Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Iron Edge needs you!

July 18, 2012, 04:22:36 pm
Read 24635 times

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

Iron Edge needs you!
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:22:36 pm »

That's right bitches, we're going to ramp up content creation and brand exposure. To do this we need all kinds of skilled and unskilled people to join in on the effort to make our website more attractive. If the website is attractive the community becomes more attractive, and we get more people playing them video games with us.

Writers

One of the glaring holes in our content creation is the news site. There needs to be an update at least weekly on our front page. We need several writers willing to commit to at least one article per month. Just about anything is cool. World of Warcraft news and or progress. Other games, guides, funny posts, news. Main thing is to write a decent post every month.

I'm going to be providing Starcraft related stuff, along with perhaps the dota power rank if we start doing in-house 5v5s again. In addition I might write about mafia and events that I run.

We need people to write about wow, to write about dota, hell we need someone to write a nice article about edgefest and how awesome it was. If you want to write about other games that's cool too. Steam sales guides? tech guides? everything works.

If you think you can write one nice article per month. Let me know in this thread!

Streamers

Another way of adding exposure to our guild and brand is to have people actively streaming. Currently we have a pretty nice box that checks whether a stream is online or not, but we only have 4 streamers in iron edge. Vorte just got an upgraded connection and should be able to stream soon. I will probably resume streaming next month or so.

But we need more people to step up and stream. If you're able to stream, leave a link in this thread to your stream, and we'll add you to the list.

If anyone needs help streaming, come by on IRC and there'll probably be plenty of people able to help out getting you started, or at least giving you the resources for starting out.

Artists

Those are very important right now. We need all kinds of Iron Edge related artwork to use in our content. Off the top of my head we need the following:

Iron Edge square logo (possible ie in the rusted font?) for twitter etc
Iron Edge TV logo
Iron Edge small logo (for use in steam profiles) (possibly same as twitter one)
Overlays for our streamers (logo, text to our website and twitter)
General artwork (more versions of the banner, cool pictures for our writers)
Event related artwork (we had excellent graphic brackets by kawe for one of the sc2 tourneys)

Basically, if we have a few people willing to spend some time on delivering artwork for IE, that would be excellent. This is an area I cannot help with at all, being completely retarded with images. There's going to be projects that need artists in the future.

People

More than anything we need people to wear that Iron Edge tag proudly. Here's a list of things you can do to help, without actually doing much.

- Hang out in IRC (#iron-edge on Quakenet)
- Hang out on TS (ts3.iron-edge.co.uk)
- Post on the forums!
- Play video games, and do it within IE (wow in ie, hang on ts while playing other games)
- Follow us on twitter (@ironedgeguild)
- Wear our logo in your steam profile
- Tell your friends about us
- Join in on guild activites. Play in our tournaments and forum games. Raid if you can.

Come on people. Let's make IE even better.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:29:09 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

July 18, 2012, 05:11:24 pm
Reply #1

Offline Hellfighter

• Community Member

Re: Iron Edge needs you!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:11:24 pm »
IE t-shirts? :D

July 18, 2012, 05:14:10 pm
Reply #2

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:14:10 pm »
Trolls are awesome!

July 18, 2012, 09:50:19 pm
Reply #3

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:50:19 pm »
Fuck yeah #1 EU/WORLD
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

July 18, 2012, 10:08:22 pm
Reply #4

Offline mayx

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »
Maybe a new recruitment section should be made for general community members, since there is only applicants from the WoW up to here.
`A man with no skills can be taught, a man with no honor has nothing!` -Kung Fu: Caine
`The things we touch have no permanence. My master would say: there is nothing we can hold onto in this world. Only by letting go can we truly possess what is real.` -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Li Mu Bai

July 18, 2012, 10:50:16 pm
Reply #5

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 10:50:16 pm »
This is just the kind of thing I would be interested in participating in!

Problem is that I'm not updated on the games front, I'm not technical about the games I play and I certainly don't know first thing about hardware. How about we get some sponsors up in here to set us up with pre-release copies of games to playtest, and I would write up huge, massive texts on them!

Alternatively I could do a column where I try (and inevitably fail) games that I haven't tried before. That way I could contribute to the community while remaining a technologically challenged retard.

I rule myself out for streaming and artistic stuff because I fail at that too, and not in a funny way.

People should definately sign up for this, and give it an effort. We want this multigaming community to grow and make new friends, and this is a way to go about just that!

I would type something up right now, but I don't have any new games to fail at, sadly. If I could get input on what games to try, I'll give it a go!

July 19, 2012, 12:00:49 am
Reply #6

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 12:00:49 am »
Great initiative, Palmar! I've tried to make my stream more attractive, but I've had some recent setbacks :p I probably won't be able to stream for 6-7 months!

Vorte should be able to pick up where I left, I think that a lot of the drunken pubstomps us scanditards have had would've been a great show xD

Our recruitment section definitively need a lot of work, wow is dead! :p

July 19, 2012, 12:11:56 am
Reply #7

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 12:11:56 am »
PC seems to have a hard time handling streaming, I'll fiddle with it and see if I can make an OK 480p thing work..

As for writing, the International is coming up, should be lots of dota material to write stories on there!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

July 19, 2012, 12:15:26 am
Reply #8

Offline Elevate

• Former Member

• http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ahn%

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 12:15:26 am »
I'm just a little orc warrior, what can i do. I think i am the only LoL player in IE atm ^^
i can solo it!

July 19, 2012, 08:01:31 am
Reply #9

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:01:31 am »
I dont think Dota streaming will get you any new members since on your streams there are usually only few ppl watching and most of them if not all are from guild.
Im saying that because Dota community is kinda wierd and in most situations rude, and they only fallow best of the best.
Almost all of us joined IE while playing WoW and that was the best option for gethering new members for community, sadly IE WoW died (im still not sure whats gonna happen with B raid).
I really like the idea of writing News from all gaming fields since we need to keep this forum going somehow. Iron Edge forum is always the first thing i open when i turn on my PC but lately i have a feeling that if i check it every month i wouldnt miss much and that makes me sad :(
Our best chance now to get new ppl to join our ranks, concedering that we mostly play Dota2 atm is to approach to friendly ppl that you meet while laddering and point them here(and use same principle in every other game, excpet LoL, we dont want LoL here! :)).
Another thing we need to do is try to organise more 5v5 IE Games, more powerranks, etc.
Im here to help with everything that is in my powah, i cant write good articles but i can give informations to people that are willing to write them, we can communicate on TS/IRC and im sure that it will be helpful.
Again great initiation.

emo? >3

July 19, 2012, 10:51:34 am
Reply #10

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 10:51:34 am »
Im saying that because Dota community is kinda wierd and in most situations rude 8)

Yup. Dota is for noobs anyway. Hahaha.

I will be playing Guild Wars 2 quite heavily when it is released. Unfortunately I am moving during the headstart weekend, but I am doing my best to make sure I have some kind of internet connection available for that.
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

July 19, 2012, 11:43:17 am
Reply #11

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 11:43:17 am »
Yeah Surim, I was thinking about GW2 abit. I have no idea how the GW community/guild structure worked, but that might be a good fresh pool to promote IE in.

July 19, 2012, 11:58:29 am
Reply #12

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 11:58:29 am »

July 19, 2012, 12:04:19 pm
Reply #13

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 12:04:19 pm »
I'm not 100% sure on the guild structure for GW2, but in GW1 there was a limit to 100 accounts per guild. If you were in a guild with one character, all your characters would be in that guild. There are also alliances, which is multiple guilds joining together to form an alliance (obviously).

Haven't played much during the last beta's as I have been waiting for release to keep everything fresh. Perhaps someone else has more information on this.

But yeah Yoica, GW2 would probably be the next best thing to promote IE on (or move IE off of Turkmaul)
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

July 19, 2012, 12:57:14 pm
Reply #14

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 12:57:14 pm »
Im working on an article on my experiences with pokemon on beta.

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:55:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

337 Guests, 0 Users