Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Battlestar Galactica

August 26, 2008, 05:45:33 am
Read 4105 times

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

Battlestar Galactica
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:45:33 am »
i cant believe there isnt a topic about this awesome show

oke i just started season 4 because eventhough having the show on DVD and watch it is awesome i cant wait for another year till that freaking DVD boxset comes out

i mean i ordered my S3 boxset in september last year and i got the bloody thing about 2 weeks ago

anyway back on topic the mini series and season 1 were just absolutely awesome... i just cant discribe how good they were
then season 2 came which was also quite good not as good as season 1 but better then 99% of the shit you see on tv these days (yes that includes heroes)
now season 3 was well meh sure it had some good bits but it also had some rather blah stuff in it
thus comes season 4 i myself only just started watching it im at ep 2 now and its allready better then most of the third season hope it continue's like that
i have to say though i laughed like a motherfucker when those 2 centurions started shooting those other cylons in that meeting room in episode 2

right so i did spot a trend in these 4 seasons that commander/admiral adama becomes more violent as of season 3 prime example when kara "died" he started destroying his little model ship and again in season 4

tl;dr: awesome show GO WATCH IT
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

August 26, 2008, 10:49:08 am
Reply #1

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:49:08 am »
Yep, nice show.

But what's really sucky about it is how frequently elaborate plot lines the show spent multiple episodes on get completely dropped in later episodes.

Looks to me they have no clue about their major plot lines/the big picture and just write the episodes "on demand". Short term plot lines therefore are generally good, but as said above they suddenly trail into nothing, as if the writer noticed "Oh my, how the hell I'm gonna wrap this up... meh lets just drop it."

Here be spoilers!

It's full of spoilers, you might wanna skip this unless you've seen the whole series up to the end of season4

IMO it peaked with the episodes where they settle on the planet, the cylons arrive and they end up in that detention center. That was quite a unique, dark theme. Think it was the first half of season2.

About the dropped plot lines that annoy me, some examples:

The whole dream sequence stuff at the end of s1 never really gets explained, thou apparently it's oh-so-important. It's shortly picked up again in s4, but still makes no sense. The discovery of the 4 or 5 hidden cylons in the fleet, which makes up the major plot line in s3/s4, suddenly culminates in one single episode. And it's pretty much "oh they are cylons, mkay. What's for dinner?" Starbucks disappearence, the s3 finale, also is never cleared up. The whole Starbuck rogue mission of s4 is use- and pointless. Instead, in the end they discover the route to Earth via a fucking talking ship that gets pulled out of nowhere 10 minutes before the s4 finale.

August 26, 2008, 02:30:41 pm
Reply #2

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:30:41 pm »
Ah, I should get my friend onto this forum, he'd give you a proper textwall about this show.

But yes, we both facepalmed at the end of the first half of season 4. (Yes Grish, you have a really annoying bit coming up...)

Mini Series + 1 are probably the best stuff on TV -- ever. Think I've said that a few times.

The budget got cut heavily for 2 and 3, which is why you don't see so many awesome scenes with all 15 of the stars on screen at once. Lots of smaller episodes, with only a few stars. Beginning of S4 feels a lot like S1 -- but mainly because they finally have a plot again.

The entire plot is 'find Earth'. So basically, they could drag the show out until they finally find Earth. S2 and S3 were basically 'finding landmarks' to Earth. S4 they're actually going to find Earth... so it's quite exciting.

AFAIK, the whole retarded cliff-hanger in S4 is because of the writer's strike. I agree, it was like the biggest WTF moment I've had watching TV. I just really hope they didn't screw up a show I've been watching for 4 years...!
Now I run a tech website.

September 13, 2008, 06:08:34 pm
Reply #3

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:08:34 pm »
just to come back here... there are only 10 episodes of S4 yet right?

also this show has one of the best soundtrack of a series i have ever seen

dont supose any of you know where i can get the soundtrack?
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:40:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

135 Guests, 0 Users