Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Deus Ex: Human Revolution

December 06, 2010, 03:40:51 am
Read 10740 times

Offline Rucious

• Former Member

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« on: December 06, 2010, 03:40:51 am »
Will be out early 2011.
Pretty nice graphics.
The trail is more look likes a film like Tron.
Eventhough it's like Crysis, Mass effect, I guess this will be a good game.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

December 06, 2010, 01:25:54 pm
Reply #1

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:25:54 pm »

Pretty nice graphics.
The trail is more look likes a film like Tron.

that shit aint in game its all pre-rendered

Eventhough it's like Crysis, Mass effect

its nothing like Crysis
ill give you mass effect other then the fact that its a FPS/RPG and not TPS/RPG
never played the first game rucious?
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

December 06, 2010, 02:38:21 pm
Reply #2

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »
Here's some gameplay:

Not sure if excited.

September 04, 2011, 07:32:20 pm
Reply #3

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »
Really loved the game, you have quite big freedom in how you aproach problems you face, you can play it like a shooter or a stealthy type of game. Graphic isnt amazing but does the job. Also it dosnt end fast, im at around 20h of sneaking etc and i guess at least 2h more ahead of me. Well spent money i would say.

September 04, 2011, 07:33:50 pm
Reply #4

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:33:50 pm »
I've played it for 37 hours according to steam.  Killed second boss a short while ago.  Stealth approach!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 04, 2011, 11:55:11 pm
Reply #5

Offline Slash

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:11 pm »
the game's damn epic, gotta love it since it reminds me of MGS so much, especially that u can choose w/e u want to do :D <3 stealth

"He who doesn't fear death dies only once." - Giovanni Falcone
"Going to Paris to create art is now like sitting and waiting for a butterfly to fart." - Charles Bukowski

September 05, 2011, 12:21:07 am
Reply #6

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 12:21:07 am »
Heh, turns out I was a bit further than I thought.  Completed it!  41 hours.  Awesome game!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 05, 2011, 05:20:48 am
Reply #7

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 05:20:48 am »
So much attention to detail in the environments. Love it.

September 05, 2011, 11:43:17 am
Reply #8

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:43:17 am »
Finished it yesterday, but actually I can't really understand all the super-praise this game is receiving. IMO, it reeks of "lazy PC port" and (for an AAA game) has too many small design flaws that all add up:

- Most of the UI elements seem to have been designed for "consoles & non-HD-TV" combos. The elements are just too large-scaled/too much zoomed in, thus show too little information at once and require too much scrolling (map, hacking). One noteable exception is the radar. That UI element is actually so small you need magnifying glasses to see anything else but "general enemy position".

- Ingame map. It's just good for checking in which general direction one has to go, but otherwise its too close up (see GUI flaws), and displays too little information. Ideas: Why aren't already visited rooms colored? Why can't I improve the map (get more location details) by info hacked from ingame terminals etc?

- Inventory from the stone age. Srsly, even after maxing it out, you're constantly annoyed by "inventory full" messages. Combined with the "take all" option when looting, it gets even worse because ammo for weapons you might not even possess starts filling up your inventory. Note to developer: "Take all" + "limited inventory space" == does not compute! "Found a weapon mod! Yay, lets go to inventory, temporarily drop a weapon so I can pick up the weapon mod. Now lets open the inventory to use the mod. Now lets pick up the dropped weapon again!" ....yay... isn't that userfriendly... I actually didn't use some weapons in the game (rocket launcher etc) cause I couldn't make room in my inv for them without dropping my other, better because modded+ammo weapons. That ain't "Uh, the game wants you to make CHOICES, dude!", it's just total shit design, because it limits you to your old stuff.

- Passwords I discovered are actually displayed by the game engine on the appropriate computer terminal. But - the game still wants me to manually enter them letter by letter? Why? Also, when playing with a gamepad, why can't I use my keyboard without first having to use the (otherwise unused) mouse to click the "type password here" field?

- Crappy hacking tutorial, I actually visited some web page to get info about it.

- No-fun & stupid in-your-face boss battles. The boss battles are the antonym to Deus Ex' "play as you like", because you're quite fcked if you don't have specific augmentation upgrades. Hacking enhancements are useless. One boss you can shoot in the face with the autogun for a minute, but instead use the Typhoon aug once or twice and she drops like a fly.

- Largely terrible level design. The world hubs are prime examples of "how not to design your maps": Confusing, unnecessarily difficult & awkward to navigate. Full of copy&paste (apparentments; interiors; BOXES & CRATES!). On missions, I think the game could benefit from some "pre-mission briefing", providing you with a general layout overview of the location, because in it's current state, discovering secret passages/goals usually happens "by chance": When I finally found a security hacking station, I had already stunned/killed all enemies in the section, just because I had no clue where the security terminal is in the first place (your map just shows a bunch of identical "empty rooms" with no info at all). Regarding alternative routes: that's mostly ventilation shafts & breakable walls, yawn. Also, apparently noone at the police station is wondering that there is somebody crouching thru their ventilation shafts all the time. Must be a normal thing to do in the future. /sigh

So much attention to detail in the environments. Love it.

Care to explain? Other than the email thing, I don't see it.

September 05, 2011, 11:48:33 am
Reply #9

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 11:48:33 am »
That's all true.  Despite that, I really found it fun.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

September 05, 2011, 01:24:00 pm
Reply #10

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 01:24:00 pm »
Also, when playing with a gamepad, why can't I use my keyboard without first having to use the (otherwise unused) mouse to click the "type password here" field?

I actually lolled at this. Maybe couse they havent thought anyone would be sadomasochistic enough to play fps on a gamepad when you have a mouse and keyboard?!

September 05, 2011, 01:29:39 pm
Reply #11

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 01:29:39 pm »
By now I play almost all PC games that support gamepads with a gamepad, shooter or not shooter. Have you actually tried it?

September 05, 2011, 01:37:03 pm
Reply #12

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 01:37:03 pm »
FPS games feel wrong on gamepad.

September 05, 2011, 01:39:28 pm
Reply #13

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »
What feels wrong is playing FPS that are using half your keyboard when you can instead lean back in your chair and have everything mapped on a single gamepad.

We're not talking about Counterstrike here.

September 05, 2011, 01:42:37 pm
Reply #14

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 01:42:37 pm »
Did you just called playing a fps game with mouse and keyboard wrong?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:29:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

51 Guests, 0 Users