Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Mystikus (XR)

September 30, 2020, 04:46:19 am
Read 1812 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Mystikus (XR)
« on: September 30, 2020, 04:46:19 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Mystikus
Server: twisting-nether
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/twisting-nether/Mystikus
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Thomas I am 33yo I come from Germany and I am working as a Nurse in IC. So I always carry FirstAid bandages on my character, and I know how to react to the countdown of a defibrilator.
*applying for shadowlands, just returned to the game

Class/Spec:

I play all specs. Arcane is a bit lame but I dont mind playing it if its beneficial.
I am returning after a break currently prepping with guild application to go into shadowlands.

Oo? well come shadowlands, some things change. But basically Frost Is the Cleave ST Proc muncher. Giving you procs of Icelands or flurry. You either icelance with a proc which guarantees crits or you shoot icelances into flurries. Due to traveltimes your icelance hits during flurry and crits because flurry applies Winters chill. There is also Glacial spike but yeah ill keep it short. As things stand in SL Frost gets now two stacks of winters chill from flurry, which lets me double ice lance after a flurry. There also seems to be some Frozen orb builds around a Legendary.

Fire Is the burst spec that relies hevily on the main CD Combustion, mainly its about getting a crit which gives you heating up if you crit again (flameblast) you get a hotstreak and can instant cast 1 pyroblast. Basically you go pewpewpew during combust trying to get as many pyroblats out as possible, they also spread their build up ignites to other targets. In SL Fire gets Phoenix flames back but now its used to spread Ignite on demand rather then beeing a guaranteed crit.

Arcane is like a extended burst compared to fire and usually excells in ST or AOE and relys on using mana which you recharge with evocation and deplete with arcane blasting the hell out of your enemy, so it has a burn and conserve phase. Its got a bit of a rework most noteably its gonna get two stacks of clearcasting for arcane missile. There is some legendary that might let you infinitely arcane missile spam but I think that will be fixed as it seems a bit lame and frankly completely OP for PVP.

Overall Frostbolt ArcaneSplosion and Flameblast are now Baseline abilities which gives a bit of flavor back and may even get weaved into some rotations or used while moving. We've also got an ability back, I think its called altered time. Its basically a Time reversal that I place and then when I reactivate it or it runs out, it resets my health and position. This might be a very cool tool to use during some fights but I personally havent done any beta raid testing. There is also some GCD changes which i am really happy about.

Alts:

Ive got a druid on Alliance but thats not really relevant. However Ive still got my boost which I will use on a second class that Ill try to keep on par with my mage, Its prolly gonna be a shaman or a hunter depending on what would be the better addition to the roster.

Professions:

Herbalism and Alchemy. Was a good choice to prep my character for raids and make some money on the side.

Raiding Experience:

I started playing late Legion getting AOTC in Antorus, then I joined a progression guild and got CE In Uldir

Previous Guilds:

DeathWish. They are generally nice people over there. However I never felt really welcome there, I ended up pugging most of my keys and IE's because it was a bit of a burden to ask every week as noone seemed to be keen on running them. They had their preformed group and while i could always ask, I wanted to make friends there too. This sadly did not happen. Additionally while I play to have fun during difficult encounters I prefer a focused atmosphere and only listen to important things that are happening. This is quite important to me. I can have all kinds of funny interaction outside of raidtimes but during those scheduled times id rather be efficient.

Availability:

I work 10days a month in 12h shifts. I can lay out those days with some freedom and adapt to diffrent kind of schedules. Those have to be planned one month in advance and if that is the case, I never had trouble with attendance or playtime.

Communication:

TS3 Mic Discord all check.

Computer / Connection:

ryzen2700x, 2070Super, SSD for wow. yeah should suffice :)
My internet connection is decent. Its not super fast but I usually dont have issues with lags and I can maintain enough ms for firemage with around 25ms. Packet loss is also not an issue.

Addons/UI:

Weakauras
This is prolly the most important. The best thing about weakauras is, when I forget something or make a mistake I can get a reminder. I am comfortable with setting them up myself and know where to find examples for nearly every situation.

Bagnon
Bag organisation.

Bigwigs or DBM
Depending on whats used in the group but I prefer Bigwigs because it doesnt airhorn my face on default.

Clique
Easy macros I can bind to left clicking on Unitframes (Remove curse Slowfall Countespell etc)

Exorsus raid tools
Notes, assignments etc.

Other Games:

At the moment
Total War Warhammer 2
They are Billions
GuildWars 2

Why Iron Edge?

Your Raidtimes work well with my schedule. You also have a variety to offer. After my last guild experience I want to strike more of a balance between progression raiding and playing with people I could see myself getting friends with. This is important to me but something that I can only find out when interacting with them. It seems like a very stable enviroment and people with a lot of experience. Since I wouldnt describe myself as very experienced, id like to learn from people. You never know everything about wow and I can only benefit from such an enviroment. Also Phoenixflames has a very cute dog :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

While good personal performance is important to me, I think that benefiting the group comes first. If I can volenteer to do CC Interrupt or immune something ill gladly do it. If that means sacrificing dps then I dont mind that at all. I am overall a fairly relaxed person who does not get startled easily. In the unfortunate event where it comes to conflict I rather look for solutions then being angry or upset about something. This does not occur often with me, as I am always open for communication or criticism.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Looking forward to hear from you. Overall its difficult to find out wether someone is a good fit without talking to them so id like to have a talk on TS or discord if this application sounds appealing to you.
I know I dont fit all criteria listed above, and you could also say that I lack experience, fair point. However, If look at my logs youll see the improvement i made from grey to blue during the raid tier. Considering that was the first time for me raiding in an organized enviroment i think its good progress and I am by far not done. Additionally if you have any questions regarding the logs Id be happy to go over them in detail and explain my actions and decisions.

October 04, 2020, 07:57:57 pm
Reply #1

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Mystikus (XR)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 07:57:57 pm »
Hiyo Mystikus,

Sorry for the late response to your application. I like your application but unfortunately for the time being our ranged roster is full so I will have to decline it. Note that once we are in Shadowlands this could change so it would be worth checking in with us again at that point. Best of luck in your search for a fitting raiding guild!  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:23:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

83 Guests, 1 User
Paul