Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 "I lost mid cos no-one bought a ward"

June 25, 2011, 05:45:59 pm
Read 16863 times

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

"I lost mid cos no-one bought a ward"
« on: June 25, 2011, 05:45:59 pm »
No, you lost mid because YOU didn't buy a ward. You can blame losing mid on having to buy wards, but never on not having them. Pull your finger out and invest 100g on a ward, courier it to yourself, guess which spot the rune will be on the 2 min mark, go there and place the ward.

You all know that I probably have the highest wards placed per game in SCEC. I think they should be on cool down in the shop all game. If there are ever 4 available then the team has failed.

However sometimes we don't have perfect set-ups in games. Sometimes it is not so obvious who should by them. Sometimes the support is in a lane against swiftblade and really needs boots ASAP. Sometimes the support is 0-4 and needs 2 bracers. In this case other team members need to help out.

Wards are so useful even a hard carry should buy them if no-one else is. Of course it is better for an item independent character to buy them. However if there are 4 in the shop just buy one and complain later. We all need to take individual responsiblity in HoN. Don't try and pass blame to your teammates if you yourself haven't done everything possible.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

June 25, 2011, 05:55:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Veilas

• Guild Member

Re: "I lost mid cos no-one bought a ward"
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 05:55:25 pm »
Yea but the thing is mid players tend to rush for a bottle, and the rune ward is needed for it in the early stage but i agree everyone should look to help with the ward buying and placing especialy in the early game! We should try to give attention to the ward,I suggest making a plan shortly after the picking phase before anyone buys any items of who will buy a ward when and where to place it !

June 25, 2011, 06:06:46 pm
Reply #2

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »
Getting a bottle as a first item is a retarded idea how are you going to survive with no health and just 3 bottle charges? 3 bottle charges that you will probably spend before the 2 minute mark
get it as your first item once your in lane

also tyler that was probably the first time in years i heard you that mad and... i feel kind of bad for saying this (not realy) but it put a big fucking grin on my face
but you were right anyway
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

June 25, 2011, 06:23:57 pm
Reply #3

Offline Veilas

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »
I meant getting a bottle after your starting items !

June 25, 2011, 08:37:21 pm
Reply #4

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 08:37:21 pm »
Woahoa, what spurred this? I guess I missed some TS drama!

June 25, 2011, 08:39:46 pm
Reply #5

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »
Actually getting a bottle in the start is quite common among pros.

I never do though.

Also I agree with Tyler 100%

Bears like alts!

June 25, 2011, 08:59:04 pm
Reply #6

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:59:04 pm »
Really depends on the hero, most of the time I would never start with a bottle. Never with a carry. If the plan is to force the other hero back by spamming rank 1 spells, by the end when your bottle is 0/3, he can repair the damage with a health pot. And then you sit there with 40 dmg, 400 hp and your cock in your hands.

Maybe I'd get a bottle for devourer, where a solid hook will get you a kill.

June 25, 2011, 09:27:12 pm
Reply #7

Inphy

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 09:27:12 pm »
I couldn't agree more with Tyler tbh. But sometimes the carry are just so stubborn that they think they don't have to buy wards. What's 200g with their farm? A Glacius at higher level still has troubles getting enough gold to buy his items and his wards. When say, Maliken or Torturer just blasts through creep-waves/neutrals and has 500g in 2 seconds.

Oooh but how I love those games "/all: We lost because we didn't have wards. Fail support!" - when in fact you lost due to him being retarded.

June 25, 2011, 09:33:54 pm
Reply #8

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 09:33:54 pm »
I couldn't agree more with Tyler tbh. But sometimes the carry are just so stubborn that they think they don't have to buy wards. What's 200g with their farm? A Glacius at higher level still has troubles getting enough gold to buy his items and his wards. When say, Maliken or Torturer just blasts through creep-waves/neutrals and has 500g in 2 seconds.

Oooh but how I love those games "/all: We lost because we didn't have wards. Fail support!" - when in fact you lost due to him being retarded.

glacius

items

awwuuuuhhhh?

June 25, 2011, 09:49:31 pm
Reply #9

Inphy

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 09:49:31 pm »
Well 'items'. Like boots, and a bracer and mystic vestments. But sometimes it's hard to get those as you're quite an easy target if they have some good gank heroes. And if your team doesn't get towers, you don't get assist and you let the carry get all the creeps. Pretty much the worst case scenario!

June 25, 2011, 10:23:42 pm
Reply #10

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 10:23:42 pm »
Well when I play Glacius, I get striders and a pair of bracers.

And then all I do is anti-ward, ward and follow the carry! That way it's pretty damn hard to get ganked :p
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:34:45 pm by Archz »

June 25, 2011, 10:48:17 pm
Reply #11

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »
Well when I play Glacius, I get striders and a pair of bracers.

And then all I do is anti-ward, ward and follow the carry! That way it's pretty damn hard to get ganked :p
all you play is gankers and carries though
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

June 26, 2011, 12:49:10 am
Reply #12

Offline Veilas

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 12:49:10 am »
Empath, Shieldbreaker,Steamboots, Helm of the Legion  and Savage mace !

June 26, 2011, 12:15:37 pm
Reply #13

Offline Gozhell

• Guild Member

• tumblr blog
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 12:15:37 pm »
When playing solo matchmaking you should never ever rely on someone else getting the ward or courier, unfortunately. Try to sort out the picks and whos getting what, if noone else is willing you could either jump on the idiot train or do it yourself. Often one ward every 6th minute is enough to avoid ganks on your lane or to control the runes and there's not a single person that can't afford that. The hardest part however, is to get someone else to do it since too many have this "carry" bullshit going on in their brain.

The best support should (depending on the mid hero) instantly spend all his gold on a bottle for the mid increasing the chance of winning mid and ganking the side lanes. This never happens in a complete pug vs pug game but it's pretty amusing to do with a whole team, having SS mid annihilating waves with demon hands plus his amazing auto attack. PK in 6minutes? NP!

The most important thing in HoN in general though is to ignore what other people are saying. Listening to them blaming the living shit out of you is one of the most annoying things I know since they never know what they're talking about.

June 26, 2011, 09:08:26 pm
Reply #14

Offline Thecurse

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 09:08:26 pm »
just lol

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:40:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 1 User
Cnackaa