Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Anaxe (XR)

June 27, 2023, 09:04:34 pm
Read 2645 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Anaxe (XR)
« on: June 27, 2023, 09:04:34 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Anaxe
Server: tarren-mill
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/tarren-mill/Anaxe
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Matt
UK - Leeds
Director of a Traffic Management Company. (Paragon Traffic Management).
I am a Father of 2 young kids, boy(2) girl (6). Also married 9 year wedding anniversary this October! I have the luxury of spending the majority of my time with my two children as my business is self sufficient and runs on its own with me only dipping in and out when required. I spend 5 days a week at the gym - bit of a health freak.

Class/Spec:

I play Moonkin, I have played Moonkin since WOTLK Classic, I enjoy the playstyle of Moonkin and its just something that I have never not wanted to play. I have tried to play alts and maintain them with my moonkin but to be honest id rather just play another Moonkin haha. My gear level is 443 currently. I would ofcourse have a second char up to max item level and try to master that class/spec if this was a requirement of the guild.

Mastery/Haste as Moonkin.
Rotation priority on ST is to always be in Solar Eclipse keeping up my dots & spending AP on SS. I use weak auras to help with my rotation & the dreamgrove discord & compendium is also a great place to keep up to date with all the new stuff going on. I am a regular on that discord and ask for advise when I need it.

Alts:

I currently have a Shadow Priest, Item level is around 430. I wouldn't say I am a master of the Shadow Priest, If I'm honest I levelled it because they are pretty much essential in high M+ Keys at the moment and an all decent class to have, the friends that I play with don't have an SP so had planned to play both SP/Boomie in keys to help push although currently its my boomie that is being used. It plays very similar to Boomkin in my opinion, with keeping dots up etc.

Professions:

I have Alchemy - don't have any cool recipes - at the start of the expansion I was levelling it pretty hard, it is max level but haven't been paying much attention to it for a while. The reason I went for alchemy was the duration on phials etc.

Raiding Experience:

Okay so hopefully this isn't the deal breaker. I have very little "Mythic" raiding experience, this isn't because I  don't feel I'm good enough. Its basically because for the past 2 expansions I haven't wanted to play retail wow. Classic WoW had been released and I fell back in love with Classic/TBC/WOTLK I found a home with a guild called "toads" we are on Firemaw EU where I also play Moonkin. The last time I raided Mythic was when I first joined Iron Edge back in 2019, although only for a brief period.

Previous Guilds:

Momentum Mori - Dunemaul
Iron Edge - Kazzak
Momentum Mori - Dunemaul
Quit the Game.
Long story short, I have been a member of Momentum Mori since Classic WoW (Original). We where a top raiding guild up until the end of WOTLK, then the guild started to become alot more casual. (we all got older). Momemtum Mori last took WoW serious was in Legion where we cleared a number of Mythic bosses in Antorus and stopped @ Kin'Garoth. BFA had been released and I wanted a new challenge, I was looking to get back into Mythic raiding and the first guild that I though about was Iron Edge given I knew you from Dunemaul. I applied and was accepted, I began raiding with IE and it was a blast, during this time my old GM had got back in touch with me and told me Momentum Mori was beginning to re group and wanted to also take Mythic Raiding serious again, I took a rash decision and I re-joined MM, this was a big mistake after just 1-2 weeks we stopped raiding Mythic as nobody was showing up for raids.
I can only apologise to Rash & the officers of IE who put faith in me, accepting my first application when I had 0 experience in high end Mythic Raiding, it must of felt like a slap in the face. I'm Sorry.

Availability:

I am available Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Sunday evenings.
Wed I am currently raiding Classic - If this was a problem I would stop as Retail is my "main game" (I think the expansion is pretty decent).
I have a holiday coming up on the 22nd of July with the wife & kids in Spain, this is just for 1 week, other than that nothing else planned until Christmas.

Communication:

I am English and have Discord - I have a Mic and do use it - although may take me a while to get used to some of you and know who people are, but once settled in you probably wont be able to shut me up.

Computer / Connection:

I have a very high spec PC, I put it through my business as an expense haha! I have a very stable Internet connection, currently with Virgin. Never had any lag. I am not yet on Kazzak, but would transfer across of course if accepted.

Addons/UI:

Big Debuffs
Big Wigs/ DBM
Details
Elvui
Method Raid Tools
Omni CC
Omni CD
Weak Auras.
I can share my UI with you on discord, its pretty much Noahw UI with my own twist on things.

Other Games:

I only play Classic WoW & Retail WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

Why do I want to join IE. Very simple I want to get back into Mythic Raiding at a high level & like I posted in my last application I know Iron Edge and have known about you guys for a long time, I have always checked WoW Logs to see how you guys have progressed over the last few raid tiers, your still killing it and I think that's a credit to how hard you guys work as a team not just the GM/ Officers but every member who contributes to the guild and its community. You are a like a family not just a group of people from around the world that get together 2 nights a week and raid, there aren't many guilds out there that have what you guys have. I am looking for a long term home now in Retail, I found it in classic & I have friends for life within that community now, I want to be able to get that from retail. I know I have let you down in the past & trust is a big thing, but If I get this shot I will not let you guys down and will do what ever it takes to rebuild that trust.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I hope I can offer you a dps that performs to a high standard in a Mythic raiding environment, someone who listens and learns from his mistakes. I also like to help others and try to answer any questions that my be thrown my way. I will show up on time to every raid and be on standby if required. I am a loyal person (as hard as that is to imagine right now given my past experience). I can have a laugh on discord & love giving banter back and forth. I am down to earth and I say it how it is, I don't bullshit, I work hard & I try my best, I have done this in my work & achieved a really high standard of living, when I put my mind to something I go for it, I bring this mind set into my gaming.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I know you guys from day 1 of Classic WoW on Dunemaul.

Last Words?

I hope this isn't a final goodbye but a welcome back. I am a fukin idiot, no doubt about it for leaving IE back in 2019. I am sorry boys. I appreciate you all, I respect what ever decision you may come too whilst reading my application.
I do want to get back into Mythic Raiding and I currently do try and push keys most evenings with friends, If a "social" spot is more of an option to see how I get on I would also take this.

Much Love, Anaxe.
(changed the name from Dobs in Classic/Retail WoW, Daughter is called Aviana (we call her Ana for short) - Son is called Axel, I put them together and came up with Anaxe (ANA-AXE), I like it so stook with it in retail now too).

June 27, 2023, 09:08:19 pm
Reply #1

Offline Tyssar

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Anaxe (XR)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 09:08:19 pm »
I heard you gave 1 Million to Whackhead so i will vouch for you. Just remember me if you get accepted to the guild! Good luck!

June 28, 2023, 12:05:42 am
Reply #2

Offline Cnackaa

• Guild Member

• Cnackaa

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 12:05:42 am »
Here Tyssar, you got something brown on your nose

June 28, 2023, 04:50:13 pm
Reply #3

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 04:50:13 pm »
New vault today, managed to squeeze a bit more out of my character - just FYI.

(Single Target)
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/5EqYmrpLTssZo59h6x9XHf

(Multi Target)
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/1NneErrM1fXGBhHGmxS7Gp

Anaxe,

June 28, 2023, 04:58:51 pm
Reply #4

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 04:58:51 pm »
Hey Dobs - I recall you leaving a couple of times in the past and quite sporadic aswell, anything changed this time around? :P

- Prat

June 28, 2023, 05:35:32 pm
Reply #5

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 05:35:32 pm »
Hi Prat,

What's changed would be my level of maturity if I am honest Prat, I left IE due to a rash decision in re-joining Momentum Mori as they had wanted to start up Mythic Raiding again. The wrong decision as I have put below in my application. I had a good thing with IE and I disrespected you all by leaving so suddenly without any discussion with the officers/GM.

Since then I haven't been on retail for some time, well since 2019. I made a new home in Classic WoW with my guild toads. There is only 6-7 of us that play retail together doing M+ Keys and we blast through Normal/Heroic Raid with a pug grp once a week for vault.

I know it may be hard to trust me, but I honestly just want to be back in a serious raiding guild that is pushing themselves every raid tier to get better and better and re kindle old friendships along the way. I am 32 years old and my journey is not yet over with WoW. I have looked no further than Iron Edge and have applied to no other guild in hope that I can return and be apart of this guild until my time is over with WoW.

Sorry if my response is abit long winded mate. hope your well :).

July 04, 2023, 04:48:50 pm
Reply #6

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 04:48:50 pm »
Hi Dobs,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately due to our history I will be declining this application.
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

July 04, 2023, 05:04:48 pm
Reply #7

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2023, 05:04:48 pm »
Hi Moon, thanks for coming back to me. Can't say I'm not disappointed. Would a social spot not be an option for me to help build up trust?

Anaxe.

July 04, 2023, 05:14:58 pm
Reply #8

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2023, 05:14:58 pm »
Or an extended trial period? Im willing to do anything to prove that Im worth one last shot at making this work guys.

Anaxe.

July 04, 2023, 05:40:23 pm
Reply #9

Offline Dobs

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2023, 05:40:23 pm »
Can blame me for trying, I will continue to push keys and play with friends from toads. I wish you guys all the best! If you do ever come to forgive me & want me back please contact me either on Discord or here. Thanks for taking the time to even consider my app.

Sorry, Anaxe.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:33:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

259 Guests, 0 Users