Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Vechmes

July 24, 2018, 05:43:03 pm
Read 2790 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Vechmes
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Vechmes/advanced
Class/Spec: Monk (DPS/Healer/Tank)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

My name is Yoni, I'm 24 years old, live in Israel, and currently signed up for colleges/universities to begin studying in the upcoming semester. Me and 2 friends decided to come back to play WoW recently, with the intention of raiding. We have been offline for a long time but are getting prepared for raiding in BfA and maybe some exercise on existing Legion raids once we get geared to enter.

Class/Spec:

I prefer to play Brewmaster first, Mistweaver second and Windwalker last.
I will play whichever spec you ask me to and offspec the other two, since I don't have strong preferences.

My current gear is garbage since I didn't play for the past year and haven't caught up yet, but that won't be very relevant once BfA comes out. This is also a part of the reason I apply for the weekend, less hard-core raid team - I will need some time to improve again.

I don't know the current meta for best stats for every spec yet, but I do focus on stats that benefit my role directly. For instance as a Brewmaster tank, I will prefer parry/dodge/versatility/avoidance over haste/crit chance, and as mistweaver haste/crit/vers/mastery(depending on research if it's any good) over avoidance/parry/etc.

As tank I prioritize pinging every relevant enemy first(so healers won't take aggro), applying ironskin/damage reduction, and then reducing the cd on the brews and applying secondary damage reductions such as blackout-combo ironskin or blackout-combo kegs etc.
As healer I prioritize the efficient HoT effects (Renewing mist, Soothing mist) and apply greater heals to targets who actually take some damage. I ignore self healing allies over 80% hp for the most part since they are self-reliant(DKs, warlocks, etc)

Alts:

I have a Shaman(level 110)[any spec], Priest(level 110)[disc only], and a druid(level 110)[balance/feral only]. The rest are not relevant. I can reroll into any of those if asked to.

Professions:

Nothing worthy of noting, only semi-leveled professions across the 4 maxed level characters. (mining, skinning, leatherworking, engineering)

Raiding Experience:

WOTLK all raids as a DPS DK and a resto shaman.
During the launch of Legion I played Mistweaver monk and Disc priest in the Emerald Nightmare and in mythic+ dungeons when they started up. After that I left the game for a year.

Previous Guilds:

After I left the game for intense studying in the past year, my old guild was closed and so was the guild I was keeping an eye on as the next-in-line, since they were Israel-based guilds.
With all of the Israeli guilds crashed on Kazzak, I'm searching a reasonable raiding guild for me and my 2 mates.

Availability:

At the moment I choose shifts for myself on a weekly basis, so if a guild event/raid is scheduled regularly, I will always be available.

Communication:

Yes to all. This is also true to my 2 friends. We do have a varying Hebrew accent though.

Computer / Connection:

Last year I was able to raid properly with my current internet configuration, and was able to play DotA2 with very few problems in the past few months. I believe my internet will be fine during raids and if not I will accept demotion to a social rank.

Addons/UI:

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/QWRJLWj
I use the following addons:
elvui (unit frames)
BigWigs bossmods
Clique (mouse-over targeting)
Details! (damage meter)
KuiNameplates
TradeSkillMaster (professions)
World Quest Tracker
Exorsus Raid Tools

Other Games:

DotA2 casually.
Warframe every several months.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a raiding guild for me and my 2 mates. I find comfort in having an option to back off in case of technical instabilities on my end - if I can't raid for some reason, becoming a social is not a problem for me and I understand this guild allows this.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

From a raiding standpoint, I can switch specs, roles, or class on demand - my playstyle is flexible and I will do all required research on every spec that I need to play before coming to a raid. I also tend to gear myself up through dungeons and possible out-of-raid actions and try to beat the minimum requirements before raiding starts. I have experience in raiding in the past with both cookie-cutter specs or hybrid specs to help the people who are having difficulties.

From a social standpoint I tend to make lame jokes in chat, gather loads of knowledge about specs/skills/mechanics/news and such and spill the knowledge if asked.
I'm generally easy-going, I avoid serious conflicts and touchy subjects, and I try to enjoy my time with people.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

Wow, I didn't know it was like that. Please don't kill me.

July 24, 2018, 09:29:26 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Vechmes
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:29:26 pm »
Hello Vechmes.

Firstly, i'd like to tell you that when you have some friends that want to apply to a guild, you should all make separate applications.

Secondly, we're quite full when it comes to melee, healers and tanks at the moment.

Good luck in your search!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:42:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

169 Guests, 1 User
Rash