Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Teztament

March 05, 2019, 12:16:43 pm
Read 3494 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Teztament
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:16:43 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Teztament
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Teztament/advanced
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

My name is Kris O. Ekström and I'm a 33 year old gaming veteran from Sweden. I don't work right now but starting a new job in April as a logistic manager at a friends company.

I use to be a complete daredevil but over the years I've grown softer and more humble and the consequence mindset has grown in me. I don't jump the edge without thinking anymore.

I like travel, explore, adventures, new places and new people. Also been riding snowboard and longboard almost my entire life.

I work out 2-3 days a week to TRY stay in shape hehe. Most of my free time I spend in game playing WoW. Doing M+ or raiding or just hanging on discord with friends.

Honest, humble, loyal and transparent are words that would describe me well.

Class/Spec:

I played War DPS up until BoD and played War DPS for over 13 years. Recently re-rolled to DH so I have not really gotten into the Tank spec of it yet. Anyways!

I play Demon build (1/3/1/3/2/1/1) might change T102 from Trail of Ruin to Fel Barrage on a bosses like Oppulence but that's about it.

I like it way more than the momentum RNG build and their both equal DPS wise and sim almost exactly the same. So it's a matter of taste and I'd choose Demon build over Momentum any day.

My current iLVL in DPS gear equipped is 409.

DH Havoc is pretty straight forward.

Vers, Crit, Haste Agility, Mastery.

There's no breakpoint for Havoc currently and stats remain relatively similar regardless of your gear state.

When it comes to rotation. Always dance 2 times during the 8 sec meta from Eyebeam. Demon's Bite to funnel Fury and then just Chaos Strike as much as possible. Blade Dance on CD and then just keep doing Demon's Bite to gain Fury and Chaos Strike to Dump.

Alts:

Main alt : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/tarren-mill/Kelldhar

2nd alt : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/kazzak/Havanna

3rd alt (up and coming) :https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/stormscale/Futurez

Professions:

I'm a engieeer since forever. Mostly since I do a lot of mount runs etc it's nice having portals around the world. Also am a Alchemist for the 2 hour flask buff and for crafting pots in general.

Raiding Experience:

Classic World of Warcraft :

Raided MC/BWL/AQ20/AQ40 with <Curse> on Stormscale / Horde as Fury. they then fell apart and leaders + other good players formed new guilds (Rapid Eye Movement, Insert Coin) and I took a break as my motivation died with the guild split. Sadly I missed out on Naxx.

The Burning Crusade :

Did comeback just before release, played almost the entire expansion. Raided on Stormscale / Horde with <nam> as Fury. Did full clears to SWP release. Did Lady Vashj pre-nerf, Kael'thas Sunstrider pre-nerf, Illidan Stormrage pre-nerf. I then took a break as I had a lot going on in school that I had to put all my focus on which lead to the miss of SWP and the sacrifice of WoW and raiding.

Wrath of the Lich King :

Came back around Trial of the Crusader, this time I went Chromaggus / Alliance to join some friends and their guild. We did all bosses Heroic except Anub'arak who actually caused a guild split due to the lack of interest of wiping more and not seeing any progress leaders decided to join forces with another top guild on the server at that time and our guild <First Cohort> died.

I then migrated with some of my friends + other players to a dead realm (Lightning's Blade) and formed a guild called <Minority> where we did Ulduar full clear and even got a late server first on the Yogg 0 keepers. We then ventured into ICC where we cleared everything up to LK25HC. Sadly we never got him down and at the same time as this progress was at hand I got a new job in another country which was an exclusive offer so then again I had to sacrifice pixels for real life and so I did.

Cataclysm :

Came back very late, around DS release where I joined with a guild on Xavius / Horde called <No Progress> we progressed the entire tier and cleared it. Did a late clear in FL25HC aswell but not during the release.

Mists of Pandaria :

I played the beginning of MoP but was so bored of the tier that I decided to PvP instead to try reach some of my goals. I formed a RBG team with some real veterans I knew and in Season 13 we did 2485 Rating and got ourselves the Rank 14 aka "High Warlord" title. This was around the end of Throne of Thunder and the release of Siege of Orgrimmar. I thought SoO looked awesome and I wanted to PvE again. After being burned out on the PvP front I migrated to Shattered Hand / Horde and joined <Grimsoul> a world 100 guild at that time. We progressed and cleared the entire tier from release until end and announcement of Draenor.

Warlords of Draenor :

Did not play much here, only PvP. Was very focused at my real life and my new job so had no time to play only casual. Did 2500 in 3s as Turbocleave. Joined <Fatalis> 3 month's before Legion and cleared the current content, just to get it done nothing special (nor was it Cutting Edge).

Legion :

This expansion was my baby, I played for about 8 hours a day the first year. Cleared all raids on Mythic with Cutting Edge progress. World ranks from 150-300 on the boss kills. Started in <Fatalis> on Alliance did up to 2/3 ToV Mythic with them when I decided to go Horde. Played with <Repose> to Gul'dan Mythic left them there cuz it was a complete disaster and very toxic players. Decided to join a 2 day raiding guild and got a offer from <Essence> one of the top 2 day raiding guilds at that time. Played with them until guild split which was around 6 bosses into ToS Mythic. After guild split I joined up with <UnknownError> and cleared ToS but left shortly after due to some RL problems (no internet for about 2½ weeks). Got booted from the raiding team as I was away, joined <Equity> when I came back and played with them until 7/11 Antorus where I just decided to take a longer break... Came back 1½ month before BFA release, got "Cutting Edge" Argus Mythic from the guild <Equity> I was randomly on one night and they asked if I could come DPS and I said sure, got myself "Titanslayer" title and finished the long term goal of getting ALL Cutting Edge achivements for Legion.

BFA :
Was not planning to play BFA at all but I bought a copy just to level and try it out, very casually. Ended up joining a promising guild, farmed for Uldir and did 3/8 Mythic together but the guild split shortly after due to EXTREME toxic leadership. Then joined SPARKS which was formed from some remaining players and leaders. Played up until Fetid with them but left them shortly after due to another toxic environment and also very slacky attitude towards raiding. Some people did not even show up during raid days leaving 17-18 people hanging and waiting.

Joined NeiGjengen which is a Norwegian guild that consists of 20+ RL friends raiding together. Played with them from Fetid and onwards. We cleared Uldir 8/8 with a Cutting Edge rank of World 504. All this was done on my Warrior which has been my main up until BoD where I have now switched to DH.

Joined Laid Back on my DH and done 6/9 Mythic BoD with them but the raid logging and non-social aspect of the guild is killing me. There's no discord hangout or social talk at all. No alt runs no extra fun stuff or anything going on in this guild really. Probably the most boring and strict 2 day raiding guild I've been in.

I demand more and that's why I'm looking for a new home. I value friendship and good times over better progress and given day.

Previous Guilds:

Read above answer for a detailed explanation.

Availability:

I play around 5-12 hours a day depending on what I got going on (Gym, girlfriend etc).

Communication:

Very social and humble dude, self centered and talkative but know when to shut up!

Computer / Connection:

My current computer is a Asus RoG 3.2 GHZ GTX9800 16GM ram with a 100/100 Fiber Optic connection. Works fine but I'm getting a new computer for the upcoming tier.

Addons/UI:

My addons : R.IO, WA2, TMW, SexyMap, DBM, Details!, Method Dungeon Tools, ElvUI.

Sceenshot of UI in combat : https://i.imgur.com/PwrjfAK.jpg

NOTE: I have keybindings just not visible, played this game so long I got everything in the back of my head. Only using reactive WeakAuras combined with TMW to track procs and my cd's.

I'll give you a quick example of key-bindings that are global on my 2 accounts.

Shift+1,2,3,4,5.
Alt+1,2,3
Ctrl+1,2,3,4,5.

Other Games:

Heroes of Newerth, Diablo 3 and Dungeon Fighter Online.

Why Iron Edge?

Seems like one hell of a active community with lots of social aspects to it as well as a good raiding atmosphere with like minded people. A place for me to grow as a player and as a Demon Hunter and improve on my character over time.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A veteran player with lots of raiding experience dating back to Vanilla. A loyal dude who's always down to help and value team play over anything. A mechanically anticipated player who always looking to improve.

Also a good sense of humor and social person with a huge heart.

If you invest in me, I go all in!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Browsing WP for a new guild.

Last Words?

Not really just hope you guys give me a chance to bolster your roster and join forces with you for upcoming bosses and tiers!

B-tag : DrFeelGood#21849

March 05, 2019, 03:56:47 pm
Reply #1

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Teztament
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 03:56:47 pm »
Fantastic application. 

You've been through a number of guilds over the last 2 expansions, are you not finding the right fit?

I have friends in Laid Back, would you mind if I get in touch and see what they make of you?

Best of luck.

Tutan
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:05:04 pm by Tutan »

March 05, 2019, 04:28:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Teztmaent

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 04:28:27 pm »
Fantastic application. 

You've been through a number of guilds over the last 2 expansions, are you not finding the right fit?

I have friends in Laid Back, would you mind if I get in touch and see what they make of you?

Best of luck.

Tutan

Yea I know but it's mostly been guild splits, also faction change as I was Alliance for a while up until ToV Legion. I guess not and the ones that I find good end up dead. I liked Laid Back but it was a bit too casual mind set for me I'm online many hours of the day and rather have people on discord to talk to and you know do stuff instead of just showing up on raid days..

Yea sure go ahead ofc!

Thanks in advance, regards.

March 05, 2019, 06:31:08 pm
Reply #3

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 06:31:08 pm »
Hey Kris,
Thanks for showing an interest in Iron Edge and putting in a good application. We'll spend a couple of days discussing your application, so in the mean time please continue to answer any questions we may have for you :)

Thanks,
Shimmar
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:39:45 pm by Shimmar »

March 05, 2019, 10:50:43 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 10:50:43 pm »
Solid application although:
My current computer is a Asus RoG 3.2 GHZ GTX9800 16GM ram
made me chuckle.

Either way, lycka till!

March 07, 2019, 03:53:58 pm
Reply #5

Offline Teztmaent

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 03:53:58 pm »
Found a guild with similar progress and same raiding times/hours. Clear to Mecha last night and it felt really good. Wish you guys best of luck and sorry for the fuzz!

March 07, 2019, 04:10:13 pm
Reply #6

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 04:10:13 pm »
Good luck to you!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:05:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users