Morocco and people from the Netherlands Antilles that represent more than 80% of all crime rates. Maybe you confuse those two, I don't know. It's pretty much the same on Dunemaul, most Turks do their own thing, hang out in their own guilds and talk their own language in trade chat (not all of them, but you get my point). I don't know nearly enough about them joining the EU so I won't comment on that. As long as they actually bring something to the EU and not only consume tax money from the rich countries, are financially stable and do not suddenly migrate their capital to the Netherlands, it's fine with me. We're a small country.  :P

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:44:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

239 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93