Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Batthory

August 17, 2021, 08:27:12 pm
Read 3643 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Batthory
« on: August 17, 2021, 08:27:12 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Batthory
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Batthory
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Hello!

I'm Robert and I'm 40ish, from Zagreb, Croatia, successfully employed for a big music company. Been in WoW since the beginning (on and off).

Class/Spec:

Preferring havoc at the moment and am applying as a Havoc DH. I also like raid tanking, M+ tanking not so much because of the community. Both specs are in the 240 range, but on the tank side I lack good defensive trinkets (have them from previous patch).

I'm currently running Momentum build, which actually revolves around having Momentum buff up as much as possible. The stats I am for are Haste Versa all the way (with crit being the third). I spend a lot of time on raidbots and target dummies to practice and get the muscle memory, so I can focus on other aspects of fights.

Alts:

I do have pala and mage @60 but they are 205 ish maybe. I also have a fury warrior that is >220 iLvL. I just have OCD for main chars, I really can't commit to alts until my main is top notch, and I'm always looking for things that might improve it.

Professions:

On main it's Alchemy/Engineering...Alchemy is a must for all raiding due to extended flask time. Engineering is fun and practical so I don't have to play Dinosaur hunter all over Oribos + it has that sweet combat rez that can be a life saver in m+.
Mage is my 1st character which I don't play anymore, but he has been around since Vanilla and I prolly have some cool ancient tailoring recipes on him.

Raiding Experience:

I always raided end game and more often then not was involved more then just a raider Please note that I stopped in Cataclysm since it was crap and returned in BFA, so here we go:
Vanilla - GM and Raid leader - progressed up to C'thun but as we were late starters the TBC pre-patch hit and no-one wanted to raid anymore after so we stopped there.
TBC - Rerolled Alliance, played rogue, ended up as a rogue officer and a raid leader, we cleared everything up to M'uru (second to last expansion boss).
WotLK - Back to horde, back to my guild, back to being GM and raid leader, rerolled paladin tank, we killed everything that can be killed (Excluding Algalon and the no adds Yogg)
BFA - returned at the Nyalotha patch, joined Misplaced Elitism and was one of two main tanks on my paladin until 8/12 Mythic, when the guild split up into two.

Previous Guilds:

My last guild SPQH basically disbanded overnight, there was a big exodus of players so now here I am...

Availability:

I'm available almost every night, with exception on weekends, I have some RL stuff every other weekend that I need to do. I'm working from home, so you can also catch me during the day. I'm always into doing keys, talking smack on discord or socialize in general.

Communication:

I use English on a daily basis for over 20 years now due to my job so yes. I can listen to anything on Discord except opera... Yes I do have a microphone and I'm not afraid to use it. :)

Computer / Connection:

Here is my benchmark, all specs are there, it's an 8 months old PC: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37340719
Net connection is fiber 200/100 DL/UL
I don't lag or disconnect unless blizz is screwing with servers..

Addons/UI:

Weak auras, Mythic Dungeon Tools, Deadly boss mods, Platter, Details amongst others...
I use them so they tell me when to stand and when to move and when to go brrrr... :)

Here is my UI: https://imgur.com/a/xY7eIwf

Other Games:

Witcher 3 (for third time), Xcom 2, Divinity Original sin 1&2, Doom 2 (when I need to blow off steam), Farcry series, Tomb Raider series, Civilization V, Pirates!, Kings Bounty played Elder Scrolls Online, FFIV and I love playing Texas Hold 'em both online and offline.

Why Iron Edge?

Why not? Is there anything I should know? :)
In all honesty, you have same progression as my guild that just died, so I would like to continue where I left off, additionally you are NOT raiding on weekends that gives me the opportunity to have 100% or near 100% attendance. I went through MMO champion list of guilds that are recruiting and I usually go by my gut to pick a guild I apply to, so I chose to apply to this one. I don't have any other application to any other guild at the moment.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Dedicated and prepared player, ready for raiding and up to date with gear. If that's not enough then I'll add that I'm a huge fan of British humor, so I'm sarcastic, love a good banter and can take a joke (or fifty). I take guild seriously and prefer to do stuff with guild rather then with a pug.

Additionally, if someone PvPs here, I was a FC for a team and made 1800+ rating in S1

Oh and dad jokes. :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

This app is just an "intro", I would really like to have a chance to talk to someone live, to clarify if there is anything that needs to be clarified. Also I could write this application three times longer and it would still basically be "What I did in the past in WoW or otherwise". Hope to hear from you soon.

August 20, 2021, 12:04:16 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS/Tank) - Batthory
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:04:16 am »
Hi Batthory,

As discussed privately we have a large roster with a lot of DH's right now. So if you're okay with what that implies, I'd like to offer you a trial.

Check out this post to get up to speed with raiding with us.

See you soon!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:00:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

64 Guests, 0 Users