Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Finest (XR)

November 25, 2016, 04:00:26 am
Read 3758 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Finest (XR)
« on: November 25, 2016, 04:00:26 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Finest
Server: Al'akir
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Al'akir/Finest/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

My name is Filip, 27 years old from Sweden. Currently working evening-shifts as a consultant, mon-thur 15:00-01:00. Naturally, this is the main reason why your weekend group is alluring!

Class/Spec:

I'm currently playing Outlaw, but I'm working towards switching to assassination. My AP has in assassination have actually surpassed by AP in Outlaw now, and my relics are close so I'll be making the switch this week or the next. Kind of waiting abit to see what specc will seem the most viable once 7.1.5 hits. Probably will keep outlaw up too, since it seems to stay better in a few fights. My luck when it comes to legendary is also legendary (pun intended) and thus I've only gotten one really mediocre, classpecific one. Even so, I've managed to push up to ilvl 882 whilst being practically guildless (and friendless) which I don't think is too shabby.

I've really only played Vanilla, very little BC, wotlk and legion. Even so I have 230 days played. That makes abit sad actually... Anyway, what I wanted to point out with that little piece of information is that I've got the basics down. I'm definitely comfortable playing my class, which I think is the most important part. As for stats, I sim the items I aren't sure are an upgrade or not. Currently trying to dump haste to make the shift to assassionation.
As far as rotation goes, I try keep it optimal without neglecting the necessary mechanics of the fight. Optimal rotation changes alot with legendaries, specc etc, so I can't give you too much info here other than that I'm not blindly smashing my face on my keyboard (most of the time).

Alts:

Not really. Planning on getting a DH tank going, but other than that, nope. Used to play alot of disc priest in wotlk but blizzard seems to have fucked that one up completly after that.

Professions:

Enchanting 7xx, aiming to get most of the rank3's. JC 5xx, really can't be bothered since it seems to have no rewards in it at all. Maybe I'll reroll it to engineering for the Dalaran AH.
Cool/special recipes? I remember farming for Crusader like a week straight in vanilla to be the cool guy in my guild. Doesn't seem very relevant now.

Raiding Experience:

Raided as rogue in Vanilla, among the first in the world to down all of MC. Slowed down at BWL, then did quite good in AQ if memory serves. In wotlk I can't really remember, other than we finished all the hardest content before new content was realised. I raided alot as disc-priest back then. shields were cool.

Previous Guilds:

I really can't remember the names, maybe I'm getting old. I remember the one I raided with in Vanilla after MC/BWL content, Chilled Out Wargamers. Other than that I can't recall at all, even though I was in 1-2 guilds per expansion (Vanilla and wotlk). The one I'm currently in I just accepted a random invite for the guild perks. Hrr hrr

Availability:

Apart from workhours I play alot. Especially during weekends.

Communication:

Both english and swedish are perfectly fine. I've also spent 2 years in Japan so my japanese is also pretty decent, should there be a need for that. I can definitely listen. I have a microphone and I don't mind using it. However, rats broke into my storage room where I had my headset and gnawed on the extender, so I have to sit with posture like a fucking penguin until I can find another one so I'll be taking breaks from it. True story.

Computer / Connection:

It handles all new games at medium settings, wow at highest. Nope. 70/70mbit. Stable. No. Njet. Noperino.

Addons/UI:

https://s16.postimg.org/ko6ge5gz9/Wo_WScrn_Shot_112516_034023.jpg
Raidframes are directly below party, couldn't get them to show up. Never seen those boss/pet frames before. Not really addon-heavy, using DBM and I'm getting a addon to track debuffs once I go assass.

Other Games:

Right now mainly wow. Used to played SC1, WC3, CS 1.6, diablo 2, dota, sc2, diablo3, dota2, hearthstone. Alot of blizzard games.

Why Iron Edge?

I miss having a guild and I want to raid. Being able to write in gchat asking "Anyone wanna do m+10?" and there being a chance of a reply from someone who isn't 817 but knows his shit really well, and, once declined confesses that he's had intercourse with my mother(my current random-invited guild). I've hit ilvl 882 and I want a way to potentionally start clear mythic EN and heroic HoV asap, fully knowing my raiding times are holding me back from joining a "normal" raiding time as of now. Should my work-schedule change, there'd be a chance to apply to your main-team, which is also one of the reason I'm sending this application. I was scrolling through wowprogress to find a suitable guild, and yours seemed good so I clicked to see the website. There was a dog there, and then I decided to apply.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

When it comes to raiding I guess I can offer stable raiding-performance(if blizzard can stop dunking us rogues with the nerfbat). I don't mind discussing tactics to push the edge, and I like to theorycraft. I would like to think I can offer more positivity than negativity to the raid in general. As I'm playing quite often, I don't mind doing the side-stuff to raiding when time allows. I very rarely fail on the same thing twice, if at all. Hopefully not at all..
When it comes to other stuff, I don't mind goofing off trying to make both my own and others time more enjoyable. I'm usually shy though. No dickpics until third raid.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

You should change this question, it sounds really omnious.
https://media4.giphy.com/media/lT2UYS6HRXPri/200_s.gif

November 25, 2016, 09:21:18 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Finest (XR)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 09:21:18 am »
Well damn.. experience, gear and a good application? 3/3, man.

How did you get your kills so far? Random pugs?
Ba dun tss!

November 25, 2016, 03:51:01 pm
Reply #2

Offline Finest

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »
Thanks stranger!
 Yeah, so far it's been 100% random pugs which is why I havn't had a single kill in Mythic EN or Heroic HoV so far. Hoping to increase my chances to change that by joining up with you guys!

November 25, 2016, 07:21:49 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 07:21:49 pm »
What's your Dota 2 MMR and preferred role?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

November 25, 2016, 10:54:43 pm
Reply #4

Offline Finest

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 10:54:43 pm »
I quit playing around the time mmr came out in dota2. Figured it'd multiply the toxicity and when I tried out a few games around the time of last TI I got that confirmed! Any role is fine, probably played more mid than anything though.

November 25, 2016, 10:55:44 pm
Reply #5

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 10:55:44 pm »
What's your Dota 2 MMR and preferred role?

Shoo! Keep him off your crack!

I'm glad you managed to get so far with pugs, and we will start pushing ToV hc soon, even mythic if we get 20+ people.

You can poke me or another officer for an invite.
Ba dun tss!

November 25, 2016, 11:37:35 pm
Reply #6

Offline Finest

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 11:37:35 pm »
Sounds really good!

Cool, now I just need to figure out how to dump some gold so I can make the transfer T.T I'll give you a poker later today/tomorrow!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:39:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

321 Guests, 0 Users