Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - ßlueßerry (XR)

November 21, 2016, 09:41:03 pm
Read 7943 times

Offline Vagaqt

• Former Member

Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - ßlueßerry (XR)
« on: November 21, 2016, 09:41:03 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: ßlueßerry
Server: Ragnaros
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ragnaros/%C3%9Flue%C3%9Ferry/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I'm Marcel, 26, currently living in the UK, being a barmanager in Birmingham.

Class/Spec:

Feral main. Comfortable playing Guardian, currently practicing my Balance. Both my offspec has a reasonable Artifact level and raid-optimized gear.

In the curent state of feral the stat priority is the following: Crit>=Mastery>Vers>Haste. Crit helps our combo point generation, mastery increases the bleeding damage on our cat abilities, versatility is a general dps increase and finally haste gives us energy regeneration. Crit and mastery sims surprisingly close to each other, vers being not much behind. But generally where crit is better for single target, mastery excels in aoe situations.
My rotation is a priority based dot-maintaining system, where i need to maintain Savage Roar(even though SR is a talent, it's kinda must have), apply and maintain both my bleeds(Rake & Rip), Moonfire; making sure all my bleeds are empowered by certain procs (Bloodtlanos & SR) and buffs from my class/trinkets (TF/Berserk/etc). This changes in execute phase (25%>), where FB refreshes out Rip. The legendary boots is rotation-changing, making my rotation more consistent due to the proc stacking.

Alts:

Ex-main hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Vagabondo/simple
Over 170days played, most of my raid and PvP experiences comes from this character.
BrM Monk: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Vagaqt/simple for M+ fun.

Professions:

I have Alchemy with cauldron and some 3*flask/potions and maxed enchanting on my main. Nothing too crazy. My hunter is an enchanter/cook since TBC, we could probably find one or 2 rare recipes. I'm pretty sure i have noggerfogger..

Raiding Experience:

Started in TBC, Sunwell release. Pug raids, nothing remarkable.
Couple of casual guild in WotLK Naxx, then i joined Infinite Cooldown on the Ulduar release. With those guys i cleared every 25HC content in WotLK/early Care before the next patch (Cutting Edge?), except Yogg+0 and LK25, both because our raid leading team valued higher ilvl more.. Stopped in Cata.
Came back to help the guild progress out in SoO25M on Siege/Klaxxi/Garrosh. Compeletely missed WoD.
In Legion i achieved 1/7M progress with a casual guild called TeamWork, mostly casual players from the previously mentioned guild. The guild fell apart.

Previous Guilds:

Infinite Cooldown (WotLK/Cata/MoP) - guild fell apart
TeamWork (Legion) - GM got banned for botting, fell apart

Availability:

I usually work nightshifts, so i'm available 2-3 night a week, definitely the 2 raid night. And most of the days.

Communication:

I have TS3 and i have no issue with talking/listening.

Computer / Connection:

PC: Intel i5-6500 3,2Ghz QuadCore, GeForce GTX1060 3GB, 16GB DDR4, 120G SSD just for WoW
Internet: BTNet- BT Infinity - best connection available at my provider

Addons/UI:

UI: http://pasteboard.co/lg1Y3lbe8.png
In no particular order: BigWigs, GTFO, Elvui, Details, TrufiGCD, EnemyGrid, Simc(-Pawn), other QoL addons. Each addon helps me in a different way to optimize my raid performance.

Other Games:

Overwatch, League of Legends

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for an actually active guild with decent progression. I'm looking for a community like Iron Edge, where there's always enough active people to play the game. Years ago, when i was actively playing, like now, i tried to enjoy every part of the game, including high-end raiding, arenas, bgs, and even achievement hunting. Iron Edge seems to be my ideal pick.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Will to play the game. I'm not here to log in 2 times a week to clear the raids. I'd like to do M+s on a regular basis, pvp if my time allows and continuosly work on mix-maxing my character.
95%+ attendance, consistent raid performance, up-to date knowledge of my class, boss tactics/strategies.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Please note that my main specc is feral, but i have played all 4 of my spec, more or less and i enjoy all four. I'm more than happy to focus on any of those if the guild requires it, and even though right now i'm trying to get the feral 35th trait first, i would certainly say that i could get a second spec ready for Nighthold.

I look forward to hear from you.

November 21, 2016, 10:34:40 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - ßlueßerry (XR)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:34:40 pm »
The most important part of that apply is your from Birmingham!

The second most important is if we accept you do I get to find out what bar it is and get free drinks?

B postcodes represent!

Nice apply btw good luck.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 21, 2016, 10:47:48 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vagaqt

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 10:47:48 pm »
Let me just say, i have powers ;) (applicant here)

November 21, 2016, 11:27:24 pm
Reply #3

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 11:27:24 pm »
Never had that request before. Done. (good idea)

He asked me to put his account as poster on the application post.

Bears like alts!

November 22, 2016, 12:12:03 am
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:12:03 am »
The second most important is if we accept you do I get to find out what bar it is and get free drinks?

Calm down, we don't need him to dox himself to us just yet :P

Pretty good app, we could definitely use another tank. Not sure how good two bear tanks would be together though.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 22, 2016, 12:26:48 am
Reply #5

Offline Vagaqt

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 12:26:48 am »

Pretty good app, we could definitely use another tank. Not sure how good two bear tanks would be together though.

Let me just point out, that this is a feral dps apply with the potential of being able to play tank/boomkin/healer (in this particular order).

November 22, 2016, 12:33:26 am
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 12:33:26 am »
Alright that's good to know, we don't have any ferals either so that could probably work.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 22, 2016, 12:40:09 am
Reply #7

Offline Vagaqt

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 12:40:09 am »
Ohh, and i forgot The numbers : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2827524/10/. Heroic logs only, sorry for that.

November 22, 2016, 12:55:48 am
Reply #8

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 12:55:48 am »
Nice application. Good gear and spec (aside from Predator talent on the armory, but likely for WQ).

Everything looks good, nice to have another proper Feral in the guild (though I'm in a different raid).

Good luck!

November 22, 2016, 08:54:06 am
Reply #9

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 08:54:06 am »

Look it's important Rash, if I run out of alcohol during raids I need to find out where to liquor up! As a bar manager we could get exclusive access for guild meets lol, think bout it! I could than house a few people in tents / settee / spoon with me 😂
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 24, 2016, 12:37:33 am
Reply #10

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 12:37:33 am »
Hey ßlueßerry (or Slueserry, as I'd call you),

I gotta say I like your application, clear, concise and does a good job at convincing me that you would be a good fit for us. Your logs are looking good and so does your UI. That's why I want to offer you a trial.
We currently have no Feral dps and we need somebody as a third tank on some bosses (e.g. Elerethe or Cenarius), so that is what I would like you to play, mainly Feral, sometimes Guardian.

In any case, welcome aboard! You can whisper me or another officer for an invite.

January 02, 2017, 09:37:28 am
Reply #11

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 09:37:28 am »
For future reference:

From Discord:
Vagaqt - January 1st at 11:07 PM
Dear Iron Edge! I have a confession to make. I got an opportunity to play on my old server with my friends, as the OE (where Gjira is playing along with a few of my ingame and IRL friends) opened up the recruitment and accepted me to their NH roster, therefore i will be transfering back to Ragnaros soon. I'd like you to know that my decision is purely based on me playing with my friends, nothing else. I think you guys are an amazing bunch of people, and i'm not 100% happy to leave you here. I'd like to thank the opportunity and the fun i had with you guys in the past few weeks/months and i could only just hope that we can part ways in a friendly manner. Also i'd like to ask all of you, if you're interested in running M+s or anything with me in the future, please add me on Bnet (Vagaqt#1234) or just hook me up on Discord. I wish you guys only the best both ingame and IRL. I still owe the Birmingham ones some free drinks, i didn't forget that neither.

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 01:06:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 0 Users