Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Your thoughts

June 25, 2007, 03:45:09 pm
Reply #30

Offline Fatalbone

• Former Member

Re: Your thoughts
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 03:45:09 pm »
 Starbrow I don't think El Quada is Arabic sure their leader is but it is founded to fight against the Soviets in the soviet invasion of Afganistan by America. America could not fight against the equality for all humans thesis( in education, health and profit) and decided to attack from the religious side and formed former heroic current terrorist groups. The thing is those group real profit comes from drug money and mafia cut in the countries from Holland, France, Sweden and Norway so I don't think they are really against the liberty. And attacking countries like America will fuel Xeonofobia(sp?) which causes fall in the profits.

Note: Funny thing about Taleban is Afganistan was number one heroine producer in the world while they were in charge and in Islam even the petty sedatives like Alchohols is forbiden. 

June 25, 2007, 04:18:10 pm
Reply #31

legintown

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2007, 04:18:10 pm »
Exactly fatal. Al-qaeda was trained by the CIA in the early 80's to fight the soviet in Afghanistan. The relationship between the Bush and the Bin-laden family can be traced back more than 20 years. Funny thing about the Bush family. George H.W. Bush's father, Prescott Bush, turns out to have helped finance the Nazis! The world today isn't about black or white, good and evil, democrat or republican. The media is so manipulative about whats happening. If you really want an eye-opener, watch this documentary by Aaron Russo:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=america%3A+freedom+to+fascism&total=734&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

June 25, 2007, 04:27:16 pm
Reply #32

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2007, 04:27:16 pm »
Woohoo, this thread's been Godwinned!

http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/g/GodwinsLaw.html

Oh well, game over.
Now I run a tech website.

June 25, 2007, 04:35:00 pm
Reply #33

legintown

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »
Woohoo, this thread's been Godwinned!

http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/g/GodwinsLaw.html

Oh well, game over.

BS in its purest form(no offense)

June 25, 2007, 04:36:06 pm
Reply #34

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 04:36:06 pm »
Actually it's true. You lost. Sorry.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

June 25, 2007, 04:44:17 pm
Reply #35

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 04:44:17 pm »
Godwin's law strikes again...
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

June 25, 2007, 04:49:43 pm
Reply #36

legintown

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 04:49:43 pm »
So what you're saying, is that because i tell you a fact, involving the nazis, it is per definition false?

June 25, 2007, 04:52:45 pm
Reply #37

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 04:52:45 pm »
Not that it's necessarily false.

Just that the thread can't really continue once the nazis have been brought up.

There's no real recovery when you bring perhaps the nastiest group of people the world has ever seen into the equation :)
Now I run a tech website.

June 25, 2007, 04:56:48 pm
Reply #38

legintown

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 04:56:48 pm »
Do yourself a favour and try to study the nazis, who financed them, who gained from the World wars, and what similarities there are to the nazis today in our society. First step: watch the documentary i posted a link to.

June 25, 2007, 05:21:01 pm
Reply #39

Offline Narbol

• Forum Member

• MROTAL STREIK OLOLOLOLO

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 05:21:01 pm »
I study political history, and the worst thing you can do is mention Nazis in such an equation. I must say that even if our intention to bring up the stuff in neutral tone, there are always people who are most likely less educated in this matter and thus always get provocated. That is why even in neutral study of history, its recommended to not mention nazis and Hitler in excessive and provocating ways. It just fails, thats the law. People always bring up their OWN OPINIONS instead of facts, and even if they are facts they CAN and ARE used in wrong connections. Mentioning one piece of history without telling its before's and after's is always questionable, it allows manipulation to one or another side. Thus I suggest no one does it, there are people who arent very critical readers and may get influences of 'badly' written references.

I take a neutral stand here, as I can say I know about these things, thus cannot take side or another. That video is propaganda, though.

-N
Murtumaan ei kristityn miekkakaan meitä saa, käymme taistoon ainiaan. Nyt laulumme Jumalille raikaa saa, siis tuoppine nostakaa!

June 25, 2007, 07:00:28 pm
Reply #40

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 07:00:28 pm »
While we are at propaganda... anyone saw "Billy"? Movie about elections day back in '68. Paralel stories about common ppl lives and all of them happen in hotel "Ambasador". Note last 15 minutes, how retarded u have to be to swallow that story?

June 25, 2007, 07:37:29 pm
Reply #41

legintown

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 07:37:29 pm »
Narbol how can you possibly say that video is propaganda? Did you even watch it?

June 25, 2007, 07:52:01 pm
Reply #42

Offline Narbol

• Forum Member

• MROTAL STREIK OLOLOLOLO

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 07:52:01 pm »
You should know that most 'documentaries' and video stuff are either hidden or clear propaganda. Visual media is the easiest way to manipulate people and its way easier to sneak in opinions and such without people noticing. The amount of 'facts' it shows us is irrelevant, its all about they way they are set up. Michael Moore is a classical example of modern media. The things he tells us are pretty much the truth, but the way he shows them in makes it very propagandic. To me it doesnt matter wether its pro- or anti-bush material, but things are clearly done to seem very dramatic.

I fail to see how this director would be any better than Michael Moore or lets say Fox News. A factual basis is present, but it loses its edge when shown in a popularistic manner. To be honest, I dont see either this Russo guy or Moore as a sort of Jesus that tells us the truth. History is ALWAYS dependant on the point of view, but atleast some people try to be neutral by equally reviewing different points of view. This documentary you linked is overdone, 'sensational' and thus a non valid basis for opinions. But thats just my opinion, Im very source critical and I rather avoid sensational documentaries.

-N
Murtumaan ei kristityn miekkakaan meitä saa, käymme taistoon ainiaan. Nyt laulumme Jumalille raikaa saa, siis tuoppine nostakaa!

June 25, 2007, 07:57:55 pm
Reply #43

legintown

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 07:57:55 pm »
OK, this guy only discovered the greatets hoax ever done on USA. How the federal reserve system is enslaving the entire population(which btw he is far from the only one who have said) and that there is no law that says you have to pay income tax, quite the opposite. People are getting jailed and punished for this for no reason at all. And then you expect him to not go on the edge about this? What you would have him do there is a term for, and it's called yellow journalism.
Also, if you say that its so easy to suggest things in the media, how on earth can you possibly belive the US government when the lie over and over again in public media. You sau that media is manipulative, yet you belive all of the corrupt governments lies. WAKE UP!

June 25, 2007, 07:58:36 pm
Reply #44

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2007, 07:58:36 pm »
History is ALWAYS dependant on the point of view, but atleast some people try to be neutral by equally reviewing different points of view.
-N

Small addition to that

History is ALWAYS dependant on the point of view of the side that wins :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:31:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

316 Guests, 0 Users