Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

May 27, 2011, 11:16:59 am
Read 510750 times

Offline Palmar

Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:16:59 am »
Welcome to Iron Edge Mafia II

This is the second mafia game we play here on the forums. The setup in this game is much less forgiving that the one in the first game. If either side fucks up, that side will lose badly.

There are a few simple rules, and some changes:

1. Voting will be done in the main thread, this forces people to take a stance with their vote. Votes will be cast using the format ##Vote: playername. Any votes cast without this format may not be counted.

2. Inactivity will result in a modkill. Failing to vote, or failing to turn in your night action if you have one, will result in a modkill. If you get mod-killed, you will be banned from playing at least one future game of Iron Edge mafia. Sounds harsh, but inactivity really ruins the game. If something special comes up, PM me and Goza and we'll have a look.

3. The voting rules have changed. If no player reaches majority vote, the player with the most votes will get lynched. If two players have equal amount of votes, the player who got there first will be lynched.

4. Play to win. Any meta-game strategies or intentionally losing because you think your team is stupid is forbidden. Getting yourself modkilled for your advantage is banned. Play the game, win the game. Don't ruin the fun.

5. I will not send you a PM asking for your night action. It's your own responsibility to make sure you send the PM in time, if you don't, you get modkilled and banned for the next game.

6. All action PMs must be sent to both Palmar and Goza. This means you're always sending two messages, or a single message to two people (Just seperate them with a comma in the "To:" field).

7. Posting any screenshot, pm or converstation you may or may not have with a host of the game, faked or real, will result in an instant modkill. Play the game, not the mods.

8. Show respect. Some roles in this game have the ability to kill you out of the blue. Even if a mod doesn't confirm the death, consider yourself dead. In addition, attempting to use an ability like day-time vigilante kill, when you don't have one available, will get you modkilled.

9. Don't post after you're dead. Don't talk about the game after you're dead. Don't influence other players after you're dead. We intend to open a private forum where the dead can discuss the game in peace without ruining the experience for anyone else.

10. Don't be a dick.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:37:36 am by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

May 27, 2011, 11:44:15 am
Reply #1

Offline Palmar

Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - **** ****
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:44:15 am »
Game Information

Link to Important posts

Day 1

27 of 27 players remain living

Delling
Archz
Tyler
Nachmnanun
Kawe
Mouseh
Grishnag
Shankski
Tronz
Hugman
Intrinsic
TTaM
Graxlos
Vorte
Sintrael
Shiftey
Chippen
Yoica
Ino
Blackwhale
Veilas
Doomslay
Emptyy
Vdti
Kendoki
Eetion
Starbrow

0/6 Mafia remain living

Current Mafia KP: 1 - went down to 1 as 2 mafia remain

3/21 Town remain living
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:46:46 am by Goza »
Trolls are awesome!

May 27, 2011, 11:44:33 am
Reply #2

Offline Palmar

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:44:33 am »
Roles

Here are the roles available in this game. Please note that not all the roles might be present in the game, and some roles might have more than one player.

Town Roles:

Private:

(Vanilla townie)

You are a private in the Imperial Starfleet. Fiercely loyal to your captain, your job is to find and kill the rebel scum hiding aboard the Star Destroyer. You don't have any powers but your voice to help the investigation.

Alderaanian:

(martyr)

Your people have a long history of dying for or by the empire, so now that you're in the Emperor's service, what more can one more death hurt? At any time you think someone is getting executed wrongly, you can PM Goza and I telling us you'll martyr for that person, and we'll lynch you insted.

If the person you martyred for doesn't get lynched, you retain your ability.

Empire Droid:

(on-death sensor, vanilla-townie to self)

You are a Droid, created to serve the Galactic Empire. You have been programmed in such a way that you don't know you're a Droid. If you get lynched, you will leave behind information about your death, giving away the number of Rebels who contributed to your lynch.

Stormtrooper

(one-shot day-time vigilante)

You are a Stormtrooper, the sword and shield of the Star Destroyer. Your weapon is your blaster, and you aren't exactly known for discretion. You may at any point during daytime type: ##Shoot: playername and that player will be instantly killed. This power can only be used once.

Vice Admiral

(cop)

You are the captain of the ship. Every night you can visit another player's sleeping chambers and thoroughly investigate them. You will soon find out if the player is loyal to the Empire, or part of the rebel scum.

Bounty Hunter

(vengeful veteran)

You have spent your entire life avoiding death. You know how to react should the rebels come for you during the night. It takes two night kills to end you. Should you be executed by vote, you die. But you can select one person to go down with you, firing him with your blaster as your last action

Imperial Jailor

(jailor)

You are in charge of the emperor's jail. Every night you can lock someone up and prevent any night actions used both by the player and against the player. This means the person locked up is immune to night kills and actions. The person can't be tracked, checked or killed, but the target itself cannot use any of it's night actions. You can not lock yourself up.

Imperial Assassin

(one-shot night-time vigilante)

You have the ability to slip into someone's sleeping cell during night-time and murder them in their sleep. This ability can be used once through the game.

Imperial Agent

(tracker)

You are responsible for checking the crew for any suspicious activity during the night. You can select one person and follow him wherever he goes during the night. You must not give yourself away, so you cannot follow him into the chamber he visits, but you will know whose chamber that is.

Elected Captain of the Imperial Guard

(mayor)

This is the only role that will not be assigned at the start of the game. During the first day, anyone (town or mafia!) in the game can run for Captain of the Imperial Guard. Everyone has the power to vote during the first day, and will cast their vote by typing ##Support: playername in the thread. 24 hours before the first night, the person with the highest amount of votes will be elected Captain of the Imperial Guard.

The Captain gains the one-time power to lynch a person at any time during the day by typing: ##Lynch: playername. This power can be used immediately, or saved for later days. This lynch is in addition to the daily lynch. The Captain's vote also counts as two votes for the end-of-day execution.

Mafia Roles

Rebel Scum

(vanilla mafia)

Long oppressed by the Empire, you joined the rebels in their quest to overthrow the oppressing regime. You must work with your rebel partners to take over the Star Destroyer.

Wookie

(one-shot vote-blocker)

Your extreme strength allows you to break someone's bones so badly during the night that they will not be able to attend the next days vote, as they'll be recovering. The person you break cannot vote the next day.

Rebel Droid

(roleblocker)

Quite simple your life, but all it takes is overriding the lock to someone's sleeping cell and he won't be able to get out that night. The player you lock in will not be able to perform any night actions.

Jedi Knight

(godfather)

You are the head of the rebels aboard this Star Destroyer. Your jedi mind tricks allow you to confuse any nose-prodding admirals that might want to check you out during the night. You are immune to rolechecks. In addition, you have the last say in any Rebel murders during the night.

Rebel Assassin

(one-shot mafia poisoner)

Sometimes subtlety is better than brute force. You can murder any target of your liking during the night, once per game. But the target will be notified it has been poisoned and it will not die until the next night, leaving it free to speak it's mind for a day before death occurs.

The person poisoned gains an extra vote through the ability "Accuse". On his last day the poisoned person can type ##Accuse: playername to accuse that player of his murder. The accusation will count as an extra vote against that player. The poisoned person also casts his standard vote normally.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:10:33 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

May 27, 2011, 11:44:49 am
Reply #3

Offline Palmar

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 11:44:49 am »
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

The entire crew of the Imperial Class Star Destroyer was assembled on deck. As the High Admiral inspected the crew with an unusually grim frown upon his face. Not that he smiled much any other day, but this wasn't just a normal inspection. The Crew was completely silent, officer and private alike, waiting for the High Admiral to say something, to give a reason for the hurriedness with which he had summoned his men.

As he walked past a private, a gunner, he stopped and curiously looked at the young man. The gunner had only been a part of the Imperial Navy for a couple of months, and had yet to see his first fight.

The High Admiral finally spoke, and said cooly.

"Did you know that our protocol droid was blasted to bits tonight"?

The private looked at the Admiral. He wasn't sure if he was being mocked, or questioned.

"Sir, no sir!"

The private tried to remain calm as he answered, but it was clear to anyone within earshot that his voice was slightly trembling. Not unusual, the High Admiral was an intimidating figure, but this was more than just a private being uncomfortable, this was a private scared for his life.

The High Admiral raised his voice for the entire crew to hear.

"Tonight, our protocol droid was gunned down. It seems like my suspicions were correct, this ship has been infiltrated by rebels. From this point on the entire crew should consider themselves under investigation. No one is to move from their sleeping cells outside the hours.

I will personally make sure that I find and kill every Rebel Scum aboard this ship."

The crew kept their silence, clearly shaken by the news, but no one dared to say a word.

The High Admiral reached for his blaster and without a word he shot the private he'd addressed earlier. The private fell down, dead. He bled the blood of the Rebels...

"He got off easy, the rest of you scum will suffer before you die, but I hope my point is now clear. It'd be easier to just turn yourself in and die a quick death.

Now, return to your posts."

As the High Admiral walked quickly towards the hallway leading to the officer's deck, another blaster was fired and hit him right in the back. He froze for a second, then lost his footing and fell to the floor, dead.

The order, kept by the Admiral's presence, broke down. No one was sure whom to trust anymore, the Star Destroyer was in a state of total chaos. The rebel scum needed to be found and killed.

Palmar-TO55-0P the Protocol Droid has been blasted to bits
Cwave the Rebel Scum has be shot dead
Goza the High Admiral has been assassinated

It is now day one. The Elected Captain of the Imperial Guard will be selected at 23:59 CEST Tuesday. The day will end at 23:59 Wednesday night.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:42:50 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

May 29, 2011, 03:08:26 pm
Reply #4

Offline Palmar

Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »
Important notice:

The first day of the game will last 72 hours. That's a whole extra day, due to the election of the captain.

This means we will start 23:59 Sunday. 23:59 Tuesday we will announce the captain, and 24 hours later 23:59 on Wednesday, we will lynch the first target and head into the night.

Any days after this first one will last normal 48 hours.

Voting in the Captain's election is not mandatory, voting for the lynch is mandatory. You can freely cast your lynch vote at any point during Day 1, even before the captain has been selected. Remember to use correct syntax.

This means the game is starting 23:59 CEST tonight!!!!!!

All role pms have been sent. If you need to ask questions you can PM Goza and I, or talk to us on IRC.

Roles are completely random this time around, I did not do anything to "balance" the game.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:18:42 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

May 29, 2011, 11:59:43 pm
Reply #5

Offline Palmar

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:59:43 pm »
Game is now live, enjoy 72 hours of WIFOM
Trolls are awesome!

May 30, 2011, 12:00:52 am
Reply #6

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:00:52 am »
The heeeeat is on!
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 12:01:12 am
Reply #7

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 12:01:12 am »
Lynch Kawe he is the Godfather Jedi Knight

May 30, 2011, 12:02:41 am
Reply #8

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 12:02:41 am »
Wow, that didn't take long.

I would like to point out that there's only a 1-in-27 chance that Kawe is again the godfather.

As much as I'd love to see him hang, for LYING TO ME, we should probably treat each game as a new game...
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 12:04:55 am
Reply #9

Offline Chippen

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 12:04:55 am »
Random my ass, Palmar cant be trusted!

May 30, 2011, 12:05:50 am
Reply #10

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 12:05:50 am »
Random my ass, Palmar cant be trusted!

Yeah, not to mention the german mastermind was also part of this!..
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 30, 2011, 12:11:00 am
Reply #11

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 12:11:00 am »
I can tell you that I am Imperial, and that I'm watching all of you. I am already taking interest in the people who are keen to use such a flimsy pretext to lynch - they're either stupid, sore, or straight-up after lynching an Imperial. Or a combination of the above. So far Shanks and Shiftey already right onto that list. And before I can even finish speaking, Chippen and Vorte chiming in.

I hear Shiftey intends to run for Captain too. Regardless of whether he's telling the truth or not, I can't see that being a wise chocie. I will run for captain if nothing better presents itself.

In the mean time, more talking, lots more talking. Wherever you're hiding, when you're forced to talk enough you'll slip up, rebel scum.

May 30, 2011, 12:12:27 am
Reply #12

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 12:12:27 am »
Track down and lynch some Rebels we must!
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

May 30, 2011, 12:13:22 am
Reply #13

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 12:13:22 am »
As mentioned, I'll run for captain if no decent other options arise. (And yeah, I agree, Shiftey probably not a great choice. At least until he proves he can play a normal game...)
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 12:16:25 am
Reply #14

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 12:16:25 am »
As a member of the Imperial Fleet I aswell will be running for position of Captain so we can get this Battle Cruiser "operational" again
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:06:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

45 Guests, 0 Users