Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Nayto - Huntard

April 13, 2009, 10:33:57 pm
Read 3540 times

Offline NAtoBloodite

• Vendor Trash

Nayto - Huntard
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:33:57 pm »
About me:

First things first... I am not Craig (AKA cow warrior "Nato") I do know him in real life, and regrettably his main uses my gaming nickname which I've used since I was about 12 - but that's okay, he got here first :) (hence the slight variation in "Nayto")

My name is Nathan, and I am a 22 year old post-graduate information science student and part-time lecturer from South Africa. The stuff I give class in is just an introductory course into information science which all students in my faculty have to take, it's really easy stuff actually. Hopefully this year will conclude my studying career (if I decide not to do masters  :-[), and send me off into the business world.

Gaming history:

I have been a gamer since I was able to use a computer, playing things like Pharoah's Tomb and Montezuma's Revenge ;D I have followed and finished literally all Blizzard titles since that viking game (I forgot the name). Roughly 18 years of gaming is a little hard to relate, so I'll give a brief summary of the recent past. At the end of last year I played a lot of Defence of the Ancients (DotA), to the point of pubbing games and playing pickups with players from my country's national team (the clan "Bravado", who SK visited to play against). They would also sub for my own clan at times. Around that time a friend convinced me to play WoW, so I got hold of it and started playing...

WoW pre-Nayto:

I had previously watched Kagemoth (my sponsor) play many times and had wanted to play since years ago, however it only became financially and temporally viable for me at the end of last year. Anyway so I started a human rogue on Dragonmaw (in Dunemaul's battlegroup) called "Blaeric". I levelled him to around 36, at which point I convinced some mates of my to play and started a new character with them. I started a human warrior called "Tchernobog", who I levelled to 55 and started a human death knight called "Dassem". I levelled this deathknight to 80 and joined the clan, "Phoenix Legends". I raided all the WotLK end-game content for a little while, and farmed battlegrounds for honour (I've probably given some of you a hard time :P). I was going to start an arena team with the friend who convinced me to play, but it quickly became apparent that he had lost interest.

WoW currently:

At this point I started my orc hunter, "Nayto" on Dunemaul so that I could play with Kagemoth at some point. I'm currently level 57 and climbing. It has taken a little longer than usual because I'm farming gold as well - seeing as this will be my new main. I basically chose a hunter because they are really good at pvp (somewhat underrated in fact), and also I really enjoy the dynamic nature involved in the hunter playstyle.

Armoury profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Nayto
(for some reason it says I'm level 47, not sure why)

I enjoy all aspects of WoW - PvP, PvE and social aspects. I do, however, enjoy PvP the most. I'm not sure what it is about it, but I just love to PvP. Having said that I have never taken part in arena (something I wish to remedy soon). I've played all the battlegrounds and don't have too much problem in ripping people's faces off :D
As far as PvE is concerned I'm pretty competent and catch on quickly. Even when learning the current instances I very rarely wiped (once on the dance fight in Naxx and once or twice on Kel'thuzad).

Sponsor:

My sponsor is Kagemoth, we used to work together back when he lived in South Africa. We became friends pretty quickly, as we have a lot in common as far as gaming and media are concerned. We started to become good friends, but he emmigrated to England, which admittedly was really sad. This leads me to why I would like to join Iron Edge - to be in the same guild as Kagemoth. Having said that, based on the brief period of contact I've had with some Iron Edge members, I think it would be a really nice guild to be in. Also I've heard how great a guild it is :P

That's all from me, I've kept it somewhat summarized for the sake of the poor person who has to read these applications. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions regarding specific areas of my application.

April 13, 2009, 10:43:22 pm
Reply #1

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

Re: Nayto - Huntard
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:43:22 pm »
INV INV INV INV INV INV INV Please u?? 
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

April 13, 2009, 10:46:51 pm
Reply #2

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:46:51 pm »
Nice app... .
gl!

April 13, 2009, 11:34:49 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 11:34:49 pm »
Sounds good to me.

Luckily, you're not applying as a raider, like the previous Nato...
Now I run a tech website.

April 13, 2009, 11:39:55 pm
Reply #4

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:55 pm »
SO CAN HE COME IN???

EDIT: Why cant we all just get along? WHY!!!?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:27:25 am by kagemoth »
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

April 14, 2009, 01:11:49 am
Reply #5

Offline NAtoBloodite

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:11:49 am »
Yea I think level 57 raiding application would fail pretty horribly ;D

Kage has informed me somewhat on the associations with "Nato" so I'll clear things up - Just for the record :)

My name is in no way associated with the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). I'm also well aware of the attrocities they committed in the so called "Angel of Peace" operation in the Balkan area.

April 14, 2009, 01:29:48 am
Reply #6

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:29:48 am »
Thanks for the clarification.

It wasn't necessary, but still... thanks :P
Now I run a tech website.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:43:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

179 Guests, 0 Users