Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 TOT Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Magnaphorya

March 10, 2022, 11:31:50 pm
Read 3607 times

Applicant

TOT Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Magnaphorya
« on: March 10, 2022, 11:31:50 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a TOT Raider.

Character: Magnaphorya
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Magnaphorya
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: TOT Raider

Personal Info:

Name: Laura
Work : Veterinary assistant
School: Vet University

Class/Spec:

I've always liked playing ranged classes ( from Amazon in Diablo 2, Zyra in LoL to Hunter and Shaman in WoW) because I like to sit back like a little *itch and press me buttons. Just kidding - I can't exaclty explain why I like this type of role but it simply feels satisfying.  

I went for Ele because it's not a VERY popular spec and I always found solace in less played specs. And it's also really fun to pew pew electricity.

Alts:

Don't have any relevant alts.

Professions:

Engineering - high utility. It brings me the Frag Belt which saved my little Ele bottom many times in all sorts of fights, and when it didn't I just claimed lag! ;<> Among other useful things are the slow fall on the cloak (not useful in raids or m+ but it did positively impact my gaming experience) and the ability to craft a 262 Helm which provides me useful stats while I struggle to find a better helm which kind of is impossible becaus-NOGOODLOOTDROPSFROMMYTHICSIJUSTGETNOGODSHITMANK0R80RI2949242

Mythic+ Experience:

I've been playing the game since 2008. During all these years I took breaks to focus on IRL duties , especially during BfA and Legion where I didn't play at all.
I came back to Shadowlands to find the game in a not-so-good-state, meaning the existence of boosting communities. I had the displeasure to find out on my own skin that if you start from or almost from zero, you'll be met with a cold shoulder - I struggled very HARD with finding a spot in PuGs for either M+ or Raids. People wanted achievements from the first week (which were obtainable through boosting) and I was unable to provide those. The very few groups I did manage to join were full of people with achievements who had no knowledge of mechanics. Building my own group didn't get far as I found myself sitting for hours waiting for my group to fill.

After spending 2-3 months trying to progress through content , I decided to take a 5 month break. A week before 9.2 I saw that they banned boosting communities in-game, at least in LFG, which made me hopeful , so I came back to the game. So and therefore , here i am!

Previous Guilds:

My previous guilds were casual and the reason I left them was that they were either not taking raiding seriously enough (wiping on easy mechanics for hours on end and laughing about it) or people took breaks and never came back => thus not having enough people to raid and cancelling raids for weeks on end.

Availability:

I can raid every evening starting from 20:30 server to whenever.

Communication:

I'm fluent in english , I have Discord and can listen very well. I have both a microphone and will use it.

System / Connection:

Yup, my computer has been recently bought so it's pretty modern and has had no issues yet. Fingers crossed. I don't have connection issues (barring the very rare case of the internet company dying).

Addons/UI:

Bartender - makes my bars neat , without having too many to obscure my view.
Quartz - helps with making a nicer castbar
DBM - showing boss abilities/cooldowns
Details - shows a multitude of things that can help with analyzing my damage/healing
WeakAuras - assisting with a bunch of useful things such as marking/announcing objectives in fight
oRA3 - helps with keeping track of certain raid-important abilities
OmnicCC - shows cooldown of abilities

Other Games:

League of Legens , CS:GO , Minecraft , Hearthstone - right now all these are on pause while I focus 100% on WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

You guys seem like a very organized guild (it shows from your neat description of the community and your nicely-made site) , you seem to have a decent progress and can accept people that aim for multiple things.  You also seem like the kind of guild that tells it like it is and lord knows I needs me some criticism and spanking yo

What I can offer Iron Edge:

I will have a high attendance, will strive to improve my character both through itemization and performance during fights , will take any advice or requests happily , will farm for mats for consumables and I'll try to be the type of member that brings more chill to the community.

Where I heard about Iron Edge:

I've searched the WoWProgress site specifically for guilds on Kazzak that look for Elemental Shamans.

Last Words:

God help me. I love lamp.

March 11, 2022, 01:10:24 pm
Reply #1

Offline kodin

• Officer

Re: TOT Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Magnaphorya
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 01:10:24 pm »
Hi Magnaphorya,

Nice app!

I would just like explain a bit about the ToT raid to see its the kinda raiding you're looking for, firstly we only raid normal and heroic with the goal of getting curve. We are currently progressing normal. The idea behind the raid is a place for people to still do challenging content while not being able to play the game as much due the real life commitments.

Alternatively we have two raids in the guld that  focus on mythic progression

Main raid on Thursdays and Mondays
Weekend raid on Sundays

Kodin

March 11, 2022, 01:18:11 pm
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 01:18:11 pm »
Greetings fellow romanian, where abouts are you from?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 01:24:18 pm by Xormn »
Ba dun tss!

March 12, 2022, 09:14:59 pm
Reply #3

Offline Magnaphoria

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 09:14:59 pm »
@kodin

The reason I applied for ToT is because I came back from a few month hiatus and wanted to smoothly transition back into raiding in a casual but progressive atmosphere. Progressing on normal and Heroic sounds fine for me right now.
 I would love for you guys , if possible, to check my performance out and if you consider me worthy for Mythic then I'll gladly go for that as my next step.

@Xormn
 Heyy fellow ropoor, I'm currently in the good 'ol car-suffocated, pollution-ridden Bucharest! How bout you? :D

March 12, 2022, 09:21:46 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 09:21:46 pm »
there are a few people from Bucharest in the guild (myself included), and one from Timisoara, if i remember correctly.
Ba dun tss!

March 12, 2022, 09:48:11 pm
Reply #5

Offline kodin

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 09:48:11 pm »
I appreciate the sentiment unfortunately ToT is not a stepping stone the other raids, we are one guild but are three separate raids. If you were to join ToT I'd expect you to commit to the raid for at least a tier before seeking another raid within the guild if that is what you desired.

if that's acceptable to you feel free to whisper an officer for an invite

Kodin

March 13, 2022, 12:11:07 pm
Reply #6

Offline Magnaphoria

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 12:11:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply kodin. I've thought about your comment and one major problem that I run into often is raid times. Due to me working literally in China, getting home takes 1h20min~, and seeing that your main raid starts at 20:00 server (I get home around 20:20 server) and the fact that you will most likely dish out invites 15 minutes before the raid time , it will be completely impossible for me to make it in time. I don't think your guildies are willing to sit around or clear some bosses and wait 30 minutes for me to join the main raid, which is why I think it's sadly pointless to apply for it.

On the other hand, your ToT raid starts at a very reasonable time for me and raiding Normal and Heroic is a better idea for me to slowly get back into the game without the big pressure of performing at a mythic-level (which I strive for, but I'm afraid I'm not at that level yet).

If you think of me being being a good fit for ToT , I'd love to join that raid for now.
Thanks for reading!

March 13, 2022, 02:46:41 pm
Reply #7

Offline kodin

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 02:46:41 pm »
I'm happy to give you a trial with the ToT Raid

please message any officer for an invite to guild

Kodin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:24:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

325 Guests, 1 User
Verdicon