Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Soul Calibur 4

August 18, 2008, 06:26:48 pm
Read 6017 times

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

Soul Calibur 4
« on: August 18, 2008, 06:26:48 pm »
so yeah i like this game its quite good lots of fun

ima go tell you about the last match i had i was playing hilde (that would be a new character) and my oponent had a custom character with moves from talim

was winning the first 2 rounds with ease third round i lost... would have lost the 4th round to if i wasnt standing near the end of the ring and he didnt jump out the ring :) i laughed much
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

August 18, 2008, 06:28:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

Re: Soul Calibur 4
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 06:28:25 pm »
Yoda vs. Voldo.

Finally united.

August 18, 2008, 06:30:59 pm
Reply #2

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 06:30:59 pm »
have it on the PS3 so i dont have that annoying yoda... heard bad things about that guy
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox

August 18, 2008, 06:31:17 pm
Reply #3

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 06:31:17 pm »
Would be cool if you could play Palpatine and shock people...
Now I run a tech website.

August 18, 2008, 06:35:23 pm
Reply #4

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 06:35:23 pm »
have it on the PS3 so i dont have that annoying yoda

AND THIS IS WHERE YOU FAIL!

Darth Vader was hip until Hayden Christensen killed him.

August 18, 2008, 06:38:12 pm
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:38:12 pm »
Hayden didn't play Darth did he? He played Annakin or something.
Now I run a tech website.

August 18, 2008, 06:42:08 pm
Reply #6

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 06:42:08 pm »
same person dell....

anyway goza i picked the PS3 version not because of darth vader but because i dont have xbox live

August 18, 2008, 06:49:06 pm
Reply #7

Offline Guanoape

• Guild Member

• I R BATCRAPMONKEY!

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:49:06 pm »
I have it too, and it's quite a good game. However...

- online ranked matches are horrible. 90% of the people are spammers. You can block their attacks ofcourse, but the good spammers combine high and low attacks which you can't get out of. And they all use the same characters. Kilik/Mitsurugi/Nightmare/Siegfried/Cervantes. That's all I see online. I'm sticking to player matches which are actually fun

- the Tower of Lost Souls is frustrating. Cranking up the computer's AI to the point where it gets really unfair is not my idea of fun. It pisses me off when the computer chains a combo together with all 3 characters which instantly takes 75-100% of my life. Not to mention IMPACT HEAL/MASTER IMPACT/STRONG IMPACT/AUTO IMPACT ON 1 CHARACTER. SO MUCH FUN AHAHAHAHA.

But it's pretty fun overall  :)

August 18, 2008, 11:26:05 pm
Reply #8

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 11:26:05 pm »
I have it too, and it's quite a good game. However...

- online ranked matches are horrible. 90% of the people are spammers. You can block their attacks ofcourse, but the good spammers combine high and low attacks which you can't get out of. And they all use the same characters. Kilik/Mitsurugi/Nightmare/Siegfried/Cervantes. That's all I see online. I'm sticking to player matches which are actually fun

I would say 80% of players or more I play are Kilik, it's hilarious :')

I occaisionally play as my custom character MR. FANTASTICO to freak them a little. He's a huge semi naked black man with pink fluffy boots, gloves and afro and he has voldo's moveset.

- the Tower of Lost Souls is frustrating. Cranking up the computer's AI to the point where it gets really unfair is not my idea of fun. It pisses me off when the computer chains a combo together with all 3 characters which instantly takes 75-100% of my life. Not to mention IMPACT HEAL/MASTER IMPACT/STRONG IMPACT/AUTO IMPACT ON 1 CHARACTER. SO MUCH FUN AHAHAHAHA.

But it's pretty fun overall  :)

For that example, try using a character who can do a lot of chain throws/lockdowns like Rock or Astaroth, being that throws can't be impacted :]

Once you work out Tower of Lost Souls is kind of half puzzle/strat based, it becomes a lot easier and a bit more fun. Since each stage is generally designed with a certain 'theme' to the enemies' abilities, I think you are intended to create custom characters with stats and abilities to counter those of the stage. The only really frustrating one is the final level of upper lost souls... Just old fashioned hyper OP CPU with fully 2 bars hp, huge stats, unringoutable, frequent auto-unblockable procs, and a lifesteal that means if you get hit by any of his full chain combos it's almost a dead cert loss as he's probably 100% hp again. Spent hours on that one, eventually won with some heavily defense stat stacked characters. But even then was very close and painful experience.

Re. ranked matches vs. player matches, I just wish you could earn gold playing the nonranked ones too, as it's nice to be able to go spend some gold on new custom items/artwork etc. earned from playing against other players.

Tell you what though, it's so satisfying playing Zasalamel style vs spammers. As they nearly always end up moving forward all the time, you can just lure them near any edge and use one of your many many launch types to throw them away.

If anyone's on PS3 version, my username is Sych. You can add me and see the wonderful MR. FANTASTICO!!!

August 19, 2008, 03:52:03 pm
Reply #9

Offline Guanoape

• Guild Member

• I R BATCRAPMONKEY!

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 03:52:03 pm »
The thing is, I can't be arsed to make custom characters to counter every type of skill setup. I only use my custom Taki for every floor :) Made it to floor 35 or something with her.

And the Apprentice in Arcade Mode, COME ON. Arcade is a cakewalk until you go against this NASA-created AI. There's an achievement to get 450k in arcade on the 360, and it's not hard to get if you win every single round (it's like 127k for total consecutive win bonus). But the Apprentice just messes everything up. Highest so far is 444k  :(

August 19, 2008, 08:08:19 pm
Reply #10

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:08:19 pm »
The thing is, I can't be arsed to make custom characters to counter every type of skill setup. I only use my custom Taki for every floor :) Made it to floor 35 or something with her.

And the Apprentice in Arcade Mode, COME ON. Arcade is a cakewalk until you go against this NASA-created AI. There's an achievement to get 450k in arcade on the 360, and it's not hard to get if you win every single round (it's like 127k for total consecutive win bonus). But the Apprentice just messes everything up. Highest so far is 444k  :(

The consecutive win is that much?! AHGRGRHR.

After my first 3 levels on arcade as an astaroth style, I got like 75k for each level and was thinking I'd more or less need at least 1 perfect per fight to get the 450k.. had no idea consecutive would make it so easy ><

Apprentice is a pain in the ass if you're playing as darth.. no idea why but I guess apprentice style totally counters darth. As other characters he's not such a horrible brick wall.

Thanks for the tip though... that 450k points thing was looking a lot harder than it is now that I know the consecutive bonus is so good ^^; Managed 390k ish with no more than 6 or 8 rounds in a row. My problem is I tend to think occaisionally, "oh I really want to do this move now" and then end up dying trying to do it instead of just fighting normally :P

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:30:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

279 Guests, 1 User
DNZ93