Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Crit%... ?????

November 17, 2010, 08:34:37 am
Read 11742 times

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

• Kundrak: Klan of the most IRON EDGE-ious nuccas

Crit%... ?????
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:34:37 am »
Hey Yall, just finished watchin a Skill Capped vid by Erase. He was explaining that crit for frost mages is not important. But how unimportant is it? speaking to some mages in WOW some sugested i needed at least 33%...?? where when Erase was showing the stats he didnt really cover how much but i saw his crit was down to about 16%. Everything else was reforged to mastery (45% he recommends). my crit right now is at 28% (without MA). Any points of view?

GB
Kundrak- aka Kun aka KUNdawg aka KUNstyles aka who want it aka please KUN dont hurtem aka Kdawg aka you gotta rip in yo couch aka they should have neva given yall nuccas money aka FB SCREAMA aka you get the picture aka twist yo cap aka tighten your ass up aka I FUKIN LOVE IE^^

November 17, 2010, 09:16:38 am
Reply #1

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

Re: Crit%... ?????
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:16:38 am »
not trying to be an asshole, but this patch rly doesnt matter at all. and i dont rate Erase that high as a mage.

currently i run 100% reforged for mastery as frost (i hardly play the spec anymore) and there's literally no1 who can beat me on dunemaul.

what will matter is Cataclysm, and seeing our shatter talent is changed to 3x crit, regemming to 100% crit will be vital, for every single crit gem effects frozen targets *3.

after that other seasons will have its own trends with gemming/forging. F.e in WOTLK s5/s6 there first was a trend to go 100% spellpower, after which the entire mage community jumped on the Vileroze train when he started to gem 100% for haste.
Ya little light niggas couldn't feed my shadows

November 17, 2010, 09:57:38 am
Reply #2

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:57:38 am »
hey bro ok so my goal for cata should be to reach 33%crit (with shatter talent 99%).... Is there a cap or you can go past 100%..??. am I understanding it right? cause right now I dont have very many mastery points but should I still invest in it.. thanks for your opinion bro. Why is crit not important now? maybe im understanding it incorrectly.

GB
Kundrak- aka Kun aka KUNdawg aka KUNstyles aka who want it aka please KUN dont hurtem aka Kdawg aka you gotta rip in yo couch aka they should have neva given yall nuccas money aka FB SCREAMA aka you get the picture aka twist yo cap aka tighten your ass up aka I FUKIN LOVE IE^^

November 17, 2010, 10:11:00 am
Reply #3

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:11:00 am »
Whats the point of even thinking about it? U Mages will be OP in pvp in Cata like uv been since the start of this game, so no reason to worry!

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

November 17, 2010, 10:23:43 am
Reply #4

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 10:23:43 am »
hey bro ok so my goal for cata should be to reach 33%crit (with shatter talent 99%).... Is there a cap or you can go past 100%..??. am I understanding it right? cause right now I dont have very many mastery points but should I still invest in it.. thanks for your opinion bro. Why is crit not important now? maybe im understanding it incorrectly.

GB

99% crit will be overdoing it by ALOT, i think you'll be fine sitting around 20-25%. After that most likely mastery will be most important, after that haste.

Needless to say, going passed 100% crit is bullshit, tho it would effect your crits when a target isn't frozen. But with CoC talented freezing a target, having a pet nova, normal nova and shattered barrier it would be bullshit to aim for that.

I didnt say crit isnt important now, its by far the best stat to aim for as fire, and quite important as frost. I'm just saying that mages currently pre-cata are so borderline retarded as frost that you don't rly need to put that much thought into how you gem/forge. I think currently with reforges going fully for mastery and gems for haste i'm sitting around 20-25% crit or something, meaning 75% crit in shatters.

Before the resillience change which removed the -% chance to be crit that came with resillience crits were very rare. Now, with the change you crit all the time basically.

not to mention that 99% crit on frozen targets is absolute overkill seeing that when you will be doing rated bgs you'll be raid buffed (even more crit)

November 17, 2010, 10:44:33 am
Reply #5

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:44:33 am »
man your knowledge baffles me.. thanks. ok so I will reforge to mastery.  my crit i can afford to drop a bit. my haste is decent so im on it.

GB

November 17, 2010, 01:29:48 pm
Reply #6

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 01:29:48 pm »
Whats the point of even thinking about it? U Mages will be OP in pvp in Cata like uv been since the start of this game, so no reason to worry!

Said the paladin!
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

November 18, 2010, 11:42:25 am
Reply #7

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 11:42:25 am »

Said the paladin!

Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black? I remeber guys always complaining that Pals were OP this past arena season.. hahaahaha.

GB

November 18, 2010, 09:26:20 pm
Reply #8

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
there's literally no1 who can beat me on dunemaul.

Mirlol would disagree. ;)
High functioning sociopath.

November 18, 2010, 10:08:18 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:18 pm »
Doubt you're able to beat kettu's lock either.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

November 18, 2010, 10:56:25 pm
Reply #10

Offline Superchan

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 10:56:25 pm »
sheep lock and proceed to:

November 18, 2010, 11:04:12 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 11:04:12 pm »
Can't sheep a demon!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

November 19, 2010, 12:10:22 am
Reply #12

Offline Superchan

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 12:10:22 am »
then skip step 1  :D

November 19, 2010, 12:16:41 am
Reply #13

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 12:16:41 am »
i couldnt beat him as fire, ever

as frost i had a hard time, but i felt it was more because i kept falling asleep and forgot to reapply IB :P

i'll duel him in a series when im bothered

some heavy icelance spam as frost should do the trick

November 19, 2010, 08:18:29 am
Reply #14

Offline kundrak

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 08:18:29 am »
yeah Ice Lance brooo... 8:17 in the AM an im bout to open up a can of 12k IL crits on a dude. hahhahah

GB

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:33:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 0 Users