Hello, Iron Edge!
I am applying to be a TOT Raider.
Character: Dodecow
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/DodecowClass/Spec: Death Knight (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: TOT Raider
Personal Info:Hallo,
My name is Matthijs 37 living in the Netherlands. I am working Freelance as a coach. Currenly a dad of 1 boy and soon to have a 2nd one.
Class/Spec:Right now, I’m playing my Death Knight. After playing Shadow Priest for many years, I wanted to try something new. I also recently came back to the game after a four-year break, with my last raid being in Shadowlands Season 3.
I started out mainly tanking Mythic+ and doing some raiding. I really enjoyed it, but eventually started playing Unholy and some Frost as well. I’ve mostly been playing Unholy since the recent buffs, but I’ll probably switch back to Frost after the nerfs.
I really enjoy all three specs, as they each give me something to do and learn. Unholy feels really good to play right now, although I’ll have to see how it feels after the nerfs. I’m hoping it won’t become the same old Shadow Priest curse — having to ramp up and set up too many things just to do competitive damage, while other classes can press one button and achieve similar DPS. That kind of gameplay doesn’t feel as rewarding to me.
Overall, I’m enjoying Death Knight a lot and like having the option to switch between specs depending on what the group or content needs.
Alts:I’m also playing my DH, Shadowbolt. Mostly tanking on him, but I want to give Devastation a proper go in 12.1.5 as well. He’s currently 323 ilvl, so he’s not too far behind my DK and is pretty much ready to jump into things.
Professions:Only enginering on the DK. For speed belt. They feel very underwheling right now.
Mythic+ Experience:I’ve been raiding for quite a few years. Started back in Vanilla and raided through to WotLK, then took a pretty big break before coming back in BfA.
I raided from BfA through to Shadowlands Season 3 this was on my priest , where we killed the Jailer after around 500 pulls, 14-07-2022. This was in a CE guild that was pushing around World 500, while raiding only 2 days a week.
So I’ve got quite a bit of raiding experience, both from the old days and from more recent progression. I enjoy pushing content, but I also really value having a good group of people to play with.
Previous Guilds:My last guild disbaned almost 4 years ago. After that and the end of expension I stop playing the game.
Availability:Mostly I am free after the kid is in bed. I do haave sports on thursday so wont be able to raid till march 2027 on that night.
Communication:My English is good I can lissing very well and have Discord. Sadly Ventrillo in no longer used.
System / Connection:My computer is 3 years old. Great little thing. No FPS issues to speak of. Ping is great on Kazzak and I never D/C.
Addons/UI:I use BW and run Weakaura if needed. Also really liking Ellesmere EU
Other Games:Magic the gathering mostly. But most of my time goes into WoW now.
Why Iron Edge?Well I really like the 1 day a week part. And also you guys look like a great that has been together for a long time. Might be nice to talk about old raids and so on.
What I can offer Iron Edge:Friendly guy who like to game and loves to make some friends on the way. I have a lot of experience in WoW.
Where I heard about Iron Edge:Found you guy on WoWprogress.
Last Words:Not really hope we can have a chat on Discord.
Apply as a Social
Name, age, location, work/school, etc.
Healer
Tank
Why are you playing your current class/spec? Is it simply because it's strong or because you think it's fun?
Any relevant alts you have and their levels.
What professions do you have and why? Any cool/special recipes?
What previous raiding/PvP experience you have, Setups, Ratings etc.
Previous guilds and reasons why you left them.
Times at which you are available. Include things like work shifts, upcoming exams, holidays, etc.
Are you proficient in english? Do you have Discord and can you listen? Do you have a microphone and do you use it?
Do you have a decent computer? Do you have fps issues? What's your internet connection like? Is it stable? Do you have high ping to Kazzak? Do you lag? Do you disconnect every hour?
List any addons you use for raiding and why you use them. Also include a screenshot of your ui (this is mandatory) and list any relevant key bindings that are not shown.
What other games do you play?
Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
Friends? Wowprogress? Openraid? MMO-Champ? Battle.net? Trade spam? Somewhere else?
(Write the name of the owner of the dog in the picture above!)