Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Patch 1.1.2 good or bad?

October 16, 2010, 04:35:57 pm
Read 3348 times

Offline Morbid

• Guild Member

Patch 1.1.2 good or bad?
« on: October 16, 2010, 04:35:57 pm »
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.2

General

Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."
The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified
Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.

Balance

PROTOSS
Buildings
Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
Void Ray
Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.

TERRAN
Buildings
Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
Medivac
Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
Reaper
Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
Thor
Energy bar removed.
250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).

ZERG
Buildings
Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
Corruptor
Energy bar removed.
Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
Infestor
Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
Roach
Range increased from 3 to 4.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.

October 16, 2010, 05:18:12 pm
Reply #1

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

• It's all in your mind...

Re: Patch 1.1.2 good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:18:12 pm »
I already made a thread about this :-X

Anyway I agree with the majority of the changes.

The nerf to Terran cheese especially; as this prevents Proxy-Reapers vs Zerg and Proxy-Concussive Marauders vs Protoss which both could be extremely deadly and win the game outright within the first minutes and almost NOTHING could be done about it (especially the Conc. Marauders vs Protoss).
I don't think Nitro Pack requiring a factory was necessary, the Supply Depo before Barracks was a great enough nerf already, but if they really thought it needed a building requirement they should have made it the Engineering Bay, making it easier to get it when compared to a factory!

I believe Voidrays needed a slight nerf, I think they might have been a little too dramatic with the nerf (nerfing the charged up damage vs armored SIGNIFICANTLY) AND nerfing the speed upgrade...
I'm just not sure a double whammy nerf was that needed; I've never had a Voidray rush beat me outright, scouting it and taking a few precautions always stopped it (build a few extra marines over marauders, build more stalkers over zealots, build a few extra queens per base).

I also don't agree with the removal of energy from Thors and Corruptors, it feels like it's making Feedback even more underused (and it's not like dam Thors needed a buff to survivability  :(). I only like the fact that now the 250-own-you-cannon has a dam cooldown (and for some retarded reason Corruption got an almost equal amount of time cooldown, because yeah Corruption is so OP and the exact same as a stunning damage dealing artillary strike >.>).

Roaches needed a buff! They just weren't worth the 2 dam Supply they costed, I'm glad they buffed the range it is a dramatic improvement even if it doesn't look like it was! For example: a Roach can now attack the Terran wall and not get shot at by Marines, a Roach can also now attack the Protoss walloff without getting shot at by the Photon Cannon. Also helps in combat, allowing more Roaches to get within range without clumping up at the back of the line and not spitting at anything.
I still would've prefered a Supply buff, something like 1.5 Supply cost... I dunno I still feel 2 supply is too much for a Roach, Zerg units are supposed to be massed!

Not too sure why the Supply Depo got an HP buff, also not too sure why the Medivac got a speed nerf(I thought the speed was fine TBH).

Glad Fungal Growth stops Blink, and according to Team Liquid it also now prevents Siege Tanks from Sieging and prevents Vikings from switching between Flight/Ground mode (one of the few undocumented changes).

Glad a few of the Zerg buildings got HP increases, it was WAY too easy to stim marauder drop and snipe the building off. Heck it was even easy to drop off a few Immortals and nuke off any building. (600 hp for an Ultralisk lair... I mean... Really?)

Glad the Phoenix bug FINALLY FOR #@)$*#$@)#$@#)$*#@ SAKE GOT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway thats just my thoughts on it...

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:41:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users