Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Wisecat (XR)

February 23, 2022, 09:32:33 pm
Read 3221 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Wisecat (XR)
« on: February 23, 2022, 09:32:33 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Wisecat
Server: Twisting-Nether
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Twisting-Nether/Wisecat
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hello there, my name is Dmitry, i'm 31yo IT project manager from small eastern europe country called Latvia. Enjoy gaming, good books, working out and playing guitar.

Class/Spec:

I started to play for paladin in early 2000's when met Diablo II. During last 2 years i try to stick to paladins in all games i can. This class really means a lot to me. :))

In WoW i usually play ret with some experience in both holy and prot. I was healing some progress fights (Mythic SLG in CN, healing some pulls here and there). Regarding prot - i don't have that much experience in SL tanking in raiids, but prot is my main in m+, so i know buttons and it should be fine if guilds will me to offspec.

Regarding ilvl. For Ret my usual raid setup is 249, holy setup for raid -  246, and usual prot setup - 249 as well. Have all sockets.

I started to play ret seriously in early Eternal palace when found my first cutting edge guild. from that periot of time till now i stick with ret. During BfA ret was extremely dumb spec almost without cd management - you just get holy power, use wings and spam spenders

Mythic logs in BfA
EP:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/wisecat?zone=24&new=true#zone=23  (killed azshara on my alt - warlock, because we used LoS dispell stat and guild required 3rd warlock for that, and my alt was best option)
Nyalotha: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/wisecat?zone=24&new=true#

In SL things changed drastically. Now ret is all about his strong 2 minute and 1 minute bursts. That actually requires some planning and management. The trick is to align all your cooldowns (wings+seraphim->final reckoning>execution sentence > divine toll >spender wake of ashes>spender etc) in 1 mighty burst to provide best damage.

Regarding secondary stats - right now ret doesnt have specific secondary stats he need to gain. Simming is best option. Only minor thin rets try to have - 21.5% haste during their burst window to get another additional gcd.

Regarding rotation - priority system, usually i analyze best ret logs to understand, how i can minmax my damage in different situations. Wowanalyzer might help sometime, or i just send my logs to some big ret daddies i know are really good.

Alts:

when my guild died (after killing Sylvanas, sadface), i was trialing on warrior in a guild called Meaningful Choice. they are 3 day top-500 world guild. but during that trial i realized that i'm not ready to commit that much into game, cause they are playing like nolife maniacs, i'm just not ready to play that much and that seriously. And realized that i really want to stick with my beloved paladin

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/execat

Professions:

Usually i max out mining and blacksmiting, but mostly cause of RP and flavour. Just enjoy it. No special recipies tho.

Raiding Experience:

•   Eternal Palace – CE (killed azshara on my alt - destruction warlock, 3rd warlock was needed for the dispel strat, and my alt was the best option)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KjYX86TCmfvhn19a#fight=last

•   Nyalotha - CE and few reclears.

•   Castle Nathria – 9/10M with 0.7% best pull on Sire.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GCZqVgBhLk42Jtfa#fight=25&type=damage-done

•   SOD –CE

Previous Guilds:

As i mentioned earlier, my guild disbanded close after sylvanas kill. Great guys, i was playing with tham during all my WoW career, guild called and "Encompass" and we renamed it to "Perplexed" in 9.1. It was very mature guild, a lot of people had families and children, and guilds core, officers and RL was just super burned out and tired and decided to quit.

Availability:

Your raid time suits me really well. The thing is that the company i work in is me and my dad's business we run together, is its not that hard to manage my time.

Communication:

Good enough to play, to make dumb jokes and to understand calls and tactics definitely :)

Computer / Connection:

no issues at all, i5/32gigs/gtx1660ti and an ssd, and internet in Latvia is one of the best in Europe. Disconnects happen like once in year.

Addons/UI:

Addons:
details
handynotes
raider.io
tomtom
weakauras
world quest tracker
dbm and/or big and little wigs (depends).

Well, details can help to analyze fight during progression, weakauras are really helpful to manage your cds, dbm/big wigs can provide essential information regarding timing.

UI screenshot: https://ibb.co/M68xp4T
IMPORTANT: When i play holy i never use default raid frames. I use vuhdoo (ofc).

Other Games:

Occasinally League of Legends with friends. Reached Diamond II in 2017, that we started to play WoW with friends together. Now somewhere in low plat.

Why Iron Edge?

Bacuse you guys like like a place, where i can find my home. Your application form is very serious, i see that you really care about people you play with. Same for me. I was playing with same people for 2.5 years, and i would stay with them. Really hope that we can "click" together.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

1) Preparation. Love to analyze logs, check videos, provide all utility my spec and class can offer.
2) No log whoring. If i am the only one who is assigned to do ST damage, when everyone is aoe cleaving and getting "da good parses", i'm completely fine with that.
3) Healthy attitude, no drama. We killed SLG and Sylvie in around 400  pulls, i'm fine with dealing stresfull situations in WoW :)
4) no problems with being benched and ready to step up during raid time whenever.
5) rare sign offs. I love raiding, and i am trying to plan schedule around it. During 2.5 years of serious raiding i skipped around 4-5 days max.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress, nothing special.

Last Words?

I'll be completely honest, i'm trying insanely hard to find a guild, and got around 50 rejections already. People just don't need ret, and thats it. Please give me chance to show that ret is not that bad guys. And thank you for patience and your time.

February 25, 2022, 07:42:18 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Wisecat (XR)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 07:42:18 pm »
Hey Dmitry,

Thanks for applying and your patience! Sorry to keep you waiting. We've reviewed your app and would like to offer you a trial!

Feel free to poke an officer for an invite and don't forget to join the discord

Welcome!

February 26, 2022, 10:48:13 am
Reply #2

Offline Wisecat

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Wisecat (XR)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 10:48:13 am »
Thank you so much! <3

I'll transfer today and will dm you asap!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:25:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

159 Guests, 0 Users