Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Àlstor 70 Paladin Blood Elf

April 14, 2008, 05:13:41 pm
Reply #15

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Àlstor 70 Paladin Blood Elf
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 05:13:41 pm »
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity..

1. You don't feel a small conflict to avoid a much larger one is valid, then?

2. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing."

1. You don't fight, you talk discuss and mediate, we're democrats not cavemen

2. And who decides who the good and the bad me are? That's not a valid discussion. There is no evil, just different points of veiw.

You may try to sit on your high horse and claim that fighting never solves anything, but the harsh reality of the world is far from what you think it is.  We may be "civilised" (an assumption that I highly doubt), but not everyone is.  Some people don't listen to mediation, don't want to talk.  There are, sometimes, no alternatives.  To refuse to use that last alternative, when it could prevent a much greater injustice, would be wrong.

Also, I was not suggesting that it's a "good vs evil" struggle, simply using that as a well known example of a saying that says if you don't act for what you believe in, whatever form that may take, then what you believe in doesn't matter and it will be supplanted by something else.

remember that it is my birthday next sunday and Hitlers as well.

Bears like alts!

April 14, 2008, 05:15:24 pm
Reply #16

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 05:15:24 pm »
One of the many reasons why I would argue we are not civilised.  And why I dislike democracy.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

April 14, 2008, 06:10:01 pm
Reply #17

Offline Ahkailon

• Guild Member

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 06:10:01 pm »

2. And who decides who the good and the bad me are? That's not a valid discussion. There is no evil, just different points of veiw.

You may try to sit on your high horse and claim that fighting never solves anything, but the harsh reality of the world is far from what you think it is.  We may be "civilised" (an assumption that I highly doubt), but not everyone is.  Some people don't listen to mediation, don't want to talk.  There are, sometimes, no alternatives.  To refuse to use that last alternative, when it could prevent a much greater injustice, would be wrong.

Also, I was not suggesting that it's a "good vs evil" struggle, simply using that as a well known example of a saying that says if you don't act for what you believe in, whatever form that may take, then what you believe in doesn't matter and it will be supplanted by something else.

remember that it is my birthday next sunday and Hitlers as well.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Goes for you both! Harr! (See what I did there?!"

Edit: OH! and:
"Some people don't listen to mediation, don't want to talk."

What if you gave them an offer they could not refuse?

April 14, 2008, 06:13:16 pm
Reply #18

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 06:13:16 pm »
What if you gave them an offer they could not refuse?

Like "Do what I want or I shoot you"?

April 14, 2008, 06:26:18 pm
Reply #19

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 06:26:18 pm »
kinda funny how a paladin-app can cause so much discussion, i even saw a "hitler" in here somewhere!

i knew it ... paladins are a product of the third reich

April 14, 2008, 06:28:58 pm
Reply #20

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »
I just tried to godwin ttam

Bears like alts!

April 14, 2008, 06:31:54 pm
Reply #21

Offline Bombardi

• Former Member

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 06:31:54 pm »
Nice apply at least but the real question is Is he going to take loot and then go to So What or will he stay ?

GL bomb

April 14, 2008, 10:26:11 pm
Reply #22

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 10:26:11 pm »

It's not about sitting on a high horse here, niether is it about being pasifistic and not standing up for what you belive in. but for man kind there is no such thing as actually picking a fight without it being beneficial for one selve. so claiming the name of justice is just to cover your true intentions, as fighting violence with violence dosen't calm them.. it might kill them, but it won't kill their ideas or beliefs, so it's basicly useless.. also as i see it justice is relative, and often lacks an additional point of veiw..
From my side of the fence i atleast see too much unnessecary violence in the name of justice.
If you are not a fan of democracy, please tell me, what do you prefer?

I feel that if i join this guild we will have some awesome discussions/sharing of veiws, i often lack that in my daily life :)

Hugs,
'Al

P.S. there is no hell or heaven, so modify your oneliner! :P (sorry in advance if i insult some christians by saying this, i know that's a rather "extrimists" claming, on the oppesit side of where extremism usually comes from (ups sorry again))

April 14, 2008, 10:41:24 pm
Reply #23

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 10:41:24 pm »
There is a hell. It's called Hyjal.

April 14, 2008, 10:52:55 pm
Reply #24

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 10:52:55 pm »
gg, but see, that's where you're lacking the other point of veiw cause i tend to like hyjal as a protection pala  ???

April 14, 2008, 11:36:10 pm
Reply #25

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 11:36:10 pm »
thats not true

Molten Core IS TRUE HELL
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

April 15, 2008, 12:12:38 am
Reply #26

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 12:12:38 am »
It's not about sitting on a high horse here, niether is it about being pasifistic and not standing up for what you belive in. but for man kind there is no such thing as actually picking a fight without it being beneficial for one selve. so claiming the name of justice is just to cover your true intentions, as fighting violence with violence dosen't calm them.. it might kill them, but it won't kill their ideas or beliefs, so it's basicly useless.. also as i see it justice is relative, and often lacks an additional point of veiw..
From my side of the fence i atleast see too much unnessecary violence in the name of justice.
You made a very sweeping statement and applied that bias to every single fight for peace.  If you want to qualify your slogan, then, sure, I agree.  But not with such bland sweeping statements.

I don't know.  Democracy doesn't work because humans are human.  The same way communism is a good idea, but because people are what they are, it never works.  My main issue with democracy is that you are totally reliant on the public agreeing with you to be effective.  You cannot do anything against public opinion because you, or your party, needs to be re-elected. 

I guess I would, ultimately, prefer a benign dictatorship.  Just because it's a dictatorship, doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Edit: Quantify -> Qualify.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:38:25 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

April 15, 2008, 12:51:55 am
Reply #27

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 12:51:55 am »
You made a very sweeping statement and applied that bias to every single fight for peace.  If you want to qualify your slogan, then, sure, I agree.  But not with such bland sweeping statements.

I am not sure what you mean here, my english skills are emptied, hehe. with my mixed well reasoned statement, you won't agree.. but if i want to qualify it you will agree. i don't make sense of it, but it's probably my lesser english understanding.

Just because it's a dictatorship, doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Yes it does, in 99% of the cases, cause you cannot grant one person that much power, he won't be able to act reasonable (Edit: Rational), and it will ultimately end up like every other dictatorship i've ever heard of..

ofcause talking world of warcraft guilds, a dictatorship is actually possible, because the power in a guild like that is really really limited, it is ultimatly my choice if i wnat to just turn off my computer and walk out into the real world. But i am afrai that we are just talking past eachother, but atleast there's something to do while waiting for a final replie here.. and i might stick around on the forum even if i am not accepted, if people don't mind :`)

Hugs,
´Al

Edit: Quantify -> Qualify.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:37:59 pm by TTaM »

April 15, 2008, 03:35:57 am
Reply #28

Offline Shapa

• Guild Member

• Sapa SMASH

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 03:35:57 am »
Oo some political posts!
Dictatorship ftw!
Hmm for many reasons some i would not like to write here coz of my (some would say)
radical ideas but the whole living system on the earth is created on the low of the stronger who is better faster stronger will survive, lead and stuff i just cant imagine that a scientist and a worker should have the same rights. aka 1 man 1 vote .. its normal that you have ppl with brain and retarded ppl and the 2th ones are most common..
 You said that ppl on top in dictatorship have power, don't you think its the same in democracy? true meaning have changed over the years in past the control of law, control of judges was same as power  today atomic weapons means power and who has the direct control of them? ppl? would any1 ask you or me to use them?
1 more example how many ppl do you know that are over 18 ( i think thats the limit for voting in other countries also) that dont have any idea who is on the top of the state what are they fighting for and stuff and still they go again and vote.. for who? 
cutter taller ?
Thats where democracy fails big time, just don't tell me that ppl that are not interested in politic and the ones that are can have the same right

April 15, 2008, 11:00:58 am
Reply #29

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 11:00:58 am »
lol penis

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:32:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

37 Guests, 0 Users