Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Another happy birthday to Iron Edge!

Naasty, Rash, Devoid and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 27, 2024, 12:02:29 am
Read 14579 times

Online Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« on: February 27, 2024, 12:02:29 am »

I’ve had several “major” experiences over the years that have made me feel like I was getting older that nobody ever warned me about. You expect the day that you feel some weird pain you never felt before after you go for a jog, or the first time you spot a grey hair on your shirt. When it happens it might still surprise you how soon it came, but you expect it nonetheless. You don’t expect it to happen when you see a video in portrait orientation (still gross) where on the top half there is a video of some kids fighting in school, and on the bottom half there is someone playing Minecraft, while a robotic female voice with a social-media-optimised vocal inflection provides commentary on the fight happening in the top video. Nobody ever prepared me for that shit.

Another time this happened to me recently was when companies started mentioning their founding dates as recently as the early 2000s as virtuous feats to be used in marketing materials. Really? That’s not that long ago, or so I thought.

So here it comes:

Iron Edge (Est. 2005)

I mean, if organisations get to boast their founding dates, then surely a World of Warcraft guild is allowed to be extremely proud of turning 19 years old, right? I’d say so.

It has been another year of many great successes. Four raiding teams continued their progress. Cutting Edge achievements, branching out into the Classic domain and steady, fun groups that have something for everyone. A massive meetup in Gdansk, where we had more nationalities present than ever before, as well as having long standing members of the guild finally join us IRL. We had another great meetup for New Years in Denmark recently just like we did four years ago, right before the pandemic.

Looking forward to the year ahead, our guild is still looking strong and there’s no reason to believe it’s slowing down. In a WoW environment that focuses evermore on throwaway content with people you’ll never see again, we’re constantly reminded that we must be uncompromising in our values to demand high quality applications and keep pushing for building relationships online, rather than just playing a video game together. Regardless, WoW has an impressive content plan for (at least) the next three years that should keep us entertained. So it’s going to be a good year with lots of great things to look forward to.

We’re also looking towards the 20th(!) anniversary in a year from now, and we’re cooking up something good for it. So make sure you keep your schedules clear for the end of February 2025.

So, thank you all for another great year and see you on WoW, Discord or IRL.

- Rash
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 27, 2024, 12:32:16 am
Reply #1

Offline Stepan

• Guild Member

Re: Another happy birthday to Iron Edge!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 12:32:16 am »
Happy birthday Iron Edge!

I feel quite cool for being here almost half of the guild's existence, let's keep it up :)

April 24, 2024, 11:55:01 pm
Reply #2

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 11:55:01 pm »
Holy crap, this thing is still going. Good job continuing the legacy, who would have thought!

Today at 12:21:20 am
Reply #3

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:21:20 am »
We dont quit just because we lost a few angry serbians ;-)

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:36:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 3 Users
Naasty, Rash, Devoid