Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Joneslock

January 07, 2024, 04:41:48 am
Read 1500 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Joneslock
« on: January 07, 2024, 04:41:48 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Joneslock
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Joneslock
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

I'm Jonas, but mostly go by Jones both irl and online, i'm 38 and live in belgium.
I have a 12 year old son, who doesn't play WoW, unfortunately i failed in raising him as he loves to play fortnite. ;-)
I have a french Bulldog named Wallace.
I work as head of painting operations in a big steel factory.
I ride a motorcycle and also moderate a fairly large motorcycle community both on reddit (5800 subs) and Discord (+/- 400 members).

Class/Spec:

Destruction, i have played destruction since SM/ruin wasn't a thing anymore and have only ever switched to the fotm specc when destruction was in actual ruin, i tend to be able to keep up dps wise even if it's not the cookie cutter spec at that moment.
I'm currently ilvl 467 and rising.
I only resubbed a week ago after a break since shadowlands and determined to get my character up to specc asap.

I started playing a warlock back in classic and have since played around 400 days game time as a warlock, i have never mained another class.
Stat wise i go for intellect, haste and mastery.
Rotation wise it's pretty straight forward, keep immolate up at all times maintain eradication through chaos bolt, make sure i'm never capped on soul shards use dimensional rift or shadowburn while moving or when dimensional is a about to cap on stacks.
I gotta say typing out a rotation is not that easy when it's more a matter of muscle memory and reacting to whatever is happening in game :-P

I use tools like raidbots to min/max new gear drops get the top of the line enchants and keep up with class changes through patch notes and people like Kalamazi who make warlock content on youtube.

Alts:

none, i left all of them behind on different realms.

Professions:

Enchanting/Alchemy, currently in the proces of levelling them. i have been an enchanter since classic so i gather quite some rare recipes through the years.

Raiding Experience:

Shadowlands: Castle Nathria 7/10Mythic
BFA: Uldir 7/8 Heroic, BoD 6/9 Heroic
Several raids in cata, wrath, TBC and classic

Currently sitting at 2065 RIO and rising

Previous Guilds:

Elation - Twisting Nether (Shadowlands), upon my return i discovered the guild was dead.

Interstellar bum pirates - Turalyon/Twisting Nether (Cataclysm through shadowlands) Guild was struggling to get more raid worthy members to join on Turalyon so we did a guild transfer to twisting nether, unfortunately thet did not give the guild an influx of new players and raiding stopped and i joined Elation.

Ascension - Turalyon (Cataclysm) guild fell apart due to internal struggles in leadership)

a few more guilds in previous expansions, none of them who still exist.

Availability:

i can raid 2 sundays in a row then one half raid, week after that i'm off for work. So basically i can maken 2,5/4 raids.

I work a rather heavy shift rotation where i work 7 days in a row rotating between early late and night shifts.

Communication:

I'd say i'm quite proficient in english, have discord, a working microphone and know when to keep my mouth shut :-D

Computer / Connection:

i'm running a Ryzen 7 5700X with an RTX 3080 and 32gb ram, the game is running on a samsung 980 pro 2tb NVME drive, i have a triple screen 32" monitor setup, Logitech G502X, ducky one full size keyboard and a razer Tartarus keypad, streamdeck, beyerdynamic Custom one pro headphones and an audio technica AT2020 microphone.

I have a 500up/500down fiber connection that is as reliable as it gets, i've had probably 2 disconnects in 2 years due to my connection.

Addons/UI:

I run Atrocityui created by atrocity (ex-liquid), an addon pack for subbed members through twitch.
Most notable addons:
- Bigwigs
- Details
- Method Raid Tools
- Plater
- Elvui
- Weakauras with custom WA's created by Atrocity

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/FXnXwbi

Other Games:

I'm currently not playing any other games.

Why Iron Edge?

After years of being separated i'd love to play in the same guild as one of my best irl friend for 25 years.
I've heared nothing but good things from the guild and the fact you have been active since WOTLK is nothing short of impressive.
Being able to get a chance to get back into raiding and bringing my A game to every raid i can attend.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm a fast learner, have been playing my class since classic and don't stand in fire when i'm not supposed to.
I have quite a bit of experience in the game, enjoy the process of progressing through raids even if that includes many wipes.

I'm mature, social, love to help people out, enjoy the group dynamic of M+ and raiding and more than anything try to be as positive as i can even when things aren't always working out.
I keep true to my word and show up when i said i'd show up

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Verdicon told me all about you guys!

Last Words?

Q: How many Warcraft Blizzard Devs does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None, “the light bulb is working as intended.”

January 07, 2024, 04:51:06 am
Reply #1

Offline Verdicon

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Joneslock
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 04:51:06 am »
Awesome guy that i know IRL and played online games with for about 25years.
I'll vouch for him any day

January 11, 2024, 09:59:34 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rasgaas

• Officer

• Week-end raid Officer

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Joneslock
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 09:59:34 pm »
Hello, I would like to offer you a trial, please poke an officer for an invite. Welcome aboard !

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

32 Guests, 0 Users