Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Safe Area Gorazde - Joe Sacco

April 30, 2012, 12:33:10 am
Read 9068 times

Offline Karga

• Guild Member

Safe Area Gorazde - Joe Sacco
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:33:10 am »

A great comic book about the Serbian genocide. I just read it and i couldn't end it without a few breaks. My stomach, my brain couldn't carry it. And i believe people should read it too.

Joe Sacco who is a journalist. But his success came with his comic-journalism. It helps you to realize to put yourself into the middle of the story. To imagine the brutality of war, the sickness of nationalism and how it leads ordinary people to  mindless slaughterers.

I read millions of articles, watched also one of the best documentaries about this genocide but... this graphic novel caught me so off guard.

Also a very disturbing and very good documentary.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:26:39 am by Karga »
君に魔法をかけて蛙にしてやろう。 (i'll bewitch you into a frog!)

April 30, 2012, 12:59:01 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Safe Area Gorazde - Joe Sacco
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:59:01 pm »
Comic journalism... not heard of that before :) (Well, except for the witty one-frame comics that appear in some newspapers...)

You should go to Serbia to continue your investigations -- they have a different point of view there :)
Now I run a tech website.

April 30, 2012, 11:09:03 pm
Reply #2

Offline Karga

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:03 pm »
well i am sure they have. Otherwise a human being wouldn't let this happen.
Many things can be justified in some situations. But slaughtering kids, old men, women, torturing them in most sadistic ways can not! Anyone who tries to is an extremely ignorant person, or a sick/sadistic human being. There is no other explanation.
I hope what you say about the "point of view" is a misunderstanding.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:18:53 pm by Karga »

May 01, 2012, 05:12:07 am
Reply #3

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:12:07 am »
Saying people may have a different point of view is hardly worth condemning.

May 01, 2012, 09:04:17 am
Reply #4

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:04:17 am »
Karga has clearly never been on IRC during some of these conversations.

May 01, 2012, 04:38:59 pm
Reply #5

Offline Karga

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:38:59 pm »
I have never been with the Nazi Generals discussing Auschwitz, with their sick point of view either.

May 01, 2012, 08:44:40 pm
Reply #6

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:44:40 pm »
Im not saying what they did was correct or right Karga, i just pointed out ppl in this guild have different point of views of it, there is nothing wrong with having different point of views, its one of the things we humans are allowed to have.

May 05, 2012, 10:32:27 am
Reply #7

Offline bye

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 10:32:27 am »
Karga if you're going to have such a strong opinion on the matter then I suggest that you get some reliable sources on both sides not forming such a strong opinion and comparing one entire nation to nazis because you felt yucky in your tummy after reading one of many pieces of one sided propaganda released in 99/2000 which served a purpose of demonizing Serbian people and justifying the NATO bombing of '99.

War is a horrible thing and in most cases is a two sided conflict, what do you think if someone did the stuff you talked about to your family, mother, sister that you wouldn't do the same or worse blinded by hatred and revenge? And why do you think is that you only hear about crimes done by Serbs, Serbian people, Serbian army and the other side was always the victim? Do you think that in the middle of Balkans surrounded by a countries with similar size and population that Serbs can be such a unstoppable force molesting and terrorizing everything in it's path (Bosnia, Croatia then Kosovo)? Or is it just remotely possible that it's in someone's best interest of making Serbs look plain evil in the eyes of the foreign public ? Which has been the trend since the 90s to this very day.

I'm not on some Serb-crusade wanting to change your or anyone's opinion on any Serb related matter, to tell you the truth I really don't give a fuck, I am happy with the things as they are and I don't mind if I hear "Oh I thought you Serbs are much different" another 100 times. I just think that if you want to have a proper insight in the matter you need to dig a bit deeper.
If not, well enjoy the song!

“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.”

May 05, 2012, 12:46:12 pm
Reply #8

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 12:46:12 pm »
Scumbag US. Iran next!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 05, 2012, 02:10:08 pm
Reply #9

Offline Evilblaze

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 02:10:08 pm »
I was writing a long post but in the end i don't think you'll care
about anything I write just few links i'd like to share
regarding Demonizing Serbian people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_Bosnian_War

I don't say that all Serbs are fucked up NO i'm sure that
there are serbs that are most kind people you will ever
meet in this life but as ever nation there is good and bad

YOU can't deny history mate ...

Evil

P.S. i was reading this article about this subject
it has alot of refrences and someone might like to
read it  http://www.inter-islam.org/Pastevents/bsnaEthnClns.html

May 05, 2012, 02:15:52 pm
Reply #10

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 02:15:52 pm »
Many many many facepalms atm.... Ppl having no clue about shit, reading shit half biased stories talking shit.

High functioning sociopath.

May 05, 2012, 03:28:35 pm
Reply #11

Offline Karga

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 03:28:35 pm »
If i was going create this topic 15 years ago. No one would listen for sure. I wouldn't even expect people to listen. The brutality was on rise, blood was on everybodys hands. The propaganda was on it's highest, the sick leaders were leading the country.

Now we have the opportunity to think about it in a healthier way. How the people being fooled by nationalist leaders? Don't do that please. If you keep justifying your old regime/leaders sadistic manners like this, things may occur again in the same way, maybe even worse who knows. Long story short. It's not about Serbians. It's about sick leaders acting innocent, deceiving ordinary people.

Also Bye, you're adressing me to reliable sources of information. What kind of source is that, where can i find it? I read/listened to Mladic's interviews and propagandas. Even when there were thousands of live footage, corpses of Bosnian children/woman drifting in the river, throats sliced! (the least painful death for a Bosnian civil) That sick maniac was saying on the TV that the enemy was digging graveyards and bringing old rotten corpses to the warzone! And you know what, the interviewer was believing, the whole nation was believing!
Do you adress that kind of reliable source?

You say that all the news were lies, all documentaries were lies and everything was a scenario so NATO could start bombing your country. Whatever... sounds extremely smart.

Stick your head out, go and get some reliable information by yourself. Read books, read the comic, watch the documentaries so we can start a healthy conversation. Because i am not here to insult or accuse anyone. This is not my intention!

May 05, 2012, 05:12:42 pm
Reply #12

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 05:12:42 pm »
Interesting documentary. Watched it all the way through.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

May 06, 2012, 06:06:44 am
Reply #13

Offline Evilblaze

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 06:06:44 am »
Many many many facepalms atm.... Ppl having no clue about shit, reading shit half biased stories talking shit.

enlightening us

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:39:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

280 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv