Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck

May 30, 2011, 04:37:01 pm
Reply #165

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
Re: Mafia II - Story of the Iron Edge - Ship Deck
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2011, 04:37:01 pm »
Yes i am aware that Kawe hasn't accused anyone by a vote or speech, but this could all be part of the plan should he be Rebel.

No you're not, kawe has voted for arches and in speech, he accused or poked quite a few people here and there. Although nothing too major, just a very cautious approach.

May 30, 2011, 04:40:43 pm
Reply #166

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2011, 04:40:43 pm »
Yes i am aware that Kawe hasn't accused anyone by a vote or speech, but this could all be part of the plan should he be Rebel.

No you're not, kawe has voted for arches and in speech, he accused or poked quite a few people here and there. Although nothing too major, just a very cautious approach.

Again, Archz also Supports Kawe for captain, so im yet to consider these votes against archz all too serious of suspicousness..
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

May 30, 2011, 04:44:44 pm
Reply #167

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2011, 04:44:44 pm »
Shankski: Wanted to be captain until somebody pointed out that it's very suspicious - then claims he's just having fun.  A red backing out to allay suspicion?

It was pointed out that it was suspicious BEFORE I made the poster, that was the whole point of the joke.

Kawe is playing a very different game this time round he is giving a lot more input and information on his thoughts. This leads me to believe he would be a good candidate for captain. However, he could just be playing this game like a boss again mixing up his strats and if he is rebel we would be royally fucked. Currently I'm undecided.

Sint, Hugman, Kesh, Tyler and Starbrow have all voted early. I think its too early to start pointing fingers as we have very little to go on. Could be an early attempt for the Rebels to sway the votes.

Chip is acting weird to me, very quick to put the blame on someone as well as mentioning that anyone going for captain is "clearly" rebel scum. One to keep an eye on for sure. But I thought that about Rucious in the last game and he turned out to be a doc.

With regards to who will be captain I agree with most people that Dell, Tyler or Vdti. Personally not Kawe for reasons previously mentioned. Need some more convincing before i put my support down.

A few people also still being quiet maybe due to work and other things, and due to the fact this thread is massive already. However, you need to step up soon and have some input before it starts looking suspicious.

May 30, 2011, 04:52:40 pm
Reply #168

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2011, 04:52:40 pm »
Just noticed that Chip and Kawe have also voted early. I will be watching...

May 30, 2011, 04:55:34 pm
Reply #169

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2011, 04:55:34 pm »
This isn't the jedi you're looking for

I'm just having a huge laugh at how much you guys are "reading into" things :p

Just to be clear this is the reason I am voting Arches. "You guys" is quite a give away. Worst. Jedi. Ever. However if someone more convincing comes up I will change my vote. As it stands though its a win-win, rebel scum or bad imperial.

As for captain I think Mouse would be a good choice. She made a nice balanced post.

Dell has been acting a bit odd. Last game he was all for killing Archz as he is as useful as a chocolate teapot, imperial or not. This game he seems to be more interested in posting random pictures and shit stirring.

Shank: voting early is good. We have to lynch this round, lets poke some people and see what they have got. If we leave it too late there is no chance to gauge a reaction.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

May 30, 2011, 04:58:10 pm
Reply #170

kawe

« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2011, 04:58:10 pm »
Eetion: I've said it before, Palmar has explained it before, and here it is again. If you are working on the basis of paranoia and doubt, especially when it's the beginning of the game and we're outnumbering the mafia greatly, you're very much playing into rebel hands.

Indecision and paranoia are their greatest allies. Furthermore, being overly concerned with preserving every aspect of every blue power is also not what we should be prioritising - we could win with votes alone. The important thing is to remain calm, and not allow paranoia to creep in, and continually assess things according to the situation.

You're correct not to take a tremendous amount of seriousness over initial votes, other than perhaps to keep in mind who is very hesitant to cast a vote at all.

Everyone: The more posting we have, the more we can identify patterns, the more we can spot those quiet, and so on. Essentially, if you simply just take part in the game as you should as a townie, you are doing your job. Oddities in posting manner such as TTaM's are what to look out for.

Lack of conviction; shakiness of purpose; fear of speaking clearly; a focus on the possible doubts... these are things to watch for. Never forget that keeping a fast pace - posts, votes, everything - is in our favour. It takes more time to concoct lies and excuses than it does to simply speak the truth.

Mouseh as a captain is something I would be willing to support, though I wouldn't mind seeing more activity to go with it.

May 30, 2011, 04:59:37 pm
Reply #171

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2011, 04:59:37 pm »
So have gone thru the 11 pages now :

Kawe : either indirectly (or his words, making mentals notes) or directly accused Shankski, Shiftey, Chippen, Vorte, Arches, Nach. Finally votes for Arches cause of bad play? Seems a bit low for someone that played brilliantly last game, with good answers and so on.

Starbrow : votes Archz, cause Kawe said so. Suspicious.

Tyler : votes Archz, votes Archz again, votes Archz once more. Argument, is bad play... same like with Kawe expected a little more. Also supicious for following Kawe like Starbrow.

Eetion: follows Tyler, great choice, seeing he did kill lotsa towns ppl last game. N0. 4 for following... i see something going on with you 4!

Instrikt and Chippen : votes for Vorte cause he did not see any SW movie... K logical choice (not).

Hugman : votes Arches just randomly, nothing to back it up.

TTaM : Oh man, you see complots in complots surrounded by more webs with complots with a silver outlining of complots.
However you voted Kawe. Like me i see great logic in that tbh, he has made quite a fuss already early on. Also his voting and the reason seems a bit flimsy.

Based on this : ##Vote: Kawe
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

May 30, 2011, 05:00:18 pm
Reply #172

Offline delling2

• Forum Member

« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2011, 05:00:18 pm »
I'm just holding off on casting a lynch vote.

It wasn't a random picture -- it was my candidacy picture, because everyone else was making one. It took me 30 minutes to make!

Again, Tyler, no majority vote is required to get a lynching. Archz might still hang, but if I'm not sure about it, I'd rather abstain. Voting records are important!

--

I wouldn't be opposed to Mouse being captain(ess), either.
Now I have a home page.

May 30, 2011, 05:08:29 pm
Reply #173

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2011, 05:08:29 pm »
Shank: voting early is good. We have to lynch this round, lets poke some people and see what they have got. If we leave it too late there is no chance to gauge a reaction.

I know Tyler but we do have a large amount of time for this first day. Since we don't need the majority of votes anymore its just the person with the most votes who get lynched someone will be lynched by tonight.

I agree that poking people and judging their reaction is the right way to go. However, doing this by voting early just looks a bit suspicious and all I'm saying is it could be an early attempt by the Rebels to sway the vote.

People already seem to be quite certain about Archz and the day has barely begun, yes he did play the game badly last time but it would be stupid if he didn't learn from his mistakes. Rebel may just see him as an easy target to get him lynched. I'm not defending him but personally I'm quite suspicious of people who have voted for him.

May 30, 2011, 05:10:48 pm
Reply #174

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »
Eetion: I've said it before, Palmar has explained it before, and here it is again. If you are working on the basis of paranoia and doubt, especially when it's the beginning of the game and we're outnumbering the mafia greatly, you're very much playing into rebel hands.

I'm not working out of paranoia or anything, im trying to say that you, kawe, is a strong asset to the Imperials, should you be one. Blue/green/red - captain or not. By electing you captain we take a bigger chance than needed. It's just my humble point of view, but i just don't see the need of a electing an already powerful player to become even more "powerful"
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

May 30, 2011, 05:14:55 pm
Reply #175

Offline Intrinsic

• Guild Member

« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2011, 05:14:55 pm »
Instrikt and Chippen : votes for Vorte cause he did not see any SW movie... K logical choice (not).

Not watching the SW films should be a crime punishable by death.

I believe Kawe is playing a very strong game for the Imperials so far, i agree (mostly) with his reasoning.

##Support: Kawe

I also completely agree with Tyler's reasoning when it comes to lynching Arches. Whether he be a Rebel or useless Imperial it's a good choice because it's so early in the game.

##Unvote: Vorte

##Vote: Arches

May 30, 2011, 05:20:31 pm
Reply #176

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »
I am just gonna extend on what Kendoki said right now.

Right in his first post kawe said and I quote:

"the people who are keen to use such a flimsy pretext to lynch - they're either stupid, sore, or straight-up after lynching an Imperial. Or a combination of the above."

And putting me on that list because I apparently used flimsy pretext to lynch someone. Thing is... I have yet to post anything at this point and certainly not accusing anyone of anything yet at all (unlike kawe perhaps?... explanation follows)

Then he switched his interested to Arches, quite understandably for his retarded comments once again and adding a bit more fuel to the fire with Nach's comment. Remember tough, a similar argument with people's reaction to certain events (notably mine after the 2 mafia died during the night in previous game) can be very missleading, we cannot read too much into that right now. Let's leave that.

Then kawe makes few posts that are supposed to make him look contributing without in fact contributing anything at all, saying things like he's going to sleep, or asking people to post more.

Then an accusation against him was dismissed by, weak non-sensical post and once more asking for people to post more, however, this is followed by an extensive defensive post from kawe. Who are the people who'd be so keen on defending themselfs? I for one can say that now I understand why I got lynched in previous game. Yet another weird sign. And in the same post he announces running for Captain?

Also all of the things Kendoki mentioned in his post apply for me and I support his reasoning. Therefore

##Vote: Kawe

May 30, 2011, 05:21:31 pm
Reply #177

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2011, 05:21:31 pm »
Personal Log: Private 1st. Class Argus Barbosa; Callsign "Grishnag"
Date: ABY4.05.30
Entry: #1

My ass is rather hard after a 9 hour CAP with nothing more to do then flying circle's around the Star Destroyer in my TIE-Interceptor, How i wish i was back in the battle for Hoth atleast we had something to do shooting some rebel scum and their poorly desinged Y-wings was atleast fun.

But just now when i got back from the CAP i got informed that the High Admiral was shot and killed by some rebel scum, I dont understand why they would be here i mean this ship is patrolling the ass end of nowhere and the admiral... well the admiral is an incompetent oaf, why they shot him and his protocol driod i may never understand

I wish i was never drafted for this stupid war sure the rebels are bad enough as it is but cant they see its futile to fight the empire?
Thanks to them i'm in this mess, I had such nice plans to for my life open a bar on Coruscant and fuck as many Twi'lek Whores as possible, But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO these rebel bastards just had to start fighting and destroying the death star and what good did do? Nothing i tell you NOTHING hell the battle for Hoth alone is proof enough for that they lost many troops and equipment there, If it wasnt for that Moronic admiral Ozzel entering in range of the rebel scanners we wouldnt be having to patroll this part of the galaxy, Nothing is coming from this side no rebels have been here there are just some planetoids and asteroids nothing else, Cant even get useable materials from these barren rocks.

Hmm seems i've been ranting for some time, I think its time to get to the Canteen and get a drink and see what the latest Gossip about this death is
Entry: #1 End
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

May 30, 2011, 05:23:28 pm
Reply #178

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2011, 05:23:28 pm »
So you know.

I voted Arches because as a blue, he played very very badly last game, and was a strong factor in why we lost.

This game he could be anything. However, based on how he played last game + what he has posted so far, I can assume he is either a bad Rebel, a bad blue, or a very bad townie.
If we lynch him and it turns out he is rebel, brilliant. If he turns up blue, then he should be shouting like a bitch, nearer the lynching time (and if he is a red doing this, and it saves him, then the day after it will become very apparent he is red) in order to save himself and be useful. If he is a green, well.. as far as i am concerned, Arches is a liability to us; and I would rather risk losing him as a green, than other greens who will play intelligently and contribute (even if it means their death) to the Empire wining.

Since it is day one, and there is no basis whatsoever proving someone is or isn't rebel, I would rather go with someone I have seen to be useless to the Empire. If he is Imperial, and he hangs, well then we can use the data on who contributed to getting him hanged, to help sort out our rebel suspects.

Arches doesn't play intelligently as a green. He jokes around and confuses people, and then wonders why they all suspect him, which, if he is Imperial, is counter productive.

May 30, 2011, 05:23:34 pm
Reply #179

Offline Shiftey

• My Facebook page
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2011, 05:23:34 pm »
I cant use bold....

##Vote: Kawe

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 09:49:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

126 Guests, 1 User
JayLu1106